It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User
Klonopin and clonidine... are these the same?

I wanted to know if these two drugs are the same and i also wanted to know how they made any of you feel when you took it? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

Old 01-14-2005, 04:50 PM   #2

dsny HB User
Re: Klonopin and clonidine... are these the same?

Klonopin is a benzodiazapine(sp?) or tranquilizer and Clonidine is used to control blood pressure.The two are totally different.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsny
Klonopin is a benzodiazapine(sp?) or tranquilizer and Clonidine is used to control blood pressure.The two are totally different.
Thank you soooooo much! I thought so! Well listen to this, I have been on the Duragesic patches for quite sometime and started to wean off of them, well i went completely off yesterday and the w/d are beginning and getting fierce. Well i called my Dr. today and told him i thought that i would need something called in to get me through the next few days fairly comfortably. The nurse told me that he was going to call me in Klonopin, well i picked the med up at the pharmacy and they gave me clonidine!!! So someone has made a mistake somewhere!!!! Thanks for the info!

ValleyGirl

Old 01-14-2005, 05:26 PM   #4
(male)

murphy65 HB User

Most doctors use clonodine for withdrawls it does help. Klonopin is addicting and shouldnt be used for more than a few days

Old 01-14-2005, 05:48 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy65
Most doctors use clonodine for withdrawls it does help. Klonopin is addicting and shouldnt be used for more than a few days
Murphy, Thanks a bunch! Well, before i read your post i called the Dr. on call and he basically told me the same thing that you just did. When i talked to the nurse today she is the one that told me the Dr. was calling me in Klonopin!!!! So when i picked up the med and it was the clonidine it threw me for a loop because i was most certain that the two meds were different! Thanks so much for your post i really appreciate it! Boy, coming off these narcotics has just been pure hell.
ValleyGurl

Closed Thread