It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2005, 11:45 AM   #1
(female)

loreligaff HB User
Recovering addict or recovered addict?

My whole thinking has recently changed regarding addiction status. My original clean date from cocaine, heroine, crack, acid, speed, meth, etc. was 11/13/89 with a few set backs through the years. I don't keep track of all the dates and honestly I have just focused my attention on picking myself up and moving on after a set back. As far as everyone was concerned 11/13/89 was my bottom and I had my life changing experience and I have been great ever since. They all don't know how I have battled cravings over the years or how sometimes a smell or place or people will bring the memories flooding back and it is a battle to move past it. When I got clean I became a nurse and then moved around within the medical field. I completely obsesed myself with my work and the thought of drugs was so far away (for the minute). Cravings are always there - somewhere lurking - and over time I could ignore them. Well I have left my career with the hospital and had been looking to continue my education within the diet and nutrition industry. I stumbled across the nutrition side of it and got a huge awakening that I was never expecting. Nursing school nutrition classes were weak and did not cover near what myself and everyone else needs to know about what our bodies need to be healthy. I began taking a supplement to renourish my body of vit, min, antiox, phyto, etc.. As my cells began to detoxify some strange things began to happen. First 2 weeks - weight loss, slight deminish to arthritis, natural energy. Third week - became nauseous and dizzy after taking supplement. I was very concerned that I wouldn't be able to continue with supplement so I read up on the healing process. It talks about disease being a ladder with health at the bottom and as we go through life we move up the ladder. When we go back toward health we have to reexperience some of the symptoms of that step to move downward. That made sense to me so I forged through the nausea and I found myself reborn - crazy word but it is all I can say to describe this. I have no cravings for any type of drugs. I have no memory of any drugs. I can honestly say I could sit in a room with people smoking crack with no chance of relapse - pretty gutsy but that is how I feel. Strong and healthy and free from everything that was holding me back. I canít fully explain why the drug craving left me but I have a couple different theories. Maybe there was something (maybe a mineral or chemical component) I at one time found in the drugs (crack, cocaine, acid, heroine, speed, etc.) that I couldnít get anywhere else. Maybe my mind filed it away in its library that I might need that thing one day and I always new that it was still deep in my body somewhere. Another theory is a portion of the drug was stored away in my cells. All that I do know for sure is that when I began supplementing with this product it all left me. I am not trying to endorse any product but I have to tell all what has saved me from a life of feeling as if I have a secret that can never get out. I not only donít crave drugs, I feel as if I have never done a drug in my life. The memory has been wiped away. I have been transported back to a place in my life where I was carefree and happy. For all these years I did not know how recovering addicts could work within this field but this is the only answer for me. I donít know if my body received the missing nutrient that these drugs held or maybe during my nausea period that was actually my cells purging this hidden component from my drug days so many years ago or even further maybe I had a chemical imbalance within my brain that was balanced. I donít have the answer to the why but I do know it worked for me. I am now working towards my Doctorate in nutrition and holistic medicine. I wish the best to all my sisters and brothers out there fighting the good battle. I hope my words might help someone find the way to actually being recovered.
God Bless All.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2005, 12:16 PM   #2
(female)

wut2do HB User
Re: Recovering addict or recovered addict?

I think that is great. I can relate being clean, but not feeling clean. I have heard of drugs lurking in out blood streams..maybe you're on to something....
regardless. im very happy for you and all the best for the future...cheers
kris

Closed Thread