It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2006, 10:25 AM   #1
(female)

Cati HB User
Question Ibuprofen addiction??? o_O

hello everyone =)

so like last wednesday I got the flu and I was feeling dizzy and feverish so I took one Brufen (I don't know if that exists outside Portugal but I think in the USA a similar thing is called Advil) containing 400 mg of Ibuprofen and minutes later I was feeling great. but the following day I had an exam and was feeling awful so I took another one and it's been like that until today (sunday). today I wasn't feeling feverish so I decided not to take anything but I started to feel bad. I couldn't tell what, just a general feeling of discomfort. I also felt that I wasn't quite awake. after taking ibuprofen everything cleared out and I felt great. is this thing addictive or am I just being paranoid?

thank you everyone

Old 03-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User
Re: Ibuprofen addiction??? o_O

Ibuprofren is NOT addictive. Especially if you only take it occassionally. So you do NOT have anything to worry about. If you are feeling cruddy it most likely IS due to the fact that you have not taken any ibuprofen but ONLY because you are still feeling the flu symptoms, or headache, etc... it is not being caused by the fact that you are not taking them. It's just that your body has been sick and the ib's have been making you feel better when you take them, which is okay because it is what they are there for. As long as you are following the directions on the bottle you can take ib's EVERY day with NO fear of addiction. They only thing to worry about is that pro-longed use (daily for a LONG period of time, multiple months, etc...) can be somewhat harsh on your stomach. Some people also have sensitive stomach's to medication and can feel a little upset stomach when taking it. But it does not sound like you have that problem.

If the feeling of ickyness continues you may want to see your doctor. IT may be that your flu is getting worse or that you have some type of viral infection that may need anti-biotics, etc...

But nothing to worry about with the pills! You are in the clear with those. So don't worry yourself over it, it is fine to take them!

Good luck!
Tina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User

Tina is spot on. Listen to her as her advice is immeasurable.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:41 AM   #4
(female)

Cati HB User

thanks a lot. I haven't taken any ibuprofen since sunday and I feel just fine. lot's of love+hugs to everyone here!

Closed Thread