It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2005, 06:28 AM   #1
(female)

laurausesntexas HB User
hydrocodone withdrawals are killing me

I'm on day 13 and I feel HORRIBLE. I didn't have the diarrhea (I had constipation), didn't urinate, couldn't eat and vomited constantly. But now i'm having horrible body cramps. I already have low potassium (which causes body cramps anyway) but it is bad. I may end up in ER today I can't take this cramping and pain. It is every muscle in my body cramping, even my neck and jaws.

I am also paranoid as H**l. I think everyone is against me and thinks i'm a "junkie" and a bad person. I know i'm not though. I was great wife, good mother and a wonderful nurse. I always worked, cooked, cleaned and took care of my family. I got addicted to hydrocodone 10/325 after having cancer. I was up to taking 20-25 pills a day. I quit cold turkey 13 days ago when I got arrested for fraud prescription. I have lost my job, home, family, vehicle, husband, EVERYTHING that I cared about. Now I feel like everyone is purposedly avoiding me because i'm an addict and a bad influence. I feel everyone talking about me. I'm depressed and don't know what's gonna happen to me. My attorney says I will most likely just get one year probation because it's my first offense. I might lose my nursing license though because I didn't follow through with TPAPN in March when I admitted I was addicted. That is ok because I have other skills to qualify for good paying jobs. For now until the nursing board completes their investigation I am allowed to still work as a nurse. Hopefully I can get hired next week. I've been moving this week and trying to detox before looking for a job.

I am so sad, scared and lonely. I am tired of being depressed, anxious and paranoid. I don't know what to do. I can't go to rehab because I have to get a job and start getting some money coming in to pay bills and my attorney or I will go to jail.

Any support or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
laura

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 08:04 AM   #2

tony_b HB User
Re: hydrocodone withdrawals are killing me

You can do it...

Old 06-30-2005, 09:52 AM   #3
(male)

homes HB User

Hang in there Laura, your almost there. I am at day 14 and feel alot better than the last couple of days. I just stopped home to jump in a hot bath for 10 minutes it really helps me with the leg cramping. Dont worry about what others think they will all respect you when this is over.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:04 AM   #4
(female)

irishprincess35 HB User

Soaking in hot baths WILL help your body aches/cramps a lot. I was EXACTLY where you were at a little over 2 weeks ago. It is hell, no one can deny it...but you CAN get thru it. Every day, your body will be repairing itself (even when it doesn't feel like it is). I know that I would get frustrated when it seemed like so much time had passed since quitting cold turkey and I still wasn't better yet. The body cramps are gone for me now (day 28 for me) but I still don't have all of my energy back and my stomach is way screwed up....but it DOES get better. There were plenty of days I thought I was just going to die from the pain and was sure I needed to go to a hospital or dr....but I was just so scared that they would put more meds in my body. I had already come tooooo far to slide back into pill land.

You can do it....

Old 06-30-2005, 01:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

I am on day 19 of percocet detox and feeling almost back to normal. I tapered off and then used the detox recipe including the Ltyrosine, which has kept my mood up. I don't feel restless or spacey or depressed. Every now and then I feel achy but no big deal.

Try not to think so much. Distract yourself with a book or movie. Pray and stay close to God.

Old 06-30-2005, 02:44 PM   #6
(female)

JaneDoe1 HB User

Stay Strong! You can do it! 13 days is amazing - so, don't give up and hang in there!!

Last edited by JaneDoe1; 06-30-2005 at 02:47 PM.

Old 06-30-2005, 05:44 PM   #7
(female)

laurausesntexas HB User
Unhappy Re: hydrocodone withdrawals are killing me

Thanks again for the support from you all . I ended up going to the ER today because I thought my potassium had bottomed out the cramps were soooooo horribly bad. Well good thing I went, it turned out my potassium was critically high. They had to give me 2 IV's and a bunch of meds. Wanted to keep me overnight on a heart monitor but I didn't wanna stay. They finally got it to a normal level of 5.2 after hours. However that's not the cause of the cramps...apparently the withdrawals are the culprit. But why am I just having problems on day 14? I don't understand. I thought the worst was past me and today is the most horrible painful day of my life. I am having constant cramps in every muscle of my body, even my jaws and neck. I can't sit still and just cry and cry i've never hurt so bad and i've had cancer and several other major surgeries. How long will this last? I was doing good, starting to get energy again and getting things accomplished. Now I feel a major setback .. and I have to finish moving tomorrow in the 100 degree texas heat. I was gonna look for a job on Tuesday but can't work like this. Please tell me what helps and how long this will last? I'm taking multi vitamins, L Tyrosine, Zinc and B12 shots.

