It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2005, 03:55 PM   #1

LonelyTraveler HB User
Red face Low-grade fever the day after drinking a fifth of gin?

Hi

I sure hope someone here can help shed some light on what is going on with me here and wether or not it is normal. I am very scared and desparate for an answer.

Ok, I usually drink anywhere from a few beers to maybe a 6-pack but yesterday I got a bit carried away and consumed an entire fifth of gin over the course of the evening which I mixed with lemon-lime soda. I finally "passed out" on the living room floor and later woke up and fell asleep on the bedroom floor.

When I woke up this morning I was very hungover and "out of it". It felt like I had just gotten over the flu or something because the alcohol had apparently really taken a toll on my system. I had creamy diarrhea that almost looked like bile because it had the same color and consistancy of used motor oil (sort of a dark olive-green). I staggered around all day trying to get things done but it was slow going because I felt sick and "fluey" from all the alcohol I had consumed the evening before. My stomach burned and I just felt really yucky.

Then, after I'd eaten dinner, I felt even more "fluey" and so I decided to take my temperature and was alarmed to see that it was 99.7. My temperature does tend to fluctuate but given the fact that I felt pretty hungover and sick and that my temperature was elevated, I became concerned and began to wonder if consuming a fifth of gin and then not drinking anything at all the next day could lead to a low-grade fever like this. I am also wondering if drinking alcohol can lead to diarrhea.

Does anyone here have any knowledge or experience with this?.

Thank's again - LT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2005, 05:17 PM   #2
(female)

Overcomer32 HB User
Re: Low-grade fever the day after drinking a fifth of gin?

Yes, drinking alcohol can lead to diarrhea. Especially if consumed on an empty stomach, but it can give you diarrhea whether youve eaten or not. Please try not to worry so much about this.

As for the fever... Im not sure but I wouldnt worry about it. Drinking kills your body and weakens your immune system. If your bod was trying to fight off an infection or anything else, I would think all the alcohol you consumed kinda shut things down for a spell... Im just guessing here though.

My advice? Please stop drinking! Nothing good will EVER come of it and it will just make u sick, mentally, physically and spiritually.

Peace,

Overcomer32

Old 12-16-2005, 05:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Low-grade fever the day after drinking a fifth of gin?

everyones temp actually fuctuates thru out any given day.I am sure this was only co incidental.and yes,alcohol will definitely cause you to have a somewhat "acidic" type of diarrhia.the thing that concerns me is how often are you actually 'drinking" any sort of alcohol?also,just so you know,gin IS THE most hardest on your system and your liver,when compared to other types of alcohol.not sure just why this is,but it is.you sound as though this was all just a really bad hangover.if you are drinking quite often you really need to take a look at this.you could be going down a bad road here.good luck,marcia

Closed Thread