It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2005, 10:56 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

TCHRIS HB User
I Need Some Info Quick.....please Please

Please if anyone can help or give me there experience on this...my fiance just detoxed down to a very low dose of OC and is now on something that is talked about on this board and doing real good, only small cravings later in the pm,when he is almost asleep, he gets these jerks, where his legs just pop up and his body jerks..and it scares the heck out of him, I have been up detoxing the past week and I have kept my eye on him and whqat he tells me is he feels like he stops breathing, does the body jerk thing, its NOT restless legs, his detox is done, but it is scary, it just happened, he had just fell asleep and his whole body kinda jerked he called my name and he says it always feels like he cant catch his breath, but I know he is because I am sitting right here, has anyone else had this post detoxing, someone told me it had a name, like when you take a lot of opiates, it does supress your breathing and it has something to do with fight or flight, like your body does not understand if it is dying or just going into a deep sleep.has this happened to anyone else, when using or after they have detoxed or gone on some kind of Meth or Sub...........thanks guys, you are the best

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2005, 06:52 AM   #2
Inactive

zandy HB User
Re: I Need Some Info Quick.....please Please

Not to scare you, but it sounds like a seizure to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2005, 09:42 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

mpvt HB User

No need to worry these are myloclonic jerks and are very common when using narcotics........Dave

Old 10-23-2005, 10:35 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

TCHRIS HB User

MPVT......thanks for the info, thats the name.......I ( - - removed - - ) know what a seizure looks like and what he does looks nothing like a seizure, but MPVT that was t he word I had been told a few months ago, but after titrating down with detoxing so the mind is running a bit slow right now, thanks for all the info, I get more on here then any DR or prof place, you have any other info about this jerk.....once again, thanks, you guys are the best

Last edited by moderator2; 10-23-2005 at 10:49 AM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules

Closed Thread