It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2004, 07:35 AM   #1

Baseball65 HB User
Thumbs up Take 2...Starting over.

Today is my first day off hydro,going to start subutex.

I was so sick to my stomach the last few days,that I didn't even remotely enjoy the Hydro anymore....if I take enough to be "well" my stomach hurts....If I don't take enough,I get sick and tired.I wasn't using morphine this time,so I had nothing to "kick" the hydro buzz into gear.

I'm leaving town to go to the clinic,about 4 hours away.I'm just gonna spend the night,watch the ball game....Dr. wants to see you the first 2 days running.Than I only have to go once a month.

I'll check in when I get back tomorrow PM.

Thanks to all who have helped me.

-Peace
------Baseball65

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2004, 07:45 AM   #2

blindfaith HB User
Re: Take 2...Starting over.

Good luck Baseball! I can relate to the hydros doing nothing but making you sick by the end. I would have to take them to stave off withdrawals, but all they did was make me feel very nauseated and all together "yucky."

I can't recall, but I think you have taken the sub before so you know what to expect...if not, rest assured that this will be an easy detox compared to cold turkey.

And if you're a Red Sox fan, hopefully you'll have another good game to watch as they hopefully break the 8 straight post-season win record tonight. I'm one of the countless un-sportsminded girlfriends across the country who are racking up payback points for the HOURS of baseball (not to mention Sunday, Monday night, Thursday night, Sat...heck, all week football!) I've endured with my boyfriend recently

Let us know how it goes in a couple of days

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2004, 09:05 AM   #3
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User

Baseball!

Wishing you the best of luck for your Subcutex sojourn!! I'll be all ears when you return--and report on how much better you're feeling! :-) Like you and Blindfaith, those hydros (and now oxys instead) have the exact same effect on me as the two of you. No "joy." Just sickness if you don't take enough....and sickness if you DO take enough!! Yuck! I am now trying to screw up my nerve to find a sub doctor.

Look forward to hearing all about your experience!! I'm very happy for you. Lynn :-)

Old 10-27-2004, 09:45 AM   #4
(male)

murphy65 HB User

Hey bseball, [ removed ] My sub appt. is tomorrow morning. we are in the same boat. I'll paddle you steer.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-27-2004 at 03:51 PM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules

Old 10-28-2004, 06:15 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

Baseball-
You won't be sorry-takes a little time to adjust-suboxone works even better at low doses-once stabilised don't fear going down in dosage.
More info later.
Im happy for you-it may take a few-to feel better-give yourself a few days-and all will be great.
I haven't used for a year-(no relapses)...
Please let me know..
YAY SOX!!!
ggrl

Old 10-28-2004, 08:44 AM   #6
(female)

agentalias HB User

Thats great...you are definitely on your way to sobriety. I also felt that after relapsing with hydros wasn't the same euphoria as before. I felt also "yucky" taking them. Another great reason not to be a victim to hydros!

Great job that you're doing. Keep us posted on what your dr says. Good luck.

Last edited by agentalias; 10-29-2004 at 08:51 AM.

Old 10-28-2004, 09:22 AM   #7

mernee HB User

Yes good work it is all about perserverance...not perfection. I relapsed many times and each time it was less enjoyable and less enjoyable until it was a awful painful experience...I guess that is when my mind, body and spirit came into sync and I have been successfully clean for some time. Hope everything works out for you.....

Old 10-28-2004, 09:59 AM   #8
(female)

stillfromny HB User

Good Luck Baseball! Thanks for all of your help! Please let us know how it oes for you, I also want to know what I should expect when I go on Nov 12, that date is on my brain....

Hugs

Closed Thread