It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2005, 05:00 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ClaraBo HB User
What to do for the "chills" ?? Immodium ??

I'm on day 6 and doing well. Lots of supps and vitamins and all that good stuff. Have the ability to rest when I want, etc. The hardest part right now is that the "chills" won't stop. It's not even like being cold. It's just so uncomfortable and so weird. I tried the Immodium AD (took 4), but that didn't do much good. Anybody recommend taking a bigger dose of Immodium to help the w/d? Has anyone actually had good success with it reducing the "chills". Any help much appreciated.

Old 12-21-2005, 04:58 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ClaraBo HB User
Re: What to do for the "chills" ?? Immodium ??

I would really appreciate it if anyone who has had success with Immodium let me know if they found that it eases the w/d because of the not crossing the brain barrier opiate argument.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2005, 05:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

slipperyslope HB User

Hot baths will really help with those chills. you will feel so much better afterwards. if your not a bath person, a nice warm shower will also be super relaxing for you and helpful.

I had chills for weeks, its part of the W/D process and it will pass Iknow it sucks . Motrin works well as does Advil or tylenol for the body aches and should also help with those chills I to was freezing all the time and had goose bumps.

I don't know much about immodium but that it helps with the runs.

good luck your doing great....

Old 12-21-2005, 10:17 AM   #4
(male)

AddictedtoNorco HB User

Try Valerian, it is herbal valium. That and a hot bath can do wonders for this process.

Have you been taking L-Tryosine? It helps block the opiate receptors and elevates your mood and energy levels.

Wishing you the best...

Old 12-21-2005, 05:06 PM   #5

LPierce HB User

My doctor told me:
Take lots of hot baths or motrin for the aches (no more tylenol if its the pain pills you are coming off of because you dont want to cause more damage to your organs)

Sleeping pills (Precription if you have them, Valerian Root is also good, or try Unisom)

Centrum or Prenatal Vitamins

Extra Potassium will also help your muscle aches.

Immodium or Lomotil for diahrrea (thats the only thing immodium is good for)

If you develope a cough its because the Hydrocodone is a cough suppressant (sometimes I would cough so bad I would vomit)

Phenergan (promethazine) helps too, but it knocks me out. Its for nausea

Lots of fluids. Lots of sleep The worst of it is over within a week depending...

Old 12-22-2005, 06:53 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User

Just a helpful hint... Benedryl is the same medication that is in Unisom and it will help you sleep. I only suggest it over the Unisom because you can normally find a "store" brand of benedryl at most grocery or drug stores for a lot cheaper than Unisom is. Good Luck!

Old 12-22-2005, 09:29 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

Immodium is good for diarrhea. If you are having that problem also the pills I have found do not work for me. The liquid Immodium works the best.

For the chills a hot bath. Also a heating blanket or throw. I did not have time to read all of the other posts so if I am repeating sorry. Ibuprofen relaxes me so if the chills are making you really uncomfortable that might help.

Old 12-23-2005, 09:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

yes take about 6 immod. ad and see if that helps with the w/d.if not take another and see if it helps.if not take another and go like that.it should help with all the w/ds not just the runs as most people think.good luck-spark

Closed Thread