It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Thiswasyourlife HB User
Tomorrow...

Hey Everyone,
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks clean and sober for me. I cant believe how good I have been feeling. Granted, cause I am not working at the moment I have been taking naps in the afternoon. I have been going to at least 2 AA meetings a day and learning a lot about me. My short term memory is still pretty shot but thats ok, I am sober.
I had a job offer, agreed on a salary. The woman said she had to check my references and would call me back that afternoon. That was Monday, no call back as of today, Thursday. The salary was for much less than I am used to but the job seemed pretty interesting and something I am good at. I figured it would be a wash because I wouldnt be spending money on alcohol. I've given up on that job (I called her twice to follow up).
Anyway, I had been working with an employment agency prior to this job "offer". I called them yesterday and put my self back on the market with them. I have an interview tomorrow at 3:00 tomorrow. I made excellent money at my last job. The position I am interviewing for tomorrow is for at least the same amount of money as my last job and maybe more. Kinda makes me glad that the other lady never called me back. Like my husband said, there is a chance that the woman at the first job is very busy and can still call me by weeks end.
I have to leave it in Gods hands. I wouldnt mind however, prayers from those of you that see fit.

Your Friend,

Marilyn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2006, 02:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: Tomorrow...

Prayers are said girlfriend!! Your hubby is right. The perfect job will come along and grab you!! You just do whatver you have to and stay sober and happy.....doesn't take much to make us happy, but that sober part takes a lot of courage and you got it!!!!! I'm sooooooooooooooo proud of you!!!!

Old 09-14-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sad,mum HB User

Prayers are always with you ,the job is a bonus,the great thing is youre sober,have been following your threads and am impressed with the effort you are putting in to A/A,may all see the benefits of this support group,my daughter is benefiting greatly from N/A,so happy in your succesfull recovery,love sadmum

Old 09-14-2006, 04:08 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Thiswasyourlife HB User

Flint and Sad,

Thanks so much for the encouragement and prayers. I so appreciate them. I pray for you and yours every day. I had another milestone today. I have to get dinner on but will post a new thread later. I hope I am not boreing people but its important for me to share here, and in the rooms as well.

See you later!
Your Friend,
Marilyn

Old 09-14-2006, 04:37 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

sad,mum HB User

Posts on recovery will never bore us,we love success,first because we are so happy for you to get your life back and second because it gives hope to all who are not quite there yet,keep up the good work,sadmum

Closed Thread