It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2004, 05:11 AM   #1

sue steer HB User
Smile magnesium/calcium for anxiety

I am in alcohol recovery and have recently given up smoking as well. (madness!) I just wanted to let others know my experience incase it is helpful - I have started taking a magnesium/calcium supplement for osteoporosis prevention and amazingly almost straightaway my anxiety has disappeared. The desire to have a drink or cigarette to calm the jittery feelings has completely gone.
I am a particularly sensitive person which may explain why the effect has been so considerable but for those of you with jittery anxiety it might be worth a go.
Regards
Sue

Old 10-28-2004, 08:37 AM   #2

mernee HB User
Re: magnesium/calcium for anxiety

It is funny because the first thing I ever heard when I first started to get clean was " most addicts are extremely over sensitive people", somewhere along the line we took that as a negative however, having been clean for sometime it has made me an incredible empathizer, which has been a great advantage at work. I appreciate the information and I am going to check into that. I work with a number of people that might find that helpful. Having had a medical background it makes sense to me, I recently read a study about Dr's advising patients with Asthma to take large doses of magnesium, as they feel it calms them during an attack which enables them to reach normal breathing faster.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread