It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
(male)

nolungs4me HB User
Drug free for 8 years now..

I have a question about a urinalysis I had to take in the methadone maintenance treatment program I am a client at.I recently had a positive u.a reading of morphine positive.How can that be?I also have severe emphysema and in the final stages(stage4) and taking hydro-codone every now and then when pain is to much to bear.Is hydro-codone enough to come back as a morphine positive reading?I am paying the 12.50 to challenge this u.a.I have not used since the first day I was admitted in this clinic back in 1999.Can anyone help with this one?

Thanks a bunch,
God Speed to everyone here!!!
Rod Tacoma Wa.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:17 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

bkim HB User
Re: Drug free for 8 years now..

Does your clinic know about the use of hydro? When I took a UA's in my outpatient program we were just givent the category of the drug if you failed or passed-benzos, opiates, etc. I didnt know they could break it down to the specifice drug.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2007, 12:27 AM   #3
(female)

bdean HB User
Re: Drug free for 8 years now..

Hydrocodone will come up as the same thing as morphine on the basic u/a the MMT clinic gives as they are both opiates..If you sent off for the GC/MS which is what I am assuming you did since you said you are challenging the results then it should come back as hydrocodone on that and not morphine..The screen is just that a screen and it looks for the basic metabolites of each group of drugs..Sometimes certain OTC's and Non-narcotic Rx'd drugs can throw what is called a "false positive" on a screen..The GC/MS is a more indepth test of the urine and it breaks it(the urine)down into the actual drug instead of just a general grouping..So if you took hydrocodone and got a positive back on the opiates then it should come back as hydrocodone on the GC/MS....Like the last poster said is the clinic aware of you taking the occassional hydrocodone for pain?Is it approved for you to do so through them?If so then you should have no problem..If not then your best bet would be to get that bottle up there and show them also you may wanna get a note from the MD that wrote the hydrocodone saying that he knows your are on the MMT program but felt you needed the hydrocodone anyways..Those will be the ONLY ways to get out of this becoming a positive/dirty screen on your record...Good Luck I hope everything works out for you...I am also a MMT patient going on 3 yrs..I have to say I thank god everyday for my treatment because I know I wouldnt have anything today without it....Again goodluck and I will keep my fingers crossed for you...
Bdean...

Closed Thread