It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 07:43 AM   #16
(female)

MissMolly HB User
Re: My vicoden detox...

I'm on Day 8 - Sleeping better but nauscous and dirrerha. Is that part of it or is that from the Ativan the doctor put me on to get through the next two weeks?

Old 03-08-2005, 08:17 AM   #17

carolkinch HB User

Hey Mtnclimber,
First of all, congratulations on your success. I know how difficult detox is and am very, VERY happy to hear that you are feeling well "on the other side of the mountain".

You shared,
"In the midst of my addiction I was extremely effective in business. The fact that they improved my performance greatly is one reason why I was taking so many. My accomplishments during the last couple years were staggering. Now I have to learn to do the same without 12/day."
I detoxed in December from four years of Oxycontin/Suboxone/Hydrocodone use. I discovered in the recovery process that I have Adult ADD, and have lived with it my entire life, unknowingly (I'm 39 years old). People with ADD often find that stimulant (like cocaine) or narcotic use helps them to feel "normal". Somehow they help us to relax and focus, and people with ADD can get easily dependant. Of course, the "positive" effects are only eclipsed over time by the overwhelmingly negative effects of drug use.

I'm not saying "you have ADD", but, if the narcotics helped to slow you down and focus it may be worth investigating.

AGAIN, nothing but my heartfelt congratuations to you for what you have overcome, and for taking your life back.

C.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 01:18 PM   #18
(male)

GBH_sicksickick HB User

Moderator - Please Stick This - :d Mtn Climber Has Great Story

Old 03-14-2005, 08:05 AM   #19
(male)

mtnclimber HB User

Hi All,

I'm still clean (pretty much). My wife has control of my percocet and I take a couple here and there when I'm really hurting. Afterwards I don't have any w/d's or any great urge to take more the next day. Considering my lifestyle and back problem, taking nothing forever is really not an option.

My friend quit a similar habit to mine the right way with tapering and every other treatment money can buy. Except the other day he told me, "God didn't punish him enough". So he's back on...

Good luck to all !

M.

Old 03-14-2005, 09:26 AM   #20
Veteran
(male)

DCV HB User

MissMolly, I had those symptoms everytime I went into withdrawls, so I don't think its the Ativan.

Closed Thread