It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2005, 08:50 AM   #1

MomOf4VA HB User
Talking This Can't Be True!

GUYS! This Suboxone is the best medication, EVER. I am on my second day and have NO wd's, NO cravings, NO "where are my pills" feelings, just normal. I even have pills sitting up at the pharmacy waiting for me to come get them and I am not even going to pick them up! The birds are singing and I just cannot tell you how RELIEVED I feel. I have chronic pain due a broken neck and a failed cervical fusion surgery. He said if this med also relieves my pain that I can stay on it as long as I want to. What a relief. Pillz, Mr. Grateful, you were RIGHT. I feel soooooo much better. I am gonna go back and read my posts from last week, when I was so doubtful and crying. People, there is hope. In many forms. Mine is the Sub. Thank God for this miracle!

Hope everyone is feeling well. As well as you can.
~Kim

Old 04-26-2005, 09:06 AM   #2
(female)

diva78 HB User
Re: This Can't Be True!

Yeah for you! I've been watching and reading your posts and talked with you a few times....and let me tell you that u are an inspiration to us all. Hopefully one day I can get to where you are at. Today I have a follow up appt at my Ortho Surgeons office and will get all my test results and see what the future has in store for my back situation...maybe I'll be one step towards turning away from there much needed but much hated pills as well. Good to know that the sub works for your pain too. Much luck to you and keep us all posted! I'm so proud of you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2005, 09:11 AM   #3
(male)

mrgrateful HB User

Mom.......Yeah!! Congratulations........can I say "I told you so?" It gets better from here. Your post really made my day, I haven't had goose bumps in ages, honestly, reading your post made my little bit of jonesin go away......I am so happy for you and your family.........God loves you.......JT

Old 04-26-2005, 09:35 AM   #4

MomOf4VA HB User

Thanks you two! I really know that this is going to change my life. I am not being a drama queen or trying to sound corny and over the top. But, to just wake up in the morning and not have "where are my pills" come to mind first thing is wonderful. I just came in from outside. I was sitting under a tree, in the grass with my 4 year old and my 3 month old and we just sat. Sat and played and felt the wind. I wasn't worried about my next dose, my next drs appt, my next phone call, just enjoying LIFE. I cannot tell you how GOOD that feels. I appreciate you guys writing me back. It really made my day!

{{{HUGS}}}
~Kim

Old 04-26-2005, 10:16 AM   #5
(female)

Scared Wife HB User

Hi Kim,

I'm so happy to hear that you're having a great day and that the medication is helping you the way it is. Way to go! Keep up the great work. I'll bet it's nice to spend some time outdoors with your children!

Luv,
Scared Wife

Old 04-26-2005, 10:47 AM   #6

MomOf4VA HB User

Hey Scared. Have you kicked that crazy *** husband and his "friend" to the curb yet? It's time to take out the trash, girl!

Love,
Kim

Old 04-26-2005, 07:24 PM   #7
(female)

honey1 HB User
Unhappy Re: This Can't Be True!

Can you tell me how much the med cost? I am about to stop three years of hydrocodone use. I do have a ligitmate injury, but I am abusing the pain killer and I hate it. I know I need help to stop. I am happy to hear that the medication is working for you. This is my first time to post.

Old 04-27-2005, 03:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

Mom-
So happy to hear you are feeling better..the sub is a great option..thats why i decieded to give myself-the gift of freedom by going w/ long term maitainence..
The beauty is-you can maintain yourself on low doses-quite well-
I felt the same things you described..when i got serious about treatment-and found the right dose..
What a relief..
How are you Mr. Grateful???
Did you jump yet?
Im still around .5-3/4 mgs..
Dr. says another couple weeks..
Feeling it-but im fine..
Hope you are too!
Best of everything to the both of you..
ggrl

Old 04-27-2005, 07:18 AM   #9

MomOf4VA HB User

Well, like I said. I could be on this Sub for a long time. It really does help the pain. And I never feel "high". Just normal. It's so great. When I called my doctor yesterday to tell him how I was feeling, I could hear ihm smiling on the phone. He said "This is just what I expected and just what I had hoped for you. You're gonna be fine." It made me feel SO MUCH BETTER. Anyway, it's another GORGEOUS day here in Northern Virginia and I am gonna walk my little one to the bus stop then walk to my girlfriends and have some coffee while our stay at home little ones play. NO CALLING AROUND FOR PILLS OR ASKING HER TO SIT SO I CAN GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am starting to feel like every day is a gift instead of something that I just have to get through some kind of way.

Peace
~Kim

PS: Thanks all for putting up with my obnoxious exuberance over the last couple of days. I really appreciate it.

Old 04-27-2005, 07:46 AM   #10
(female)

jenjordan HB User

HEY kim
I am glad for you you sound great

Old 04-27-2005, 07:50 AM   #11
Veteran
(male)

DCV HB User

Good for you!