It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2006, 09:07 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Thiswasyourlife HB User
Red face Oh Gosh! The plot thickens!!!

Here goes:
While I was posting my "Very grateful today post", I recieved a voice mail from the office for the first job interview I went on last week. You know, the one that we agreed on a salary, she said she just had to check references and never called me back. It was from a woman that I didnt meet at the interview. The voice mail went like this: Hi Marilyn, its Myraim, Susan (the owner and woman I interviewed with) didnt remember if she told you to come in on Monday or what. Please call me at ***-****.
Now Susan never called me at all! Evidentally, I have a job to start on Monday, and a interview today at 3:00. Lord lead me in the right way. I am a bit overwhelmed right now. The interview today is for a lot more money, the job I "already have" is something I have done for about 20 years.
Oy Vey!

Help! Advise! My sponsor is at work, I do have some other friends I can and will call.

Your very mixed up friend,
Marilyn

Old 09-15-2006, 10:18 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Thiswasyourlife HB User
Re: Oh Gosh! The plot thickens!!!

Update, I called a woman from AA that has years of sobriety and she gave me some great advise. I feel better, more relaxed. First I prayed about it, spoke to my husband about it then called a friend. Now its time to go get showered and ready for the 3:00 interview. I will talk to you all later.

Have a good day.
Your Friend,
Marilyn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2006, 11:40 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

bkim HB User

Cool. That is the best way to do things. Talk with others, come up with a plan. I used to just make decisions without doing those things. I have learned so much after stopping the pills. It seems like you are picking up new things also. Great job and best of luck.

Tim

Old 09-15-2006, 12:31 PM   #4
(female)

shell1 HB User

Good for you Marilyn, let us know how your interview goes. I hope you get it and if not you have the other to fall back on. It seems like things always have a way of working themselves out. Especially with a clear head.

Old 09-15-2006, 04:31 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Thiswasyourlife HB User

Hey All,

I think the interview went well. As I said before, I did speak with some people before I went and got good advise. The interview was with 4 different people, not round table like I suspected. They tag teamed me. One would interview me, then the leave, then the next one would come in. We some-what discussed salary, but they will make the first offer with the employment agency. I was there for two hours. When I left I hit a a meeting at my home group. It was a beginners meeting.

I am sooo glad I made supper already today in the slow cooker because I feel like I have been slow cooked. I am so tired, I could go to bed with out supper.

Thanks for all your advise and well wishes.

Your Friend,
Marilyn

Old 09-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

kim4074 HB User

I have had interviews like that too and I must say I dont enjoy them. I feel like I'm in an interrogation room the only thing missing is the bright light in my face. They are very nerve wracking maybe its a test to see how you handle stress I dont know though. Well not very religious but I will be thinking of you and have my fingers crossed as I have been in your boat and not a fun one to sail. See things are looking up though and keep up the good work we are all PROUD of you...... There is a light at the end of the tunnel! Kim

Old 09-15-2006, 08:02 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

Girl, your days just amaze me!! I told you God would plant the perfect job..........now if you are meant to have it and it is right for you, you will get it and love it........cause God gave it to you!!!!!! I just can't believe all the positive things that have come your way in such a short time!!! You are truly blessed...........get on your knees girl!! You have sooooooo much to be thankful for. I know your hubby is sooooo proud of you! I know I am!! Godd luck!! Prayers are with you!!

Old 09-15-2006, 11:01 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Thiswasyourlife HB User

Kim, Flindt, Buck and Shell..... (Kinda sounds like a card game huh? )
Thank you for all the posts. I too, cant believe how much has changed since I stopped drinking. I feel better physically and emotionally. I know I have a long way to go for the emotional part but thats ok, I am lQQking forward to the journey.
Its 2:00 am right now, and I guess I woke up because my son is on his way to Rhode Island from PA to see his girlfriend for the weekend. He had to drop two friends off in New York first. I was worried about him driving so late and for so long. I just called him, he's there now, so I am ok until he leaves on Sunday, then the worrying begins again.
I'm not really awake, so I will leave it at that for now. I do want to say how much I appreciate your posts, you'll never know how much your helping me.

Your Friend,
Marilyn

Closed Thread