Old 07-04-2005, 01:37 PM   #8
(male)

Vanguard HB User

My withdrawal only lasted for 3 days max. Maybe because I was still in shock when I lost my job that I wasn't cognizant of the physical withdrawals.

The bottomline is STOP using.

Old 07-04-2005, 04:19 PM   #9
(female)

laurausesntexas HB User

I have QUIT using..thank you.

Old 07-04-2005, 04:58 PM   #10
(female)

JaneDoe1 HB User

Laura,

Let us know, how you're doing? I hope you are feeling better now! Be strong.

Jane

Old 07-05-2005, 12:25 AM   #11

tony_b HB User

That's the same thing I said 14 days after using! Good luck Laura and I hope you make it

Old 07-05-2005, 08:51 AM   #12
(male)

NoMore4Me HB User

Laura, you heard this a million times "take it one day at a time", there is so much truth to this quote, beleive in yourself and keep up the fight, fight like hell because your worth it

NoMore4Me

Old 07-05-2005, 02:17 PM   #13
(female)

sarah_support HB User

I am new to this board and wanted to post because I am too trying to get off these damn vicodin. I found a shady doc a few months ago and my addiction has escalated dramatically. Not only was I taking vicodin off the streets, but also was being prescribed 70 Norco 10/325 mg a month. This is my fourth time trying to quit and now I have more access to the crap than I have ever had before. Damn these things! I am a 27 year old recently separated single Mom. I have a new full time job, new townhouse, and a beautiful 2 year old girl... and when you think your life is getting back on track...the vicodin always f**** it up. Even though we think that we are happier on them, they are really making us more depressed. So I have 2 other friends that are addicted and we attempted to quit together, so last Thurs I took my last pill. The withdrawals started at work on Friday and were unbearable. Nobody will ever understand how bad withdrawals are unless they have been through them. My friends and I went 2 days without them...then... my one had access to some methadone. She took it, and said that she felt normal with no withdrawals, so instead of staying off the painkillers like we should have... my other friend and I got back on them, like fools, in hopes that we could get some methadone too. Well, we ended up getting some and I took my last pill last night, and I was sweating all day today knowing that I was going to take this thing, freaking out all day. I have researched a lot on it and know that if you use it for the withdrawals only and a low dosage that it will work. It has now kicked in and I feel like I can go on with my normal day, no withdrawals...this pill is a miracle. I am planning on taking it for 4 or 5 days and that's it, just until those unbearable withdrawals go away. Please if anybody has ever taken this stuff or you're going through withdrawals and would like to talk on the phone or IM for support I would be more than willing to do so. Please reply if interested.

Old 07-05-2005, 02:21 PM   #14
(female)

sarah_support HB User

Laura I think that I just told my story replying to you ...by mistake, so I wanted to reply to you and tell you that 14 days is awesome and just hang in there. You have done it this long, please don't stop now. The worst of the withdrawals are almost over...Good luck. If you would like to talk or IM please let me know.

Sarah

Old 07-05-2005, 08:23 PM   #15
(female)

laurausesntexas HB User

Well I am now 19 days clean and feeling great!! The cramps are gone, I am sleeping better now. I have energy and feeling good. I spent the past few days really busy. I spent all day today running errands, applying for jobs etc etc and feel great. I am hoping to have a job by the end of the week. Please everyone hang in there...it does get better. I can't belive I made it..but just wished I had done it in March when my husband gave me the ultimatum. Now the depression is setting in because I still have this legal matter, no job, no home, no husband, no vehicle and no money. But...i'm gonna make it. God is on my side and I have people praying for me.

Closed Thread