It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
(female)

shellyg430 HB User
Re: Tussionex use

This is my first post ever. I have used Tussionex for years. First as a child appropriately, then as a young mother in a very lonely marriage. I took it to not feel depressed really. Now I can take a full bottle and feel just minimal okay. I have been in rehab twice--per court order because of prescription fraud. My daughter has always had pneumonia and I stole her medicines as well. I am now alone. I had been clean for almost 2 years until I got bronchitis last winter. I knew better but asked for Tussionex. I've been struggling to either get it or Lortabs ever since. I know how to work doctors well. I haven't used anything for about a day a1/2 now. I need much support PLEASE. Help me please.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
(female)

jkm1201 HB User
Re: This is my first post ever. I have used Tussionex for years.

Shelly- your not alone, my dear. When my daughter was sick w/ bronchitis last year, I gave her OTC cough syrup so I could keep hers. (Tussionex also) Certainly not something I'm proud of, or like to admit having done. We've all made bad choices and had to live w/ the consequences. However, on these boards you will find so many people that you can relate to and sympathize with. Read others stories, you'll find strenghth in them. ( I sure did ) and if support and encouragement are what your looking for... it's endless here.

I think the first thing you need to do though, is make a decision. Are you ready to stop letting these drugs run your life? Sounds like this has been a very long and difficult battle for you, are you tired yet?... There really is another way to live. I'm not saying it will be easy, it will be hell. But, isn't what your going through right now, pretty close to hell? Can't be much worse, right?... The choice is yours...

Hang in there, your really not alone.

Last edited by jkm1201; 04-09-2007 at 06:46 AM. Reason: sp

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #3
(female)

snoopee HB User
Re: Tussionex use

Shelly,
Take a look at the home detox post, it will help. I have read tons and tons of postings here and although each experience has been different the overwhelming majority who have tried the recommendations on that plan have found it helped greatly. I personally can attest to the vitamins, water, activity- although I will say initially I was skeptical, it has done wonders for me in my situation and I will continue to add things as I continue my taper.

Give it a try and keep reading my friend- you will find lots of support and encouragement on these boards.
Never lose hope and stay positive
Snoop

Old 04-08-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
(female)

shellyg430 HB User

Thank you very much. I hate who I am right now. I hate feeling empty. I am moving soon so that I do not live alone and isolate myself. I am ready to give it up--again. I know these next days will be bad. Any advice from anyone I greatly appreciate. I wish I had someone to talk to. I am so glad to have found this forum. I'll keep checking.

Old 04-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #5
(female)

snoopee HB User

Shelly,
Each time you are feeling weak, sign on to the board and read through the posts- it is amazing the support you can find reading through all the post where someone has reached out to help someone in the same exact situation. If nothing else, it will remind you that you are not alone and many many unforntunately have gone before us. Also if you believe in a higher power you may want to do some searches on the net for positive reinforcement or ask a friend about specific books in the bible that can help you find some peace- works for me.

Keep checking the board and posting- let us know how you are doing..ok??
Sending you all the support I can through this computer and praying you will have a speedy recovery!
Never lose hope and stay strong!
Snoop

Old 04-08-2007, 07:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello Shelly

I am glad to see you have joined us and posted. I know I was scared to death at first when I posted, but now know it was one of the best choices I have ever made. So congratulations on your brave step.

I have recently completed a taper from oxycodone; having finished that and taking a bit of a break, I am now in the process of a slow, slow taper from xanax. I am not recommending a taper for you... just want you to know that we share a common bond. Smiles.

There are many ways to come off narcotics. Cold-turkey, detox centers, slow tapers, fast tapers, etc. We each have to decide for ourselves what method we think best fits. Once we choose the method, then we have to come up with a plan that we follow honestly and without fail. NO one can work any plan alone. We each need help and support.

The plan must include a method of detoxing with safety nets in place AND also include how to stay clean and progress to a happy, renewed life. For me, honesty, total honesty has been an absolute must. Honesty with myself, my doctor, my family and those friends with whom I choose to share. Without the honesty, any plan will fall apart.

You know, Shelly, when I first started posting, I was so desperate for answers! I know that may very well be how you are feeling right now. Please know how much hope there is in overcoming this. Truly.

My suggestion is that you go to your family doctor and tell him straight-up.. that full disclosure, total honesty deal.... what is happening to you, if the best help is what you want. If you are sincerely ready to stop, which I believe is your goal, then get brave and make that doctor's appointment. It is in no way the first time the doctor will be hearing this story. No way. He is not going to try and have you arrested or anthing like that. And the more honest you can be with him, the more he will know your goal to stop is real. With the doctor, you can work out the plan to best help YOU.

Hope we hear from you again soon.

With hope
reach

Old 04-09-2007, 08:12 PM   #7
(female)

shellyg430 HB User

Thanks for your positiveness. Is that a word? I will check the board every day. Hearing from you, whoever you all are, is VERY helpful. Just to know that I am not alone in this. I have well meaning friends but if you are not an addict, you just really can't help. Thank you cyber friends. I am looking at a surgery soon too I am afraid. That scares me too. Luckily I have a high pain tolerance. Of course I never took those pills for actual pain. I'm not sure I've ever needed hydrocodone for actual pain. Sad isn't it. Thanks again. I'll check with you all tomorrow. I should know about surgery by then.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:39 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

kadee HB User

hi shelley
Welcome. and thank you for sharing. I used to work doctors in the 80's like a master juggler. I would read medical journals and I had whatever I wanted script-wise. I have spent the majority of my life in withdrawal and euphoria. After a clean admission to my regular long-term doctor, I became terrified to go anywhere else, hospital or medical clinic or dental clinic for fear of what manipulation would come out of my mouth.

You have a high threshold to pain for your surgery you can support yourself with. That is a miracle for an addict. I hope it goes well for you. I will pray for you to keep your heart open to what you desire.The best help you are asking for comes from you and your level of honesty towards your doctor or doctors.

kadee

Last edited by kadee; 04-09-2007 at 11:46 PM.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:53 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Howdy-do Shelly

Just looking to see how you are doing today. I know it is a hard road. When I first came to the board, I read a lot of postings, and I do mean a lot, before I ever had the courage to finally start posting myself. The more I read about people who have overcome addictions and the more I read the great support between members here, the braver I got about posting. Isn't it just great?

I hope you have found the time to read The Sample Home Detox, which is the very first thread on this board. It is so helpful no matter where we are in our journey.

The road may be hard, but as you walk along it ( both spiritually and physically walking), the conviction just becomes stronger and stronger. And there is lots of joy and happiness again the farther down the road we walk. That is a promise.

Stay strong, know we are all here for you and just keep trudging along.

With lots of hope
reach

Closed Thread