It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2005, 08:11 PM   #1
(female)

Msdesertrat58 HB User
Question Life after Vicoden, what is it like?

I've read where people have said they have gone through withdrawl & have been clean for let's say 4 mos., I've been taking Vics for soo long & wonder if you can really be free of them and feel "Normal" and happy again? . For those of you remarkable people who have done this and so know it can be done, I would love to hear from you. For example, how long after you stop and feeling like crap do you start to finally feel good again?

Old 04-16-2005, 08:17 PM   #2
(female)

jenall1225 HB User
Re: Life after Vicoden, what is it like?

Just curious, why were you on it? Why did you stop? Did the wean you off?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 05:20 AM   #3
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User

Your question is one so many of us have asked ourselves--because it's such a crucial one to our future lives. But there is a whole slew of people here who will tell you how rewarding the effort is. It can take a long time (up to a year) for the brain to feel more back to "normal" in some cases. But most of us became addicted over at least a period of a year, so....we just have to be patient and let ourselves heal.

There are some wonderful, encouraging threads on this subject of "Life after drugs" in the Archives here. One poster in particular, Philster, has told his story in a way that's helped so many of us. You can check his posts by typing in "Philster" in the Archives. His posts are so worth reading. (You reading this, Phil?? How ARE you!) :-)

So--welcome to the Board...you'll find many people exactly where you are, who will be happy to share their experiences with you. Lynn :-)

Old 04-17-2005, 06:34 AM   #4
(male)

JCS HB User

I took percocet and vicodin on and off for about 3 years .......I have a bad back...........the last 5 or 6 month of taking them I started taking them every day about 10-20 per day........it was crazy they ran my life......... A little over 4 month ago I got help I have been clean since...........it took me about 3 week before I started to feel some what normal.........life is so much differnt now I don't think about them all time any more.....but I do still think about them........some times I have dreams about them where I find some and I take them....I never feel the buzz in the dream....and I wake up so glad it was just a dream......I wonder if they will ever stop..........I do not have the energy I had when I took them...but things are getting better...I just keep on pushing my self to do things...........But I would say " Life after Vicodin" for me is good...............the monkey is off my back........ and I feel good
BEST OF LUCK TO EVERY ONE
JCS

Old 04-17-2005, 11:24 AM   #5
(female)

Msdesertrat58 HB User
Arrow Re: Life after Vicoden, what is it like?

HI I'm sorry, I am on it for last 5 yrs. due to chronic knee pain and multible surgeries. Recently I had a TKR (Total knee replacement) and am still in allot of pain. Other knee is due for an orthioscropy and suffer lower back pain due to all this. I hurt every day. But trying to stop the pain through surgery so far has been in vain.

Old 05-18-2005, 03:48 PM   #6
(female)

Celadon HB User

I take Vicodin about 3 days a week, 1 pill only each day. Enough pain relief in my shoulders to continue doing the art work that supports me. If I take V. two or three days in a row, the effects are not as great - so I deliberately limit myself. Hoping that some day, when I can afford it, shoulder surgery will do away with any need for painkillers.

Old 08-26-2005, 10:34 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Philster2003 HB User

Always late to the party I am ha

But let me add that its been 2 yrs. and almost 9 months clean for me and its been all good. Life on this side of the dark side is really quite breathtaking. Oh there are days you need to have incredible resolve as the fight is never over to stay drug free. But I know my triggers and I avoid them which works reel on cravings and urges and the power of denial.

To all who are clean enjoy and to those on the verge of getting clean be prepared to enjoy the fruits of a wonderful experience. Donít wait to long as you really are missing life at its best.

phil

Old 08-26-2005, 10:48 AM   #8
(male)

barbarian HB User

those who are worried about withdrawal try using SUBOXONE to help kick the habit, it not addicted like those other pills, lots of detox now is using these pills, really those who want to quit without feeling those withdrawal pains try to get a way to get your hands on some suboxone

Closed Thread