It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 05:08 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Thiswasyourlife HB User
Day 39 and feeling fine.

Morning All,
Well the hammer came down yesterday. The offer that was extended to me for a full time postion with a company was renigged due to them merging (more like selling) with another company. My resume is back out there. I'm dissappionted, but it was totally out of my control and there is nothing I can do. There is a reason for this although I dont know what it is at the moment.
The important thing is that I am sober. Going to clean up a bit, shower and hit a meeting. Will talk to you all later. I hope everyone is doing good.

Your Friend,
Marilyn

Old 10-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
(female)

maradam HB User
Re: Day 39 and feeling fine.

Everything happens for a reason and it ALWAYS works itself out. God Bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

kim4074 HB User

Man that sucks I know how you feel. What about the other place that seemed interested? Well everyone says everything happens for a reason but I wonder when I will find out what for!!! Good luck and keep you chin up you know your worth it. Kim

Old 10-10-2006, 06:06 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Thiswasyourlife HB User

Thanks ladies....

I prayed for the Lords will on my job. I just didnt like what he had to "say". My husband faxed out about 6 resumes for me this morning. The position that looked the best to me called me this afternoon. I have a 10:30 interview with a woman and the doctor. Here we go again. Prayers please, that its something I'd be interested in. I have worked in the clerical medical field for over 22 years so unlike the last job offer, this is a very comfortable place for me, the medical field.
P.S. Please pray for the Lords will for me.
Thanks!
Your Friend,
Marilyn

Old 10-10-2006, 07:24 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

toughtime HB User

Hey Marilyn,

I'm so sorry about your job, but so proud of you for being sober for 39 days! Didn't your boss make you nuts? You know something better is out there! You sound so competent and qualified. It's hard to take off work once you start a new job, so maybe you should start fresh after your cruise, or let employers know you can start after that. You will be ok and yes, God works in mysterious ways. This job was probably to build your confidence back up, but it wasn't the right one for you. You are doing so great! Hang in there!

Your friend,
Debbie

Old 10-10-2006, 07:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

The Lord's will is already in your favor!!!! You have come a long way Baby!! There is a special job out there...and maybe you needed this last one to get the next one. We don't know why God works in the ways he does, but after all is said and done...we say, oh that's why you did that!! So, just hang on for the ride and let the Lord show you the way..........you're doing great girlfriend...I am soooo proud of you!!!!

Let the blessing keep on coming!! Start counting them!!!

Closed Thread