It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2006, 08:43 PM   #1
(female)

pinkeetoz HB User
How long before depence builds on klonopin?

Can I take klonopin for about 2 weeks without depence?

Old 02-25-2006, 08:56 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User
Re: How long before depence builds on klonopin?

Two weeks should be fine however, if you are on high doses that could change. General rule is, taken more then a month would require you to taper in order to avoid withdrawals.

The worse withdrawals I have ever, ever, EVER, had was from benzos so be careful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2006, 09:30 AM   #3
(male)

seymourdw HB User

i had simialiar terrible withdrawl from benzos a few years ago, i was taking 60 to 80 mg valium for a year. I had to taper off also, then felt horrible anxyity for a month. I don't remember it being as bad as oxy withdrawl from a stomach problem issue,.. I do take klonapin occasionaly now, but I will never take it several times a day for more than a few days again. It is best that you use it just PRN or as needed. try not to take it 3x day or so. then you will get addicted and you will suffer.

Old 02-26-2006, 03:55 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by seymourdw
i had simialiar terrible withdrawl from benzos a few years ago, i was taking 60 to 80 mg valium for a year. I had to taper off also, then felt horrible anxyity for a month. I don't remember it being as bad as oxy withdrawl from a stomach problem issue,.. I do take klonapin occasionaly now, but I will never take it several times a day for more than a few days again. It is best that you use it just PRN or as needed. try not to take it 3x day or so. then you will get addicted and you will suffer.
Although I did spend the better part of one day violently puking my guts up coming off of Benzo, I also didn't have as much stomach problems as I did with the Oxy. The Oxy overall however was a breeze compared to the benzo withdrawal and I am dead serious. I would have rather had all the stomach issues with the Oxy then ever, ever, ever, go through benzo withdrawal again. I dang near killed myself going cold turkey off of benzos.

Closed Thread