It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2005, 07:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisaaahubb HB User
Please help, headache for 3 days now...

O.k....i have had a bangin' headache and neck=ache for 3 DAYS NOW!!!
It seems to get worse as the day goes on....to the point that i feel like i am gonna heave and blurred vision. I am wondering what you guys do when a headache comes on like this. I do have tramadol, which i refuse to go higher than 4 a day....
can i take tylenol with the tramadol???? would that help my headache. I have been icing my neck and head, that works temporarily. I can't call my regular doctor because i know what that will lead to......

Any advice would be appreciated. i do have 2 darvocets, but i am leary of taking them with tramadol. Plus i don't feel like jumping on the opiate train again. when is this freakin headache gonna subside??? the sun is killing me, my son's voice is echoing so loudly in my head........UGGGHHHH, this sucks.
I gotta get rid of this, it is the third day and i am at a loss of what to do.
i can't type anymore, this computer is killing my head too,
anyone else have had a headache this long???? I am starting to freak out about it.
luv,
LISA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2005, 07:58 AM   #2
(female)

Nikka HB User
Re: Please help, headache for 3 days now...

Dear Lisa,

I would call my Doctor. Or Call a Chiropractor. Get a massage. Severe headaches and neck pain can be indicative of other ailments. Now I am gona get real - aneryrum. Spelling? I had a friend with similiar symtpoms and she was real lucky because when she finally checked into to the hospital they were able to help.
Now I don't post much - I just read. You say you don't want to go to the opiate route? Think again dear. Allow yourself to be pain free. Call a free clinic and ask their advice. I will say a prayer for you and am sending you an internet hug!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2005, 08:04 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

valleygurl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaaahubb
O.k....i have had a bangin' headache and neck=ache for 3 DAYS NOW!!!
It seems to get worse as the day goes on....to the point that i feel like i am gonna heave and blurred vision. I am wondering what you guys do when a headache comes on like this. I do have tramadol, which i refuse to go higher than 4 a day....
can i take tylenol with the tramadol???? would that help my headache. I have been icing my neck and head, that works temporarily. I can't call my regular doctor because i know what that will lead to......

Any advice would be appreciated. i do have 2 darvocets, but i am leary of taking them with tramadol. Plus i don't feel like jumping on the opiate train again. when is this freakin headache gonna subside??? the sun is killing me, my son's voice is echoing so loudly in my head........UGGGHHHH, this sucks.
I gotta get rid of this, it is the third day and i am at a loss of what to do.
i can't type anymore, this computer is killing my head too,
anyone else have had a headache this long???? I am starting to freak out about it.
luv,
LISA
Lisa, Yes, i have had a headache like that before that lasted about 7 days. Not sure really why???? I would think that it would be ok to take tylenol on top of the Tramadol. As if you are taking Tramadol verses ultracet the Tramadol doesnt have any Tylenol in it. The ultracet is a combo of the Tramadol and Tylenol together. Can you take Ibuprofen? If so i would try taking 800mg. every 6 hours and see if that helps. That should also be safe to take with the Tramadol. One other thing......with all the stress you have in your life, have you had your blood pressure checked recently? I would check that to make sure that it isnt elevated causing the headache!

Just my 2 cents! Love ya, ValleyGurl

Old 04-15-2005, 04:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

Lisa-
how are you doing today?
I also suffer w/ headaches..migraines..and they seem to hit monthly..now.
At least 3-4 days-in a row..then they go-
I take a ton of advil-but they linger..
Id definitely call your dr.-are you prone to headaches-(have them in the past)??
Could it be the tramadol?
Depression can also bring on physical symptoms...according to my dr.-
let me know how you are feeling..
ggrl

Hope you are doing better today...

Old 04-15-2005, 05:30 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisaaahubb HB User

