It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
(female)

harmony8299 HB User
hello friends im back again

Hello to everyone!

Well I am back. I had some problems with my teeth(2 abcesses, a shattered tooth, some cavities, etc.) Well needless to say it became really painful. It felt like my teeth had their own heartbeat, I couldnt eat, sleep, talk, think.

So I finally went to the dentist and they gave me lortabs. I thought Iwould be able to handle it, just take them for the pain and be done with them. But it didnt quite work that way. I took the whole script, was still in pain, and went back to buying them off the street

It was really terrible. I felt awful about myself. I wanted to come here and talk to you guys but I felt so guilty and ashamed. I didnt know what to do.

However, there was some good that came from this. I really realized that that was not the way I wanted to live my life! I researched all of my options and found a dental clinic that does dental work for half price. I went and took care of the shattered tooth and got antiobiotics for the abcess. When they asked if I was allergic to any medicines, I told them YES I am allergic to narcotics, please do not give me any.

I was scared that the pain would be really bad but I took the many wonderful suggstions that the wonderful people on here gave me and it really wasnt that bad. Actually, I had much less pain then before I had the dental work!

And, there were some amazing things I noticed. Years ago when I first started taking pain pills, I seemed to only notice the good things. And I just kept taking them. But now that I had the experience of being off them and clean for awhile then started taking them again, I noticed a lot of awful terrible things from being on them as compared to being off them.

-I actually have more real energy off of them. I may feel like they give me energy, but thats a lie, I just run around in circles never really getting anything accomplished.

-I actually feel good about myself when Im off them and I feel terrible about myself when im on them

-Im actually a better mom when im off them

-I have alot more money when Im not taking them, I go broke buying them

And much much more!!!!
So I am very glad to be off them for what I hope and pray is the last and final time! I really appreciate all the support and encouragent and enlightment that I get here!

Hugs,
Harmony

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Podee HB User
Re: hello friends im back again

Nice job! Way to go!

I got through my recent dental surgery experience with just Advil. To be honest, drugs like ibuprofen actually relieve the pain at the site. Narcotics just lessen your awareness of the pain.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #3
(female)

2nd_chance HB User

Hi Harmony!

Welcome back. Don't beat yourself up. Lots and lots of people have relapsed. That's part of the process of quitting. As long as you're still trying to quit and it sounds like you are more determined than ever now, that's what counts. If you keep trying then soon enough it is going to stick. You are so right about the running around in circles with pill energy! That made me laugh. It's true. It's perceived energy but it always made me pretty scattered too.

Glad the dental problems are fixed up. I've been going through some of that too and it's the worst.

Take care!
Debbie TT

Old 04-29-2007, 12:29 PM   #4
(female)

flushed HB User

Hey Harmony!! It's really great to see you again. It sounds like you are figuring yourself out and learning some great life changing lessons.

I hope that your teeth are healed-- ouch-- I really hate the dentist.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
(female)

harmony8299 HB User

Thank you all for your replies! It feels so nice to know I can come back here and still get support even after I slipped up. I really hate the dentist too which is one of the reasons I put off going to see one for so long, which just led to the problem getting worse. After I finally got up the nerve to get the work done tho I am so glad I did because now my teeth virtually pain free! I still have to get the abcess pulled but now Im not so scared.

And yes about the pill energy it is so fake!! I feel so full of energy, but in reality I am just busy busy doing NOTHING!!!

Flushed-
Good to see you again!!! How have you been? I hope you are doing great! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Hugs,
Harmony

Old 04-29-2007, 03:55 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

HARMONY!

It is so great to see you. Big old hugs, girl! Oh, I am so happy to see you back with us.

Sorry to hear about the dental pain. Bummer for sure, but ended up in a much more important learning and that is what life is... one huge learning experience.

I am so happy you are back here. Even more happy to hear of your personal growth. Way to go. Take the best out of any situation and learn, learn learn.

Stay your positiv self.

Many, many blessings to you.
reach

Old 04-29-2007, 06:09 PM   #7
(female)

harmony8299 HB User

Reach,

Hello!!! I am so glad to hear from you! As always you made my day brighter! I hadnt really thought of this as a learning experience and personal growth but after you and others pointed this out to me I do now see it that way. One of the many things I love about this board and the people here!

I hope everthing is going well for you. How is that xanax taper coming along?
I am truly happy to hear from you, I really missed you over the past little while! Hope to hear from you again soon.

Big old hugs back!
Harmony

Last edited by harmony8299; 04-29-2007 at 06:10 PM.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:35 AM   #8
(female)

harmony8299 HB User

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to pop in to say hey this morning before I head off to my brand new job. Thats right I got a new job finally! I am so excited!

It seems like life just keeps getting better. I am hoping and praying that I keep the strength to stay off those evil pills for good this time and really improve my life in all areas! I also hope and pray for the same thing for all of you-my cyber soulmates.

Heres hoping we all have a wonderful day!!!

Hugs,
Harmony

Old 04-30-2007, 07:09 AM   #9
(female)

jkm1201 HB User

hi harmony,
I'm so happy to see you back here. As I read your posts I keeping thinking to myself how proud I am of you. We came here about the same time and I was able to relate to your story SO much. In the beginning you encouraged me to keep going and stay positive more times than I can remember and for that, I am forever grateful. So, let me encourage you now... keep it up girl! you sound great! You have a new job, a new understanding of how those pills really work (the energy thing, crazy huh?) and a new appreciation for your son and your role as a mother. Feels good, right? Keep up the fabulous work and keep us posted on how your doing, ok?... OK!
peace out!, jkm

Old 04-30-2007, 05:13 PM   #10
(female)

harmony8299 HB User

jkm

Well hello there! I am so truly happy to hear from you! How are you? I was wondering where you had went. I was about to search for you and lo and behold I come on here to find a message from you. That really made my day!

It just simply amazes me that I can come on here after messing up and have all my good old friends right here for me. This place is amazing wonderful great. It really makes me wonder why in the world I was so scared to come back here. Well I am back now and I definitly plan on staying here and staying clean!

Hugs,
Harmony

Closed Thread