It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

is it possible to be addicted to klonopin if you take it occasionnally?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
michaxx2
(female)

michaxx2 HB User
is it possible to be addicted to klonopin if you take it occasionnally?

Hi,
I am new to this board....my name is Micha
I've been using klonopin for the past year,occasionnally, .5 mg ,I would say a pill 3 to 4 times a week for anxiety.....I am on lexapro too,which helped alot for anxiety honestly but I've been noticing weight gain and it depresses me....so I am weaning myself off of it,I am down from 10mg to 2.5mg...I prefer to stick with klonopin....but I am scared of the addiction..like I said I dont take it everyday.....what do you think? and what if I want to quit klonopin too is it gonna be hard to do even tho I take it occasionnaly?
Thank you
Micha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
Eazzzzy E
Inactive
(male)

Eazzzzy E HB User
Re: is it possible to be addicted to klonopin if you take it occasionnally?

Hi I;m new here too. I use Klonopin 1mg tabs and am not addicted. They make me tired. But WORK!

Now the Adderall is a different story....

Old 04-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
michaxx2
(female)

michaxx2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazzzzy E View Post
Hi I;m new here too. I use Klonopin 1mg tabs and am not addicted. They make me tired. But WORK!

Now the Adderall is a different story....
Thanx for your reply eazzzzy .....wondering how long have you been on klonopin and how often do you use them?

Micha

Old 04-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #4
Podee
Veteran
(male)

Podee HB User

It depends on how you define "addicted." If you mean will you start shaking uncontrollably and die of withdrawals, maybe not.

If you mean, will you have insomnia and restlessness, and have other tell tale signs of addiction, yes.

The general rule of thumb for drugs is...what comes down, must come up (people who take opiates, benzodiazepines and barbituates, are sedated while using, anxious, irritable, and other W/D symptoms while coming off).

And...what comes up, must come down. Even the non-physically addictive drugs like amphetamines and cocaine, people sleep for days after coming off them.

Last edited by Podee; 04-05-2007 at 09:12 PM.

Old 04-08-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
davidj18224
(male)

davidj18224 HB User
Wink Re: is it possible to be addicted to klonopin if you take it occasionnally?

Yea I remember using THIS one, a long time friend, girlfriend broke up, I could not sleep, doc prescribed this, I took like 6 & started to fall backward in my bed, yea then did sleep...the next day thinking I was ok I ran the car into a curb., without saying i cannot get the drug again....

Closed Thread