Happy Friday,
HEY GODDESSGRL!!!!
Guess what girls, i think this was a form of PMS if ya know what i mean LOL LOL....I hope this doesn't happen monthly, I was barely able to function the pain was so dam bad. I ended up taking Valleygurls advice and took 2 motrin 600mg, and that seemed to get on top of it. Then i took 2 tylenol about 3 hrs later and the migraine or whatever it was went away. I am glad that is over with.
Why does the tramadol cause headaches???? I don't want any part of it, if it was the cause, but like i said, i am pretty sure it happened because it was right before that time of the month
Couldn't have worse timing too, picked up a really cute outfit for a big surprise 50th b-day party we are going to tonight and guess what color pants i got.......you guessed it WHITE....ugggghhhh, i have some bad luck sometimes LOL LOL
Oh well, what can you do, i only have another month or so of this crap and i won't have to deal with this part of being a woman ever again
I used to get real bad migraines a couple of years ago, so bad i would be in bed for a good 3 days. They seem to think it is a mixture of hormones and then i have issues with my back from all the MAJOR car accidents i was in when i was younger. My grandma used to tell me, "when you get older, Lisa, you are gonna feel all this abuse you keep putting your body thru!", she was right!!!!!! I was 16 the first car accident i was in, we hit a telephone pole at about 100 mph and i flew out the back window of the car and slid down the rode like 50 feet. OUCH!!! I was in the hospital for a good month, they actually PUT me in a coma-like state for 2 weeks, so my body could heal or whatever, i don't remember, that was ages ago.....then there was a truck accident with my girlfriend and our boyfriends at the time, she is a vegtable now, it still bothers me to this day!, and then a motorcycle accident with my first husband, no helmet on, sandals and a tank top and shorts---road rash city!!!
So i guess I can expect some aches and pains as i get older. Now that i write that out, i take back what i said about pain killers, my first bought with them was at 16....hmmmmmm makes me wonder.......
O.k....guys thanks so much for the help and info.....i am so glad to be rid of that awful headache.....i couldn't even take the sound of the t.v....or the sunshine.....
I can't believe that it is going to be 80 DEGREES here this coming week. Woo-hoo!!!!! Summer is finally approaching. Last night i went out to get some hair-dye and i was seeing all kinds of signs that summer is coming.....
the local soft-serve ice cream shop was open for the season, the ice cream man made his way around our neighborhood, and there were motorcycles everywhere.....Thank God!!! This winter was a long one, for us up here in the northeast. I am ready for some nice outdoor activities. My boys have their first scrimage (spelling???) tomorrow morning. "My" son is catching again, i am so proud of him , my husband's son is doing his best as he hasn't had the opportunity to play since he was 6. I believe sports are extremely important to kids. If they aren't doing something constructive, they are gonna find trouble. The baseball keeps them busy and TIRED, They have practice at least 4X a week. My step-son is hanging in there, poor kid, he could barely catch a ground ball. Better late than never, i guess. What the hell is wrong with his mother, she is so dam lazy, she can't be bothered to bring him, so i have to drive about 20 miles to his school 3-4 times a week, and then he sleeps over and i bring him to school the next morning. It is hard with my 3 yr old, cuz i have to wake him in the a.m. to bring his brother to school, but i will sacrifice so the poor kid is able to BE A KID!!!
O.k....somehow this turned into a novel....sorry!!! Today i am going to take the little one to the park, he is already as good of a ball player as my step-son i am hoping one of my boys will be playing for the Red Sox someday..... then they can take care of ME!!! LOL
O.k....hope everyone has a good Friday!
lots of love,
LISA

Old 04-18-2005, 04:57 PM   #6
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User

Hey, Lisa!

You can't just "casually" mention that you had a crappy weekend with your occasional tenant (LOL!)--and then say "but I won't go into it!!!" I know you too well for that!! :-) What happened this weekend with him? (the old Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde)???....Are you sorta calmed down. You okay right now?

And--now--with your cancer treatments coming up--AND this ADDED burden of a "now-you-see-me-now-do-don't" husband.--your body is getting bounced back and forth like a ping pong ball with all this physical vs emotional stress. This is noooo good for you. You need to feel calm and loved and supported as you go thru all this medical healing. (And you know you have all three of those things right here with us!) :-)

When do your treatments start? What do you have to take? Re. the painkillers...I know that you are going to use all your "tough stuff fighting spirit" to keep the levels down as much as possible. And all your board pals will be here to talk it over with you.

I know it's tough--but it's time to begin thinking more about yourself than anyone else....to give your body a headstart in its work ahead. Your entire family knows just how much you have always supported them--and how much you love them. Now, they can help YOU.

So....you just talk whenever you're feeling fed up...frightened...or maybe even in need of a laugh. (I'll pull some really bad jokes together for you!!!) :-)

You take care...and, oh.....thanks for your so-very-much appreciated support of me. You are a sweetie! :-) Lynn

PS By the way, Am doing well on my very slow Sub taper--and each day, I feel so lucky and so blessed as I realize that I can still feel and enjoy things about life that I thought were gone for ever. And, now I'm rooting so hard for Goddess and everyone else at the finishline. :-)

Closed Thread