It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2005, 08:47 AM   #1
Inactive

dollfin7 HB User
how long will ultram withdrawal last?

For several years, I was prescribed high doses of Oxycodone and Oxycontin. A few months ago, I detoxed off of these. Because of chronic pain issues that continued after stopping the Oxy's, my doctor then prescribed Ultram. I took this for about 7 weeks, and I hated the side effects (dizziness, sick to my stomach, anxiety, heart palpitations, etc...). The dizziness was bad enough this past weekend that I decided just to quit the Ultram cold turkey. The last dose I took was Saturday 4/2/05 at 6 am.... of 50mg. Since then I have taken nothing but Advil. Naturally, I expected withdrawal symptoms, and I am having them. I am having hot flashes and cold sweats, anxiety, sick to my stomach, and insomnia. THis withdrawal is not nearly as bad as the withdrawals from the Oxy's, but it isn't a sunday picnic either. So, can someone tell me how long, on average, I can expect these Ultram withdrawals to continue?? It is now Tuesday morning and I have just passed the 72 hour mark with no Ultram. I still feel pretty bad this morning, and I guess I was naive to think that the Ultram withdrawals would have stopped by this point, but obviously not. How many more days can I expect to feel this bad? Thanks.

Old 04-05-2005, 04:36 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

BH2004 HB User
Re: how long will ultram withdrawal last?

Hey Dolfin. I got off of Ultracet (Ultram) a few days before Christmas and I am still having withdrawal symptoms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #3

blurayne HB User
Re: how long will ultram withdrawal last?

I have had ongoing problems with ultram and in the past, the only successful way was to taper as slow as you can. Like 1/2 a pill every one to two weeks. I think the worst part of the WD (have stopped this drug abruptly as well) leg cramps, insomnia, restlessness, depression, anxiety, stomache problems were done with in about 1-2 weeks. Then the fatigue persists for the rest of the month, as well as anxitry, depression, that kind of thing for me was about 4-6 weeks. including the 1-2 weeks of physical WD. so 2-4 weeks after that was the rest of it. This WD does last longer for some reason. I had to go back on an antidepressent to deal with the mental part of it. Im still trying to shake the last two a day, this crap just wont let go of me. Good luck, KIm

Closed Thread