It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #1

froggirl HB User
goddess girl, slipperyslope, are ya'll still around???

Hey, been a while, but I just wanted to see if either of you were still on the boards. Not sure if ya'll remember me, I was quiting a 7 year vicoden habbit summer of 2005. You guys were a tremendous help to me. I just celebrated one year clean. Just want to see how you were doing, and thank you for all your words of encouragement.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slipperyslope HB User
Re: goddess girl, slipperyslope, are ya'll still around???

Hey Frogirl, nice to see you back but not under these conditions. I am doing good, had to go back on my pain meds as I have horrible chronic back pain and sciatic pain that is horrendous as I have a huge pinched nerve in my low back and 2 herniated disc. but the difference is I do not abuse my meds EVER. My husband keeps my meds in a safe and dolls them out to me each day I am on Long acting meds so I don't need to pop pills every day. I don't even take my break through medication but a few times a week so I am not even taken what the Dr has ordered me to take I am so careful. I am also pee tested all the time so I have to stay perfect and I get pill counts so I can't mess up my pain management Dr watches all his patients closely. I have come a long way from my old ways but I just need pain relief at this point and can't mess around anymore.

Right now I am in PT and that is helping as I have been having new pain lately in my hip so we are working that out with PT.

I am sorry to hear that you have slipped, Just go back and start fresh, you can do it frogirl, I know you can. Your a strong chick!!!!

By the way, I still love my frogs and toads. I have a few toad friends that I see every night and they are so cool, one of them I pick up every night, he is the COOLEST little one ever.

Take care, SS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2006, 05:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

Hi froggirl/slipperyslope..
i haven't been on the board for quite awile-but i was "drawn" today..and im glad to hear you are doing so well..Congrads to you/and your new life..
im happy i could be helpful to you..these boards saved my life!I would like to thank you-and all the great folks that stood by me..
ive been off suboxone for a yr. in oct..i had a couple of minor slips..not w/ my DOC..but that was a while ago-im doing ok..just random-weirdness..but-the sub treatment really worked well for me.
slippery/sorry to hear of your back pain-and although i know its tough-i hope you know-that using meds-for real pain-is nothing to beat yourself up about-
i have a dear friend who has had 3 back surgerys in 2 yrs..and is also very upset by having to take the pain meds daily.
I wish you both the best of health/life..
Goddess Bless!
ggrl

Old 09-29-2006, 10:30 AM   #4
(female)

Over It 2day HB User

Good to hear from you Goddessgirl! I started a thread months ago looking for you to see how you were doing. I read about your relapses and even asked twinlynn about you. Anyway- I'm so proud of you for not going back to your DOC and happy to hear that you're doing well off the Sub. how were the WDs for you? how long did they last? months, i'm sure! well, take care and hopefully i'll see you around the boards here...take care

Last edited by moderator2; 09-30-2006 at 08:10 AM.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:30 AM   #5
(female)

KIMBEE HB User

goddessgrl, I just couldnt sleep,got on the boards to hopefully see if you did it and you did!! Congrats! I am still on 2mgs about every other day, untill june of this year fell aslep driving and totalled my car then 2 months later was in another serious auto accident, my luck has been horrible I have falllen down fifteen feet of stairs and am in horrindous pain, still mind you never took not on pain pill ,have toughed out it pretty bad, I am in physical therapy. Now this last Friday I picked up my daughters straightning iron and had 3rd degree burns, that was the last straw I coudnt bear the pain and had to take pain meds, now my problem is I have only been on them for 3 days at a low dose , when can I start back to weaning off the sub? I feel like s..t I have been off the sub for 4 days now should I just stop cold turkey or slowly stick to mt taper? I am in constant pain with my back I am so scared of using again to just some short term relief. I f you have any advice please share, I feel as though I am being punished for something, I cant belief someone can have this much bad luck. I am so very very happy for you, pleas let me know how you did it. THANKS SO MUCH

Closed Thread