It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User
Me again! Wondering about dosing during my taper

Hey everyone, thanks for all of the cheers & encouragement in response to my post earlier.

I saw my therapist today, she said she was so glad I decided that its time to get off the xanax. She had suggested it a few months ago & I said no.

I'm wondering about when to take my doses ?? Before, I just kind of took 1/2 pill whenever I needed one. But now I almost feel like I need to hoard my xanax for night-time, since that's when I will probably want/need it the most.

Is it smartest to stick to a regular dosing schedule ? Or just kind of take it when I feel I need it the most - not to exceed my "allowed amount" for the day ?

thanks for the suggestions & all of your support.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2006, 06:12 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

kim4074 HB User
Re: Me again! Wondering about dosing during my taper

When I stopped taking vics I kept a few and took them only when absolutly needed them I was alright during the day and would sometimes take 1/2 before bed. Everyone is different too. Did you look up Dr Heather Ashton yet I think she will have some really good stuff for you and will help you immensly! Good luck Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2006, 06:56 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User
Re: Me again! Wondering about dosing during my taper

Hi Kim,

yes, I did see dr. Ashtons site Thank you!

Once I searched for it, I realized I had actually found it about 4 months ago, it was referred to in a book. There is a lot of great info there!

Her taper schedule to get off Xanax says to replace with Valium. I don't have Valium so I'm kind of on my own.

I know it can be a big help, but I honestly think I'd like to try & get off the Xanax "organically" if I can.

It's a pretty big site so maybe I can see if there's any other info that I can use.

Thanks again Kim, you're great!

Closed Thread