It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2006, 06:43 PM   #1
(female)

citrusbreeze HB User
Question Vicodin Questions.....advice please

Hi all, i just found this board and im new here and i have a couple of important questions, if someone could help me out that would be great........

I have been on Vicodin since October of 2005 for Degenerating Disks in my back. The worse of my pain begins in the evening, so i take 1/2 of one pill about 4pm and then the other half IF neeeded before bedtime. Sometimes i dont need the other half at all, so basically i take either a whole or half a Vicodin everynight. My concern isnt the amount im taking its the length of time i have been on these that im wondering about.....Could i be addicted to this half a pill everynight?? Can any damage occur to any of my insides being on these for 9 months now?? They are perscribed to me from my Dr. infact he has refilled my last bottle just yesterday, i am alittle worried about that, due to the fact that this pill seems to go right to the nerve of my back and makes it feel better, so i am alittle concerned on what to do for the pain after i run out of these, something ill need to live with i guess. But i did want to ask these couple of questions and find out what you all think or feel about this..TIA

Sarah

Old 06-07-2006, 06:55 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

kim4074 HB User
Re: Vicodin Questions.....advice please

My fiance has the same problem although he takes as needed especially at night time his legs really start to bother him something in his back makes his legs really painful. You might not be mentally addicted to them but you maybe physically addicted to them like you dont abuse them you dont take them for the high you take them like you should only for pain. They do contain tylenol which over time and in huge amounts could affect your liver. There is a pain management board here that might be helpful to you too. You need the meds to function and be somewhat comfortable as with many people with back pain it is extremly painful as I watch my fiance sometimes not even able to walk cause of the pain. The pain forum on here might be of some help to you too. I cant tell you much since I dont have the back pain. I am a recovering vic addict my problem was I took them for the euphoria but I also have pain just couldnt take as prescribed. Good luck hopefully someone will be by with better advice. Good luck Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

kim4074 HB User
Re: Vicodin Questions.....advice please

Find the threat "cant stop" by tattoos and if you click on her name you can find all the thread started by her and can see what she has been through and she just relapsed too. Good luck again.

Closed Thread