It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2007, 10:48 AM   #1
(female)

aterrifiedmom5 HB User
Unhappy day 5 withdrawaling off suboxone....really scared

I am on my 5th day with no suboxone. I dont know if the w/d is getting better or not. I am 25 a single mother of 2 small children, i go to school full time and my family has no clue what is going on. And i just want to know how much longer am i going to feel like this for. I cant handle the physical pain that i feel. Its like at any minute i am just going to break down....i cry nonstop all day long. i look at these kids and tell myself i can do but i begining to think i cant. If this is going to last months then im giving up right now but if theres a chance that it could be getting easier soon then ill suck it up and deal with it. I have never been so scared and so alone in my entire life...i just want to sleep and be able to take care of kids...i feel like a horrible mom, i dont know what to do.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

bkim HB User
Re: day 5 withdrawaling off suboxone....really scared

Hey there. The phys w/d should be getting better very soon for you. Keep drinking plenty of water and try to exercise. This will speed up the process.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
(male)

TJinPA HB User

Hi mom _ I just read your post. How long were you on the sub and at what dose? Did you taper off of the sub. It sounds like you are experiencing the depression that is common to all opiate w/d's. The odd thing about sub is the physical w/d's upon quitting are less pronounced than when you quit other opieats, so when the depression hits it catches you off guard. The physical pain you mentioned is this from a preexsisting condition? Or is this new pain since you stopped the sub?
I will watch for your response TJ

Old 04-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #4
(female)

aterrifiedmom5 HB User

i was on suboxone for about one year. I never took more than 4mg and i tapered down to 1mg. I never really had to w/d before bc i went straight from using methadone recreationally with friends to feeling crappy to suboxone. Everyone says that w/d off of suboxone isnt as bad, so i dont know if its bad to me bc i never had to go through real withdrawal it all happened so fast. I have this cramping pain in my legs and arms and im assuming its from the w/d.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:57 AM   #5
(female)

aterrifiedmom5 HB User

what you say exersize do you mean that i should go for a run or do mean i should quit laying on the couch and do some cleaning around the house?

Old 04-24-2007, 01:33 PM   #6
(male)

TJinPA HB User

The pain is probably from the w/ds. When Tim referenced exercise he means what ever you can do to get your heart rate up. A good rule of thumb is to exercise until you perspire. Any motion will do, so yes get off the couch and do chores, take a walk, take deep breaths. What you are trying to accomplish is getting your natural endorphins back to work. Once the opiate is in your system, your body stops production of the natural endorphins that make you feel good in general. exercise stimulates your entire system to "get back to working". You may also want to start eating banana's. They are a great source of potasium and that will help with the cramping pain. I assume you did your program under a dr care. You should also notify him of the way you are feeling as you do not want to assume w/d symptoms when there could be some other cause. Also read some of the home detox remidies listed above the threads on this page. Some of the herbal supplimants may be just what you need.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:16 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

doddsgirl1 HB User

I don't know if this is much help or not but I just got out of rehab and was on opitiants for a year. Enough to kill 3 people my size. They put me on subutex for a week and brought me down slowly. I am now on day 7 without it and I am starting to feel better. I am taking a multi vit and a cal/mag vit once a day. I am also having depression but it is getting better. Don't give up it will get better. Just rest and pretend like you have the flu and have your family help with the kids. My mom is taking care of mine thank God. God bless and I hope you feel better soon.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #8
(female)

aterrifiedmom5 HB User

i have some old prenatal vitamins left from when i had my daughter would they help?

Old 04-25-2007, 06:18 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

doddsgirl1 HB User

Any kind of vit will help. Take one extra then you would normal but not at the same time. Are you feeling any better?

Old 04-25-2007, 06:41 AM   #10
(female)

aterrifiedmom5 HB User

the only thing that really hurts now are my calfs, but i have so much anxiety, and im shakey.....other than that its getting easier. i got a couple hours of sleep last night, which really helps. i honestly think i would have gave up the other day had i not found this site. i gives me that push that i need to keep going.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:49 AM   #11
(female)

jkm1201 HB User

Hi aterrifiedmom,
just wanted to take a minute and say 'hi'. It made me smile to hear that you are feeling better today. I understand how you feel about this site, it was a life saver for me too.
It sounds like you've pretty much gotten through the physical w/d's and are creeping up on some of the mental stuff. Stay here, read others stories, and post lots. It will help, I promise. Hang in there, your not alone anymore.
jkm

Old 04-25-2007, 06:50 AM   #12
(female)

jkm1201 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterrifiedmom5 View Post
i have some old prenatal vitamins left from when i had my daughter would they help?
just make sure thier not expired...

Old 04-25-2007, 07:12 AM   #13
(female)

aterrifiedmom5 HB User

i am just wondering how long before i feel normal again, some sites say anywhere from 1-6 months, some sites say 1-2 weeks. i think when i read things like 1-6 months and peoples stories about how bad it is, i think i begin to convince myself that thats how it is going to be with me and its hard to stay positive about the situation...i can deal with the lack of energy for a couple weeks without a problem its the other stuff that im afraid is going to stick around for a while....i feel like i know nothing and all i do is ask question after question...im sorry

Old 04-25-2007, 07:16 AM   #14
(female)

aterrifiedmom5 HB User

thank you so much jkm1201. i think the hardest part is nobody knows. so i dont have anyone to turn to...its all on me. or at least is was all on me, when i see other people have gotten through it, then it gives me that push. sometimes i feel like i just need someone to yell at me and tell me to quit being a baby and suck it up and deal with it, after all i have no one to blame but myself....im making myself get out of the house today i think that might help...i think the more i stay inside the more depressed i feel.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:24 AM   #15
(female)

lmb1964 HB User

You shouldn't have to walk around like this, there are other prescriptions like xanax (unless you have an addiction to it) your doc could give you short term to get you through the shakes. The vets here are so nice and have helped me out so many times, they really know what they are talking about! Also let your doc know what is going on, he is supposed to be there to help you right? I am currently on sub therapy, how long were you on it for?

Last edited by lmb1964; 04-25-2007 at 07:25 AM.

Closed Thread