It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #1
(female)

dfroman1166 HB User
Well...I knew it would come to this!

Hi,
Well my 3 weeks were all for NOTHING!! I'm back on I need you support more than ever! I saw my ob/gyn today and we had to do a D&C. I have lots of tissue built up in my uterus and we needed to clean it out. Sorry...TMI, I should be on the women's health boards. I'll bother them next! This was unaviodable and PAINFUL. I have my husband taking charge so I HOPE I'll be o.k.. Please guy's help me to do the right thing. I can't belive that the one time I do the right thing something screws it up! Life really knows how to throw a curve ball. I think this will be my true test. If I can do this, I can do anything.
The good news is I have opened up to my husband. I didn't get into to much detail-I just said that I have been taking too many of these pills and I needed him to help me control the dosage. I've asked him to leave me my daily dose and take the pills to work with him. He was very supportive and asked me if I thought that there was a problem-I told him that yes since the back issues ,I've been taking more than prescribed. He just held me tight for about 5 minutes and said that everything will be allright and that we will get through all this CRAP and that he loved me very much. He also said that he didn't want to loose me. I was so happy that he didn't jump on his soapbox!

I will stop these devils like a normal,non-addicted person-when the pain is GONE!! Which the doc said in about 48 hrs. at best! Hubby will keep them on his person at all times. I'm also making a vow to take them as prescibed and no more. He will flush the leftovers.
So...this is the true test. I have everything in place-now I pray!
Please keep supporting me-I need you guy's!
Dee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 07:50 PM   #2
(female)

hopeintn HB User
Re: Well...I knew it would come to this!

I just wanted to say that I am so sorry that you have had to go through that :hugs: It sounds like you have a good plan in place by telling your husband about it!! Stay strong, and I hope you feel better soon!!!

Old 03-09-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

onyxgates HB User

I had a D&C three weeks ago...I took one just after the procedure (vicoden) and only ibuprofen after that...it worked out fine. I also had a heating pad and just rested.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:45 AM   #4
(male)

Mr&MrsOwens HB User

I really am not the best to give advice since my husband and I are living with this demon ourselves,but you definitely did the right thing tellin your husband.From what I hear,supposrt is the key thing to get you through this.If you stick to havin him be in control of the pills,I have faith everything will be ok.Trust me,I know exactly how you feel.Your not alone.

Mrs.owens

Old 03-09-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
(female)

dfroman1166 HB User

Thank you all for your help!
I'm feeling good today - just regular period like cramping. I took 2 vic's yesterday and 1 this a.m..I will switch to advil this afternoon. My hubby has been instructed to flush away!!
Belive it or not I felt nothing-no high,no mood change-NOTHING! I acually felt a bit nauseous but that could be from the D&C. I don't want them,I don't NEED them!
I did it! I'm looking forward to a nice quiet weekend at home with my family-DRUG FREE!!YAY!!
Dee

Old 03-09-2007, 06:05 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

onyxgates HB User

I know this is off topic but just wanted to let you know that I have the same diagnosis. Does your doctor have you on Provera?

Old 03-15-2007, 12:13 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

onyxgates HB User

How are you feeling today?

Closed Thread