It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2005, 11:53 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

sk777 HB User
Anyone Have Experience w/ Toradol? (Ketorolac)

I posted this on PM site but the only response I got was from someone I think was mixing it up with tramadol (Ultram). I know a lot of you are here because of chronic pain issues, me, too, so maybe someone here has info.

Here's what I posted on PM:

I have chronic back pain/sciatica from ddd L4-S1. Tramadol gives me migraines and I can't take opiates (recovering addict). Today I got a toradol (ketorolac) injection and after much begging and pleading, got them to give me some pills to take home (you'd have thought I was asking for oxycontin!). They work great!!!! A bit of a stomachache but nothing too major.

I know that you aren't supposed to take them for more than 5 days, but I'm wondering how often you can take them? I mean if I take them for 5 days and stop, when can I take another 5-day course? Do I need to wait a week? A month? That's it for the rest of my life?!

Old 08-07-2005, 02:52 PM   #2
(male)

AddictedtoNorco HB User
Re: Anyone Have Experience w/ Toradol? (Ketorolac)

I got a shot of toradol once when I had a 105 fever, and it did wonders. Don't know much about taking it regularly, but from your posting it sounds like the opiate demon in your head just got a little taste of what it likes (though it may not be opiate - the buzz/pain relief you liked).

I mean no offense, but be careful. I am hooked on pain pills and dont think it would matter what kind I had, just so long as it got rid of the pain (1), and gave me a buzz (2).

Tread cautiously

Last edited by AddictedtoNorco; 08-07-2005 at 02:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2005, 07:22 PM   #3
Inactive

herbal HB User

Ketorolac or ketorolac tromethamine (marketed as Toradol) is an NSAID.
There is no opiate acitvity in this drug at all.

Old 08-07-2005, 08:21 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

sk777 HB User

Okay, just to clarify, toradol is an NSAID, imagine it's like taking 1000 advil at once. No opiate, no high, no addiction.

The problem is that if you take it for more than a few days, you can bleed out and/or kill your kidneys. (Worst case scenario)

This has been an amazing drug for me, but I know I can only take it for a few days. I'm wondering though, once I do that max 5 days, when has my body recovered enough to take it again if need be? I keep reading no more than five days but nothing like, no more than 5 days in a 30 day period, or no more than 5 days in a 6-month period... Anybody have an answer to this?

Old 08-07-2005, 09:23 PM   #5
(male)

Catholic_dad HB User

Good drug for kidney stones and I believe it has a mild sedative. It was the only thing that stopped the pain with kidney stones. They do not seem to work as well if taken orally. 1000 mg motrin seemed to work well when taken orally.

Andrew

Closed Thread