It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2005, 08:25 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User
Morning..... Happy Memorial Day Everyone

Hi,
I havent been on much latley. Miss you all. Today is Monday Memorial Day and day 44 for me. I had a very busy weekend. We had a nice suprise. My step son flew in for the weekend, so we ran all weekend (good stuff). Yesterday, we had a BBQ and fellowship with family. I got to soak in the hot tup and just relax. My husband is on his way to the airport to drop his son off and I am putsing around in the garden. The house is in pretty good order-- one nice thing about being clean.
The weather has been really warm, so it was nice for my step son to get out of the Boston rain. Were expecting rain (50 percent chance for the next couple of days here where I live in fla) . Thats a "warm welcome" for my flowers. I plan to fertilize everything today so it doesnt run off tomorrow.
Another good thing about today is that I dont have to cook with all the left overs. Normally I love to cook but a day off is always nice. Plus, the salads and stuff taste so much better.
I have this weird situtation though. I had initially thougt I would have the BBQ today (Monday) but with my son in law coming down, I changed it to yesterday so he could enjoy seeing his grandfolks. I had invited a really good friend and her man. She said since I changed it to Sunday, she couldnt make it. Understandable. I found out yesterday after another good friend stopped over that Jodi, the first friend is having a BBQ today, and I wasnt invited. I dont know what to make of it. I know she drinks, maybe she thinks I will put a damper on her party. I dont know. I guess I am hurt.... Not too bad though as I plan to spend the day with my man and working around the house. Any insite? Also, on this site, I have been looking for a friend that loves paragraphs... You out there?

Marilyn

Last edited by TomsWife; 05-30-2005 at 08:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2005, 09:35 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sandyspen HB UserSandyspen HB User
Re: Morning..... Happy Memorial Day Everyone

Hi Marilyn,
Oh Marilyn, I don't see it that way at all. I bet she thinks that you might be uncomfortable at her barbecue because there will be alchohol all around.

I can remember a lot of the same quandries when my hubby was clean, who to invite and who not to. When we went to his family for holidays, they would call me in advance and ask about what to serve, etc, and who to invite. They assumed he was a lot more sensitive to others drinking than he actually was.

Closed Thread