It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #1
(female)

I'mtired HB User
30 days after crystal meth/ice/ crank

I was in a 28 day rehab for meth. I posted here many months ago bacjk when I thought I could quit on my own. Unfortunately I was wrong...........
I went to NA or AA meetings everyday that I was there at the rehab. Now that Im back in civilization I feel so much better about fighting cravings and boredom and glamourizing the drug. N E body has any advice? Any other meth addicts out there?

Old 10-18-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeginAgain HB User
Re: 30 days after crystal meth/ice/ crank

Hi and welcome to the boards. I did not have a crack addiction but I know that it is supposed to be the hardest addiction to beat mentally and emotionally. Look for posts by Arememom. I believe you might find some insight there that will be helpful to you. And I'm sure you'll hear from her anyway. She is a very nice lady with alot of encouraging things to say and alot of wisdom.
The best advice I can give from an addicts standpoint is stay heavily involved in NA. Find some people in the program that have some clean time and hang on to their coat tails. Follow them everywhere..talk the talk until you can walk the walk. Read the NA basic text and stay focused on staying clean no matter what it takes. This can often mean completely changing your life. Staying out of the "old neighborhood" and away from friends who still use will be imperative to survival.
I don't know your situation, but there are alot of halfway houses out there for addicts. For a weekly amount you get room and board, food, group therapy, are required to make meetings and you are surrounded by other recovering people. It may not be an option for you..just something to keep in mind. The idea is to re-learn life skills in a safe & nurturing environment.
That's my two cents, but keeping involved in NA can make a difference in staying clean and off the streets.
Best Wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2005, 12:54 AM   #3
(male)

feversandpain HB User

Methamphetamine sucks majorly. When I was 16-17 I became addicted to it and did it for a long time. I overdosed plenty of times until one night, I took 15 pills of high quality ecstacy, and smoked a a dime bag stuffed full of meth, like it was breaking at the seams with meth. This ecstacy was high quality, 1/2 a pill would get an occasional user toasted, so I had indeed taken very many pills.

Long story short, I never felt the same again. I now suffer from many health problems including a rare blood disorder, unstoppable internal bleeding in my intestines, daily fevers that never go down, exhaustion,fatigue, mental stupor and confusion, numbness, tingling. And a whole bunch of nasty symptoms. I was 16-17 when I went on this year+ long binge of methamphetamine and ecstacy and I am now 20 years old. I still have not recovered and I suffer everyday, all day long. Fevers never go away, confusion is crippling, the fatigue is so bad that I cannot stay awake for more than 3 hours. I am not depressed though, which is good, but I suffer so much that my life is a living hell. I would really advise you to stop. You think all this would never happen to you but trust me, it can happen to you. Now i cannot work or go to school, I cannot go out with friends, i am too weak to go to the store with my mom, I am just very ill and end up in the hospital monthly and see a whole team of doctors. Whether these problems are attributed to the drug use I am not sure. But all I can be sure of is that meth sucks goat balls and kills your ****ing brain. Amphetamines of all types including adderall, dexedrine, ecstacy ruin your brain and give you long lasting psychosis and health problems. Cocaine does the same. So do me a favor and stay away from this ****. If one person stays away from that crap because of what happened to me, then I have accomplished something great. Good luck my friend. It will really kill you. I mean that when I say it. I'm not anti-drug. I'm just anti-methamphetamine, cocaine, ecstacy in general. I have no problem with drugs that dont destroy your brain and body. Street drugs are trash and do not belong in your body or anyone elses.

Old 10-19-2005, 01:04 AM   #4
(female)

GinaMia HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mtired
N E body has any advice? Any other meth addicts out there?

Yup, it almost took my life. Advice? Never go back! See BeginAgain's post. Congrats on your recovery.

Last edited by GinaMia; 10-19-2005 at 01:05 AM.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:26 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Arememom HB User

Hey I'mtired, and thank BeginAgain,

Since you've been to the NA meetings then you know the drill. I'm 62 days clean from heavy, heavy crac use. It doesn't matter how you got clean, cold turkey, rehab., tapering, etc. The good news is that you took that step to regain some control over your life and addiction. As you also have learned in NA, we addicts can't control sh.., especially our stinkin thinkin when it comes to drug use. If you got a sponsor in NA, I encourage you to call him/her everyday. Just to say hi. That is a hard thing for me to do on good days. But I'm doing it. I will do whatever my sponsor sayes, because so far it has worked well for millions (AA/NA/CA) members. As BeginAgain said, please read my post,
"Are There Any Crack Addicts Out There Like Me?". It tells of my descent into pure hell. Meth and Crack are two of the most horrendous drugs I've ever heard of (not belittling pills/pot/alcohol). All addictions are horrible. They make us want to die. And for those of us, who can't stop we will either end up in prison or death will get us. But before we die that horrible death, we will endure absolute hell on this earth. I'm living my recovery one day at a time now. There was a time (and I'm sure will be again) that I have to live it one minute at a time when the cravings show their ugly face. We must be prepared. Build your wall of support. It can be many things NA, CA, AA, message boards, family, non-using friends, books, sponsor... What ever it takes to stay clean. When you get that terrible urge, pull a brick from that wall and use it. Better to use that brick than use drugs. I will add you to my very long list of fellow addicts/families/friends that I pray for each day. And I look forward to seeing you post in good and bad times.

Old 11-08-2005, 12:52 PM   #6
(female)

KAOSAZURE HB User
Lightbulb Re: 30 days after crystal meth/ice/ crank

I WAS A METH USER FOR 15 YEARS AND IM ONLY 29. LAST FEBUARY ME AND MY HUSBAND MOVED FROM AZ TO MICHIGAN BECAUSE I WAS PREG. AGAIN AND WE LOST OUR LAST 2 TO THE STATE AND DIDNT WANT TO LOOSE THIS ONE TOO. WE LEFT WITH A SUITCASE A PIECE. ANYWAYS WE ARE SOBER AND THE STATE TOOK OUR DAUGHTER ANYWAY BUT WERE WORKING HARD TO GET HER BACK. AND BEING SOBER IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN DO THAT. TO STAY CLEAN TOOK US MOVING 3000 MILES AWAY. WHERE WE DONT KNOW ANYBODY AND STILL DONT. I STILL STRUGGLE NOW AND THEN. I GET FLASH BACKS NOW AND THEN. AND STILL HAVE A HARD TIME ACCEPTING THE STUPID MISTAKES IV MADE AND BEEN THROUGH. BUT WE HAVE SO MUCH MORE THAN WE EVER DREAMED. AND IT TOOK GETTING CLEAN TO GET WHERE WE ARE AT. YOUR NOT ALONE YOUR NEVER WERE. ITS NEVER EASY AT FIRST. THE CRAVINGS SUCK I KNOW. I STILL HAVE DREAMS OF GETTING HIGH. BUT I REMIND MYSELF WHAT I HAVE TO LOOSE. MY ADVICE RELOCATE AS FAR FROM WHERE YOU LIVE TO WHERE YOU KNOW NOBODY BUT ONE PERSON MAYBE TO HELP YOU. IF YOU CANT DO THAT FIND SOMETHING YOU WANT NEED OR CARE ABOUT MORE THAN ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN ONLY HAVE IF YOUR SOBER AND HOLD ONTO IT AND USE IT TO STAY SOBER. AND ONCE YOU GET THAT THINK OF ANOTHER. UNTILL ONE DAY YOU LOOK AROUND AND REALIZE YOU HAVE MORE THAN YOU EVER DREAMED. WELL THATS ALL MY ADVICE FOR YOU. GOOD LUCK.

Closed Thread