It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2006, 11:50 AM   #1
(female)

TheMamaLisa HB User
Health problems after quitting meth, anyone else?

My love for meth started from when I was 16. I liked it because I was finally able to function and I was able to lose weight and keep it off (i was always on the heavy side). I used everyday for about 3 years, mostly smoking it. When I quit I was close to a 2 gram a day habit. I have not used in about 5 years. Ok well I did slip up a couple times by using only one time but recongnized my "need" for it and stopped before it went too far. Fast forward to today and I now have alot of health problems and I am only 26 years old. I have nephrotic syndrome that is monitored closley for further kidney damage, severe depression. Not even sure if its depression. I am so tired I cant function, forget what I am doing, get lost, I sleep at least 16 hours a day and still feel tired. I have terrible mood swings. I have tried ALOT of antidepressants, seroquel, lithium, depakote, with no help. I just dont find anything funny or enjoy anything anymore, its like I am "numb". I dont even feel like having sex. On top of it all I am now 140 pounds overweight. I was wondering if anyone else has had these issues or if they were fine years after quitting? Can anyone identify or is it just a coincidence that these all started after i quit?

Old 06-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #2
(male)

ET123 HB User
Re: Health problems after quitting meth, anyone else?

I used Meth for 10 years until I was 29 (15 years ago) and I went through alot of health issues, mostly minor, that cleared up over time. All except for my teeth which I had to have about half of replaced. I found incredible support through AA/NA. Yes I gained alot of weight, not as much as you but alot. I forced myself to go to a gym daily to combat it and found that excersize is a great treatment for depression as well. Talking to your doctor about your worries and getting on a reasonable excersize plan might help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2006, 03:55 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sad,mum HB User
Re: Health problems after quitting meth, anyone else?

i agree lethargy creates tiredness,try just going for a 15 min brisk walk tomorrow or today our time difference? and post me how youu feel,as the mother of a recovering addict i think if you are capable of kicking addiction you can do anything,putting my money on you,love,sad mum

Closed Thread