It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2005, 02:52 PM   #1
(female)

shannon68 HB User
Cool staying true for the first time

Hi, my name is Shannon, I don't post alot on here but always read and keep up on progress and downfalls. I have figured without downfalls the progressions would not be so sweet. I personally have been clean for about 4 mths from loratabs. I do miss them in the pocket of my pants before I leave the house but hate the feeling of running low and feeling depressed and making phone calls I don't want to make. I just want to thank each and every one of you on here, every word written has given me inspiration to go on. Cold turkey is not nice but this time god was good to me, I just walked through it from 20-30 tabs a day, someone had to be there taking the brunt this time and it was not me. I am not taking this for granted and going back because this time was so easy, I just think I had alot of help from up above and did not convince myself that this was going to be hell this time.....I just wanted to say thankyou so much for your unknowing support. There is alot of love on this board and if in any way I can help someone please let me know.
Love,
Shannon

Old 11-04-2005, 06:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeginAgain HB User
Re: staying true for the first time

Hi Shannon. Congratulations on your recovery. Four months is really awesome. Of course you can help...we all need each other. Your experience, stregnth and hope is welcome any time you feel inspired to jump in and share. If you want to share your story we'd love to hear it. You never know when your story will be just what someone else needs...how you became addicted, how long you used, what brought you to the decision to get clean and take your life back and how do you maintain your recovery.

We can all learn from and support one another. We need all the help we can get around here. Pat yourself on the back...you've done something wonderful for yourself. Isn't life so much sweeter without chasing that little amber bottle? I know it is for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2005, 07:58 PM   #3
Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User

How Wonderful !!!

You should be so proud of yourself. 4 months !!

Hip Hip Horray!!!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Arememom HB User

Congratulations!!!!

Keep up the fight right along with us.

Closed Thread