It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2005, 11:52 AM   #1
(female)

togomo HB User
Unhappy I just took Morphine while on Suboxone....

Somebody Help! Just Screwed up BIG TIME!
I've been using Suboxone for five days. I must admit, it worked better than I ever thought it could (and the money I'm saving is amazing!) Now I don't have to wait on tables and think, "Hmm, a five-spot, that'll get me a 10 milligram!"
However, I keep wanting to "chase that high" even when I don't really need it. Last night at work, a customer was going on about these "pain pills" she had and said that SHE coldn't work a job like that (one of those glamorous ones, waiting tables at the exclusive "Waffle House") without taking SOMEthing. So of course I asked what she was peddling, and found she was selling 30mg morphine tablets. I bought three (for no reason at all, except it seemed like a bargain.)
And this morning the twins (15, girls) were such - [can't say it here, but anyone with teenagers can fill in the blank!] that I took 60mgs of the morphine. My last suboxone as at about 6:00 last night.
Can anyone tell me what's going to happen to me? Now I'm scared to death!
I'd like to say a word about Suboxone. I had the bottle for over a week without using it. Well, I DID use it, for a paperweight, something to shake to make my neice go to sleep, and marvel at the pleasing orange color. But to put it under my tongue and thus knock out any chances of being high for like a week? Oh no, not for me!
Then Andrew wanted to go to see "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and I'd just had a few days off and couldn't afford any oxys. I knew I had to do something to feel better, so up went the tongue and (why does that sound so perverted?) and under went the 8mg tablet.
I had that energy I'd been whining about, and I didn't feel that terrible "God I gotta have an oxy or I'll die right here" feeling. I found that the movie didn't suck, so I took a plunge and went to work the next day, a 10-hour shift, with just the suboxone. And it went fine, it really did. In fact, I didn't worry so much about things - like, "Will I get off in time to go see my dealer" and "How many oxys will these tips buy?" I came home with about $45 bucks and change (hey, I never said I was a GOOD waitress!) and except for cigarettes and gas, it was all mine. I used to count the change to turn into bills (thus affording, many times, another oxy) and this time I just put it all in a big Big Bird bank I keep on my nightstand (did I tell you I use the same decorator as Donald Duck?) (I was planning put Donald "Trump" there but "duck" sounded so much funnier! - and when you think about it, there ARE similarities!) I didn't even count the change. I'm figuring that when it's full it will hold about a hundred bucks or more (for it's a sizeable duck.)
For those of you who are so very busy chasing that high, please don't be afraid of taking the suboxone or subutex. It really does work! It tastes kinda like dried out Tang (something we're all familiar with, or is it just me?) And the energy we all enjoyed when the hydros and oxys kicked in is still there! I cleaned my room (well, part of it) and actually made a batch of brownies that the kids were allowed to eat! All in all, the sub is a blessing to me and I'm betting anyone who's afraid to try it will be pleasantly surprised.
Taking the Morphine made me realize that it will take longer than one week to stop craving the opiates - or stop wanting to - you know, make deals for them, that kind of thing. This stuff really does work. And when they say you don't get "high", don't let that stop you. Because I beleive it IS a high when you can wake up in the morning and not use the number of drugs you have left to decide whether or not you'll get out of bed or not. And it IS a high to see that extra money and know it's not going into the hands of some sleaze who can't wait for more addicts to come along. And it's quite a high when I can sit down and write a post and not have to struggle to think of the words best used to describe my feelings (in fact, I've so much energy I'm typing with my nose!)
Well, I wanted to keep those of you up who kept ME up when I was on my first days of withdrawal with no help at all. Okay, so I'm not really typing with my nose, but I swear I used to use my toe to scroll down to read the next post, for I hadn't the energy to scoot up and use my hands, and that's no joke! My daughter laughed her arse off to see me doing that. (I made up some crap about improving my dexterity and she bought it.) Caught her on her own computer once using her toe, too, and nodded wisely to her then left her room and busted out laughing.
Hey, can anyone tell me what that morphine's gonna do to me? My guess is absolutely nothing, but I'd like your input, since I have to go to work in about an hour and a half (imagining myself turning purple like that girl in Wonkaland and having the oompa-loompas rolling me out through the syrup-saturated floor.)
Thanks for you, all of you. Your help has been immense and your candor has been truly inspiring.
And, as I like to say, in the words of little Tim, "God Bless us, every one!"
Sorry for such a short post, but man, do I need an answer fast!
Your Friend,
Tonnie

Last edited by togomo; 08-02-2005 at 01:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2005, 04:22 PM   #2
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User
Re: I just took Morphine while on Suboxone....

