It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2004, 12:21 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Anti Social HB UserAnti Social HB UserAnti Social HB User
Unhappy Recently Relapsed

I have been fighting Alcohol addiction for 4 and 1/2 yrs now.My longest amount of time clean was 3 & 1/2 months.I was drinking every weekend & sometimes a couple of days during the week,it was never daily.I decided to stop when I found out I was sick about 8 months ago.Even after finding out about the illness,I continued to drink for a little while.It was only b/c of my EX threatening to leave me that made me stop for good.Well,turns out I ended up relapsing 4 days ago,had 3 beers w/ an EX of mine.After drinking I realized that I do not want to go back to that space,Im finally getting my life together and feel that I am in a good space in my life.Does anyone think that I 'needed' to relapse to realize that I am in a good space now & that I truly dont want to go back to that horrible time in my life?

Old 10-26-2004, 12:28 PM   #2

Hope12 HB User
Re: Recently Relapsed

Anti Social- You didn't relapse,you slipped!!And what did you learn?? That you don't want to go back to the way you were living!! Yep, sometimes we all need a little reminder,and you got yours.Don't beat yourself up,just pick yourself up and keep on going.

Peace,Stacie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2004, 02:04 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

I never thought about it that way.Ive always considered it as a relapse.This slip was different from my other ones,this was the only time where I thought to myself 'I dont want to go back there"..I even hesitated for about an hour or so before I took that first sip.I knew It was wrong but I gave into the temptation.Im a lil disapointed in myself but I know that I at least learned something from this slip.

Old 10-26-2004, 02:15 PM   #4

Hope12 HB User

Don't Worry-temptation gets the BEST of us from time to time,addicts/alcoholics or not.We are not any less human than any one else.You drank THREE beers,had a WONDERFUL realization,and now know you REALLY don't want to go back.That's AWESOME!! SEE, there ARE lessons behind our mistakes,and you just needed a quick reminder!!!NOW, you KNOW!!!Just keep hangin in there, forget about the three beers,and move on.You're doing GREAT!

Take Care,Stacie

Old 10-26-2004, 02:50 PM   #5

sburch98 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Recently Relapsed

SLIP~~~Sobriety Looses It's Priority!! Just pick yourself up and move on!! You needed that to realize that you don't want to go back there again!! You learned something from your experience and that is the main thing! Congratulations and do this for YOURSELF not anyone or anything else.

Old 10-26-2004, 03:12 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Thank you both so much.You make so much sense.Makes me feel much better about this.Ive always been too hard on myself about everything,so why wouldnt I be about this,ya know?..But I am realizing that even tho you may slip that theres still hope!

Old 10-27-2004, 08:57 AM   #7

GeorgiaGirl1 HB User

Dear Anti Social:

Do not come down too hard on yourself. Many people suffer slips along the way to permanent sobriety. What is your illness and how are you doing now?
I hope you are feeling better. Is your illness alcohol related?

Best wishes,

GeorgiaGirl

Old 10-27-2004, 11:06 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Thank you GeorgiaGirl..I have Hep C,my mother had a transfusion back in the 70s & since Hep C wasnt popular back then they didnt test her when she became pregnant w/ me.I contracted it from birth.Im doing good,been on treatment & its been a bit rough but im hanging in there.

Closed Thread