It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 01:21 PM   #1
(male)

rontiss1 HB User
I Need Advice..can Anyone Help?

Help! I Am Very Close To My Sister-in-law..we Have Known Each Other For Almost Thirty Years. This Is The Problem. Her Boyfriend, Who I Shall Call "adolf" Is Addicted To Vicodin. She Tells Her Mother And My Wife That She Orders This Medication For Adolf Over The Internet. She Pays $100.00 For 96 Tablets. She Says That She Feels Embarrassed At Times When The Delivery Man Comes With Her Order Because Of The Constant Glares She Gets From Him. However, She Sez That The Supply She Gives Adolf Doesnt Last Too Long, Because He Gulps Them Like Mints. I Care For My Sister-in-law And Told Her To Stop This Practice Because She Is Only Encouraging His Addiction. She Told Me It Was None Of My Business And That If I Continued In Telling Her This She Would Rather Not Associate With Me! I Would Hate To Lose Her Friendship. She Has Been Doing This For About 5 To Six Years For Adolf. Should I Cut Off My Friendship With Her? Plz Advise. Thanks.

Last edited by rontiss1; 05-06-2006 at 01:59 PM. Reason: I want to delete the caps in the middle of sentences.

Old 05-06-2006, 07:27 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

kim4074 HB User
Re: I Need Advice..can Anyone Help?

I dont think you should cut off your friendship. I know most people get defensive cause they dont want to hear the truth and who knows what hes like without the pills. Addicts are very maniputlative and will do anything to get what they want and those of us who enable them dont want to hear anything. If shes ok with this and happy living like this (with blinders on) who are we to judge. We know its wrong we know its not ok and I KNOW she does too but maybe is embarrassed that she shared this with you and doesnt want him to know. I know it my fiance told anyone about my addiction to pills I would be ****** at him for days out of embarrassment and anger IT WAS MY DEEP SECRET now his to share with anyone!!!! Just be there for her but dont encourage it trust me if you walk away she might be ok with it because loosing her bf is more of a loss. She knows its wrong and its gotta be expensive. They are starting to crack down hard on the internet sales and tracking people down. Be there to listen dont judge and maybe give a little advice but she doesnt care about how you feel or your opinion right now but be there for her. If she thought it was ok she would be embarrassed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread