It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2006, 11:09 AM   #1
(male)

bshea HB User
19/M Detoxed from OXYCONTIN, CAVED IN ALREADY

i detoxed from oxycontin addiction, yesterday was my last day on suboxone.... and the say after that, which is today i already ****ed up and CAVED right back into it again..., i took one 80mg this morning, felt great, and i kept GETTING MORE, and now i owe 200$ worth of pills ALREADY!!! what have i done!!, does this mean i ruined my whole DETOX and is basicly worthless? if i stop all of this after today, what will i be feeling like the next few days... do you think i already screwed up and gonna have to DETOX AGAIN?? i hope not... i cannot belive how dumb i am...

please give me any support/ advice!!!!

im just a dumb 19 year old who keeps wasting money, and my life away.

Old 02-02-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
(female)

gina042 HB User
Re: 19/M Detoxed from OXYCONTIN, CAVED IN ALREADY

BSHEA: I am trying to quit myself but not with suboxen just by will power. Which is an advantage you have being 19 is great will power. So kick in that will power and stop now and you will be fine. If you keep going then it will be hell and much worse than the first time. Each time gets worse and worse.

Hang in there and keep us informed on how you are doing good or bad we are all here to help!

~Gina~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2006, 11:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

barbaric_yawp HB User

It is SOOOOOOO HARD to quit this dang drug! I empathize with you imensly. I am only on day 37 and am still struggling! Do the best you can, try to get rid of all the temptations around...pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and start again.

Carpe Diem,

B.Y

Old 02-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User

bshea - Don't get so down on yourself! You are not the first person to slip. You haven't ruined everything, just set things back a little. If you only used today it should not be as bad of w/d etc... if you stop using right away. Every day that you use you will be rebuilding your addiction adn then the next tiem you try to quit I have heard that the w/d is always worse the next time around. Why were you only on the sub for a week? You might want to get into a longer sub program than the one you were in. Personally, I feel it was way too soon for you to be taken off the sub. I don't feel that 7 days is anywhere near long enough.

Old 02-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #5
(female)

MYSISSYGIRLS HB User

Hi,
You Definately Do Have Willpower So Please Please Please Dont Give Up.i Am The Mother Of A 23 Year Old Daughter Who Has Lost Everything Even Her Daughter And Home Because Of This Addiction.you Have Just Had A Minor Setback.keep Posting Here , Were All Here For Support.thre Is A Light At The End Of The Tunnel And Your Life Is There Waiting For You To Live It.
Good Luck,
Tami

Old 02-03-2006, 01:24 PM   #6
(male)

bshea HB User

thanks for replys, today i havent taken anything, and im feeling fine, b/c my addiction is gone, but i dont feel great thats for sure.. it may take a few good days for the suboxone and the few oxys i took to leave me, but after that ill be back to normal, today i was craving badlyy, i almost got one, i was so close, but then i just couldnt do it, i know ill be fine without it, only a few more days and it will be easier when its completley gone, except for random cravings,, is a *****, but i just gotta not give in, b/c all it does is lead back to where u know u dont wanna be. im hoping this wkend goes well and i start to feel better,

-bshea

Old 02-03-2006, 05:23 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

toughtime HB User

Hi BShea,

How are you doing? Staying strong? Hang in there.
You can do it!

Debbie

Old 02-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #8
(male)

mparentofaddict HB User

Well,I've heard these words before from my 21 year old daughter.Its such a powerful addiction.I'm currently on percots, a presciption,Solely for pain not a high.Even though sometimes i can talk myself into feeling guilty.A full 24 hours is a miracle.The rest is up to you to ask a power greater than yourself(anyone or anything beside our own ego).Youre young and I can tell you are smart by getting on this network.You will make it clean.How long? Thats up to you and your higher power.Na or AA. Or go somewhere where you can't get it.Hopefully it won't be jail....

Closed Thread