It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2005, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

posse789 HB User
Wink Hey Addiction Friends

Hey guys i made it through almost two weeks without any vicodin. Wow it was real bad the first four days I was so cold i could feel my bones grinding together. I had to work all week and spent most of my job time in the bathroom. It was terrible. Right now i feel so alive and awake I cant even believe what i have been missing for so long. I have been laughing for real and crying for real. I am not fake anymore and I like who i am. Well, I am a little irritable still, but I am doing it. My big problem now is i can not sleep. I havent slept a good night since,my legs are so restless. Maybe its because my body is saying wow whats going on your not hurting me right now. Well anyway oxy if your reading this reply to me because i cant find you. Hey all of you that think you need them you really dont, because after one week or so you will feel like a million bucks. I am kind of scared though because i used to depend on my pills when things were bad, but today i turned down three vicodin at work. I am so proud of myself and i want to tell everyone but only those who have this problem will understand. Anyone have any ideas for my sleeping problems without narcotics?Thanks you guys for your letters before. I feel like i have a million people behind me, and now after so long i feel strong enough to do this right and stay off the pills. Also dont think you cant quit because you can. I never thought i could and here i am sober as ever and looking at myself with my own blue eyes, not some glaze cover up. You guys know what??? I like my clear blue eyes. Thank you everyone for being there in spirit for me. It did help alot take care posse789

Last edited by posse789; 05-22-2005 at 05:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2005, 07:46 PM   #2
(male)

oocher HB User
Re: 2 weeks sober!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posse 789,
CONGRATS on your 2 weeks! I am also going on just over 2 weeks, although I tapered with BUP and have been completely off for 3 days. So far so good. My stomach has been upset and the RESTLESS LEGS have been killin me!

Usually around 930 10pm is when they kick (no pun) in. Tylenol PM didn't work so I went to the doc. Didn't tell her I was kickin hydro, just restless legs and no sleep. She prescribed xanax at .05mg. Well, the last thing I want to do is get another habit. However, I do get about 4 to 5 hours of sleep, but I would rather fall asleep on my own.

Try taking a calcium/magnesium supplement. It seemed to ease it a little, but it is still there. I am thinking maybe another few days...hopefully.

Good job and keep it up. You are setting an example and inspiration for the others who maybe starting their detox.

oocher

Old 05-24-2005, 11:09 PM   #3
(male)

Ukonom HB User

Posse-
That is outstanding. I'm glad your seeing the world in a new light. Give yourself a big pat on the back. Toe the mark and everyday will be a bit better! Nice JOB!!
Ukonom

Old 05-25-2005, 12:10 PM   #4
(female)

enoughisenough HB User

Congratualtions on your accomplishment! I can NOT wait until the day I can say that I've been w/out vicodin for a couple of weeks! It only been 22 hrs for me so far! I say "only" but it is a big accomplishment! Would love to hear if you have any tips on making this just a little easier or if you could let me know what to expect! Thanks & keep up the good work!!!!! ~Kim

Old 05-26-2005, 02:33 PM   #5
(male)

oocher HB User

Garintass,
Thanks for the pat. It's the little things that help a lot. As far as the withdrawals, I did go through some, although it did not seem as worse as some. I tapered too quickly but I really wanted off and stuck it out. I tapered to the .2 Bup pills down to .05. EVERY LITTLE bit helped!

When I was done, it took a good day and a half before the withdrawals kicked in. I went through the sweats, lethargy, and oh the ruuunss - but I could function, but not at 100%, and not as bad as some that I read quitting CT.

Also, and this is just me, I viewed the withdrawals as, "you made your bed, now you gotta sleep in it." In some way it helps me put things in perspective, but again, this is just me. I was up to 200mg hydro by the second year and enough was enough.

From all the boards that I have read, DO NOT be surprised if you go through some withdrawal, and everyone is different so you may not. I am still not sleeping too well because of the restless legs, however, that gets better daily.

Hope this helps, if not, please ask away.

Garintass, you are more than halfway there, be strong, stay strong, the amazement is just around the corner...

Oocher

Closed Thread