It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2005, 11:50 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

SheSparkles HB User
Momof4Va-READ THIS IF YOU READ ANYTHING

I believe you are the poster who said that she was going to undergo UROD ..Ultra Rapid Opiate Detox if your current taper didn't work. Unless you do your homework and find out what this procedure is...what the failure rate is, what the MORTALITY rate is, what the cost is, both financially and in human suffering and loss of life, I implore you...DO NOT DO IT. UROD is a barbaric, inhumane, cruel, dangerous and humiliating method of rapid withdrawal from narcotics. Please PLEASE...use any search engine and read everything you can about this. Once I found out exactly what UROD is, I made a promise I would never let an innocent wander into these halls of torture without warning. Once you have educated yourself about UROD, if you then choose to undergo the "treatment" at least I have kept my promise. Please speak to people having gone through this...ask them about PAWS...Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome......read...read...read.
SS

Old 04-19-2005, 06:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User
Re: Momof4Va-READ THIS IF YOU READ ANYTHING

Again-SS-words of wisdom-
A friend of mine did Rapid detox-it cost 5,000.00 dollars-she ended up in the hospital-and then relapsed immediately..she was so ill-we were scared for her life!
She is now 3 years clean in the program after completeing in-patient detox-for 7 day methadone w/d..
You'd be better off-to go to a 5-7 day detox and tough it out-w/ the PAWS-
you get paws no matter what you do to come off-the rapid detox is extreme!!!
Good luck!And search-research..
peace.
ggrl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2005, 09:31 AM   #3
(male)

Gangstar HB User

Aw...dont do it hun! F all that

Old 04-19-2005, 10:19 AM   #4

MomOf4VA HB User

I know 2 people who went to the Coleman Institute in Richmond and they both have almost 3 years clean now. I know some places are sketchy. But, this place seems OK. I am just desperate right now. I don't know what to do.

Old 04-19-2005, 10:22 AM   #5

MomOf4VA HB User

Nevermind.

Last edited by MomOf4VA; 04-19-2005 at 10:30 AM. Reason: I dont think I can post a link.

Old 04-19-2005, 10:29 AM   #6

MomOf4VA HB User

There is a difference between Ultra Rapid Detox and Accelerated Detox Technique. I am still not going to do it. You still have to go thru wd's. It appears there is no getting around that. Damn what a mess we haev made.

Closed Thread