Tonnie -

So glad that you posted...I had just asked my sister today "what ever happened to that woman on the oxys, who wrote so well? She just disappeared!" And....what happens...I come on-line for a quick check before dinner...and there you ARE! :-)

First of all--you're right--the morphine will probably do absolutely nothing. But you might want to check with your doctor or the Web to make sure. I think we've ALL had a similar situation, after just starting Sub, when we just HAD to satisfy our curiosity--and make absolutely certain--once and for all--that we could NOT get high--no matter how hard we tried! LOLOL! None of us takes the doctors' word for it! :-)

Secondly, I know how hard it is to actually START those Subs (committing to "no highs")--so congratulations on taking that step (I'm on Subutex)! I knew you would be surprised at how quickly you "morph" from wild-eyed drug addict....to sane and normal! You suddenly think "oh, ****...this is the real thing--I don't NEED the oxys"! Everything you wrote, I experienced (although I didn't get my energy back for awhile, as I was too distraught dealing with reality of no highs in my future!). But Sub is the most wonderful tool for getting us back on track.

The thing is....for awhile you WILL need to adjust psychologically to a world without highs and lows. It's very much a "mental" thing, accepting that you will not feel surges of "good" on demand. But, believe me...that does pass....and your life will be so much better. And one morning, you will wake up, and it will hit you...."I really, really don't need an oxy....I'm okay!" And THAT'S going to be a high, in itself! :-)

I do hope you have someone you can share this "changeover" period with--it helps so much to discuss these new, confusing thoughts. But...if you don't....just stick to the Board here...and talk to us! :-)

I'm really so very happy you took the "plunge".

Have to run, now. Take care, Lynn :-)

Old 08-02-2005, 04:23 PM   #3
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User

Tonnie -

SO glad that you posted...I had just asked my sister today "what ever happened to that poor woman on the oxys, who wrote so well? She just disappeared!" And....what happens...I come on-line for a quick check before dinner...and there you ARE! :-)

First of all--you're right--the morphine will probably do absolutely nothing. But you might want to check with your doctor or the Web to make sure. I think we've ALL had a similar situation, after just starting Sub, when we just HAD to satisfy our curiosity--and make absolutely certain--once and for all--that we could NOT get high--no matter how hard we tried! LOLOL! None of us takes the doctors' word for it! :-)

Secondly, I know how hard it is to actually START those Subs (committing to "no highs")--so congratulations on taking that step (I'm on Subutex)! I knew you would be surprised at how quickly you "morph" from wild-eyed drug addict....to sane and normal! You suddenly think "oh, ****...this is the real thing--I don't NEED the oxys"! Everything you wrote, I experienced (although I didn't get my energy back for awhile, as I was too distraught dealing with reality of no highs in my future!). But Sub is the most wonderful tool for getting us back on track.

The thing is....for awhile you WILL need to adjust psychologically to a world without highs and lows. It's very much a "mental" thing, accepting that you will not feel surges of "good" on demand. But, believe me...that does pass....and your life will be so much better. And one morning, you will wake up, and it will hit you...."I really, really don't need an oxy....I'm okay!" And THAT'S going to be a high, in itself! :-)

I do hope you have someone you can share this "changeover" period with--it helps so much to discuss these new, confusing thoughts. But...if you don't....just stick to the Board here...and talk to us! :-)

I'm really so very happy you took the "plunge".

Have to run, now. Take care, Lynn :-)

Old 08-02-2005, 04:29 PM   #4
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User

PS - I'm just thinking--I take Subutex--not Suboxone. So...please do check about the combination of it with the morphine. I do believe it's okay....but I'd hate to say this definitively, without knowing for certain. If you do feel ill in any way--don't take my word--call your doctor! Hope you hear from some Sub. experts, here. Lynn

Old 08-02-2005, 07:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

you might feel a little tinkle but will not get the buzz you want.just wasted your money so as long as you have the sub go ahead and enjoy life as much as possible.-spark

Old 08-02-2005, 07:22 PM   #6
(female)

brandiobion HB User

it will feel like a hydro the first couple of times u take it

Old 08-02-2005, 07:25 PM   #7
(female)

brandiobion HB User

u will get the buzz u are looking for if you took enuogh

Old 08-02-2005, 07:39 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

sorry but if she feels anything it will be very little.8mgs of suboxone is 3or4 times as strong as 60mg of morphine.if memory serves,a 2mg suboxone pill is equal to 60mg of morphine but not 100% sure but it is real close.suboxone is 30times stronger than morphine and 100 times stronger than talwin.-spark

Closed Thread