It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User
new on this board...... need advice!!!!

I'm sorry for everyone going through recovery right now and tring to straighten out there life, i was at that point a couple of years ago but i steered myself away....... Only now there is a differant one and now i can't say that I'm not addicted....... Diet pills is the culprit and the energy is what i need and live for...... i hope you guys don't look at this post and turn away..... cause i know that what almost everyone here is thrieving for is what i am also...... every since i was 15 or 16 it all started(22now) diet pills, sleeping pills, laxatives, and the occasional mary jane was my choice...... then graduating day the worst found me (all that you know) when my father found out when i was almost 21, was when i knew i couldn't live like that knowing that i disrespected my father, the man that taught me better........ anyway i haven't been able to say that i wasn't addicted since pregnency...... i guess i knew i couldn't live with myself if there was anything differant...... what i am writing for is to get your opinion on how things are for me now....... I am on lithium, wellbutrin, and klonopin for bipolar and anxiety...... sometimes i take a klonopin when i really don't need it.... klonopin isn't the problem here it's the urge to lose the extra weight and the need to get off the couch......

I only take 1 diet pill a day but that only stands with the current pill.... which i don't like but take anyway....... i have tried to quit but just can't seem to get past the way my house looks after 2 days of not taking them and being bipolar this certain diet pill makes me very manic and very irratable........ i just want to know if you think that one diet pill is bad or if i could save my breath from saying that im addicted..... thanks for help *JESSI*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2005, 07:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Felicia65 HB User
Re: new on this board...... need advice!!!!

Jessi, Hello I think that a person can become addicted to any thing, any time you take anything just for the kick, or the way it makes you feel, and not really that you need it except that. I would say there is a problem..... My self I drank Diet coke I have for years a 12 pack last me two days, so I guess I am addicted to diet coke, I smoke cigg, sometimes a pack and a half a day I know I am addicted to them, Addiction can come in all forms, IF you feel in your heart you have a problem with the diet pills then I would have too say yes, So you have to make up your mind to stop and just stick to it as hard as It may seem, Felicia

Old 09-16-2005, 01:43 AM   #3
(female)

wut2do HB User

I'd have to agree with Felecia, if you consider something to be a problem...then yes its a problem. Addicted or not, if you feel bad about something you are doing, then you generally shouldnt do it..lol i know it sounds funny, but some things are really very simple. If you are concerned about losing weight and having energy, try taking walks or going to the gym, you'll find the more active you are the more energy you have...
good luck

Old 09-16-2005, 06:24 AM   #4
(female)

keepongrowing HB User

Hi-
Just wanted to respond to your post, recovering addict who also happens to be a shrink. Yes it is probably not the best that you are taking diet pills, amphetamines and mood disorders do not mix well. Not only are you risking addiction but you are messing with your biochemistry. The lithium is making the weight difficult to lose. Have you talked with your doctor about this...it's a common problem that might have some options. I think the best thing I can suggest is have a very good psychiatrist who specializes in Bipolar Disorder, they also need to know you have been taking diet pills. Also what's up with the Klonipin? That addicting also and not typically prescribed for your situation. Anyway, hope you have some good resources in your life, reach out to them. Good luck.

Closed Thread

« To Snowdog | Paw »