It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #1
(female)

Jennah HB User
Need some advice!!!

I have been taking hydrocodone,norco,oxycodone, pretty much whatever I was able to get.This has been my life for over 2 yrs.and I hate it!! I wake each day to think about these pills and when will I be back to normal...So today is my 1st day of NO meds. I am pretty scared about what is to come but I know I need to do this for myself and my family who don't even know of my addiction.I would really appreciate someone out there who could offer me advise on the next few days. My daily dose is 10-12 norco per day. So far I only feel chills and alittle achey. I was happy to read of those who have been here and kept up the fight.I guess I view this as a fight to have a normal life back..even thuogh I don't even remember what that feels like!!I have insomnia normally so the sleeplessness part ought to be really fun Please give me some advise soon. Thanks,Jennah

Old 03-10-2006, 10:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Blasterboy HB UserBlasterboy HB User
Re: Need some advice!!!

Have you tried to stop before and have you been to NA before?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2006, 10:19 AM   #3
(female)

Jennah HB User

No to either one. I have never tried to stop and meetings probably wouldn't work during my acute stage of withdrawl,,right??

Old 03-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

well, it's good to have some sort of support, but I've never been through acute opiate withdrawal, I'm a recovered Alcoholic. What I can tell you is that stopping is one thing, staying stopped is another and so that's why I would encourage you to call NA at least. They will send a couple of people around if you ask and they will talk to you and share stories. It might help. The recovery for Alcohol and drugs is the same, we have the 12 step program and the group thing; altogether it saved my life, but I had to make that brave desicion that you've just made 1st of all and then I had to stick with it and for that I needed lots of help.

Best Wishes, it won't be easy, but it will be worth it :-)

Old 03-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #5
(female)

Jennah HB User

Thanks for responding..I really do appreciate it. I guess I could try to find some NA meeting however I do live in a very rural area and I don't expect to find a buch of meetings out here?? Who knows but I will wait till I feel better.How long have u been sober? congratulations on that!! Jennah

Old 03-10-2006, 10:36 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

you'd be amazed how rural meeting can be, they are often in the smallest of towns, especially AA. Often the closest NA person will come and pick you up and take you to a meeting. I've been sober nearly 5 years now, but I don't take it for granted, it's all about living our lives one day at a time, even one minute at a time when things are really rough, remember that!

Old 03-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #7
(female)

Jennah HB User

I will try and look into the meetings thing soon.Thanks,Jennah

Old 03-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #8
(female)

Jennah HB User

Seeking someone who has experienced this problem before. I would like to have some words of wisdom on how to go through this and even what to expect?? Please get back to me. Thanks,Jennah

Old 03-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #9
(female)

funnymermaid HB User

Hey Jenna! I'm on day 10 of cold turkey withdrawal from opiates. You'll find alot of help here, read thru some of the other posts and you can see what to expect. Have you heard of the Thomas Detox Recipe? I used it & some other herbals, they do work!. For me day 4-5 was the worst. I'm "still" getting my energy back, not yet all the way tho. But the "real me" has sure started "smiling" again. I don't even get up 1st thing in the morning and have "think" about running for that pill, that's extremely gratifying. You can do it! I did it with no support except this group and they made all the difference in the world! I'm here for you!

Old 03-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #10
(female)

funnymermaid HB User

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=362651 That's the thread for the detox and what you can expect. Hope this helps some.

Old 03-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #11
(female)

Jennah HB User

Fuzzymermaid...Hi and thanks for answering!! Iam not sure how to get to that thread u descibed about the herbal detox aides?? How great for u to be on day 10!! I'll trade with u?? Were u using the same drugs as me ?? In those quantities too? I am thankful for this forum to get info. and help!! Thanks again,Jennah

Old 03-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #12
(female)

Jennah HB User

funnymermaid]Hey Jenna! I'm on day 10 of cold turkey withdrawal from opiates. You'll find alot of help here, read thru some of the other posts and you can see what to expect. Have you heard of the Thomas Detox Recipe? I used it & some other herbals, they do work!. For me day 4-5 was the worst. I'm "still" getting my energy back, not yet all the way tho. But the "real me" has sure started "smiling" again. I don't even get up 1st thing in the morning and have "think" about running for that pill, that's extremely gratifying. You can do it! I did it with no support except this group and they made all the difference in the world! I'm here for you!

Old 03-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #13
(female)

Jennah HB User

Funnymermaid please give me some advise on how to get through this. Your telling me u were able to go for 10 days so far is great encouragment!!!I guess it has to come from our taming our own will.It keeps flashing in my mind that this is stupid andI should just take the meds and be normal again!!!Thanks for the support.Jennah

Last edited by Jennah; 03-10-2006 at 04:39 PM.

Old 03-10-2006, 04:47 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

Get ready for some discomfort. This is not easy. So don't expext it to be. Getsome immodium and get ready to take 3-4 hot baths a day. Drink lots of liquids so you don't get dehydrated. Have you ever tried to taper? That might help. If I were you I would go see a doctor and tell him/her what you're doing. They could help.

Old 03-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #15
(female)

funnymermaid HB User

Hey Jenna! I thought to when I first came & started reading this board that making it 10 days or more sounded like the "Impossible Dream". It is "Possible"! If I can do it, anyone can. I was so afraid and I thought too that the pills/meth made me feel normal. I now feel more "normal" than I have in a very long time It will be hard at first, expect that. But it's like they told me once you turn "that corner" after ther 4-5 day, it's truly worth all the suffering. I'll tell you what all I took to help. L-Tyrosine with B-6 (you need the B-6 to help absorb the L-tyrosine) this helps to rebuild some of the chemicals in the brain that we've destroyed that help with depression, energy, etc. I take 3000 mgs per day, take on empty stomach as soon as you arise. Valerian Root to help me rest & sleep. St. Johns Wort for depression (it takes 3-4 weeks to get full effect they say, but I'm already feeling it). These things "really" work! Also taking zinc, mutivitamins w/minerals. Lots of water too. If you can get some valium or something close to that for the first few days that helps tremendously! I also had a few muscle relaxers left from another prescription that helped quit a bit. Getting over the "fear" I think was my biggest hurdle. I just asked my 'Higher Power" to hold my hand and "Jumped Of The Cliff"! On a wing and a prayer. You can do it Jenna! I know you can. I'm going to keep checking on here for you. On the top of the page where the "threads" are listed you'll see "Sample Home Detox". That was the link I was trying to show you. Click on it and you can read alot of great info there. I was right there in your shoes Jenna & I'm here for you. So are alot of other great people. Start "visualizing" yourself clean, happy and free of it. You'll feel like a brand new person, I promise!

Closed Thread