It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2007, 12:40 PM   #1
(female)

ReadyToBeDone HB User
Did you ever feel this way?

I'm slowly coming off oxycotin's, and I don't know if this applies only to my doc or all addicts, but did you feel trapped in your life once you quit using. I don't mean by pills, but by your job, your family, your whole entire life? Is this part of cleaning up, or is this here to stay. Sometimes I find that I just want to walk out of my job, at home, there are times when I feel I physically cannot breathe. I'm trying to not make any major changes (other than those involving the drug use), but I am finding myself feeling bored and put-out with everything. Did you feel this way? How did you handle it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB User
Re: Did you ever feel this way?

Wow. I remember those days. I was so lucky to be in jail through the beginning of my recovery. I know that sounds crazy but it is the only place in the world that no one can tell you to come home now....or you need to go to work because you have bills to pay, or any of that. I was able to be there with me and concentrate on me....and afterwards I went to a recovery place and did some more of that. Then I got sick of me and moved on. You will probably go through a lot of changes and feel really out of place on your everyday situations....question them ect.... If you can change jobs. I don't know what kind of job you have but it does not hurt to start over at a new job once you are completely detoxed. Don't tell people there and that way you start with a clean slate and what you do to it is up to you. Good luck. I was lucky...I had no kids yet, had lost all my friends years before, my family could barely look at me...ect. I feel lucky for all of that because I had no pressure except from myself. It was completely up to me to choose my destiny.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
(female)

donewithvics HB User

I think, as addicts, we always have "something missing"...so, when we have something to "feed" that part, we seemingly feel all is right in our world. Take it away, and we're back to having to figure out what that "missing" part of us is...and it SUCKS. My doc was vics, but I can see looking back on my life, I've filled that with all sorts of addictions...golf, coffee, smokes, etc...I guess what I do now is really try and focus on all that is good in my life and stop the pity party before it gets out of control. Focus.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:57 AM   #4
(female)

ReadyToBeDone HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by augirl View Post
I guess what I do now is really try and focus on all that is good in my life and stop the pity party before it gets out of control. Focus.
You know, I think that is exactly what I needed to hear. I need to quit feeling sorry for myself and all the problems I have in my life, and pay attention to the good. I've always, since I was little, been very easily side tracked. It's time I grew up and learned how to, as you put it, focus.

Closed Thread