It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
(female)

shay4bliss HB User
Unhappy I am soooo frustrated! Can anyone help me understand this?

I just hate this methadone!

I tried to do the right thing by telling my doc I was taking too much hydro and they just weren't working anymore...and I was wiliing to try methadone (she had been trying toget me to try it for awhile), but I'm worse off than I was and it's not working like I was lead to believe! This isn't my docs fault though...she's actually very cool and has really worked at helping me through my injuries.

I thought meth was supposed to kill pain and it's not-actually it seems worse. I thought it was made to help get off pain meds (and heroin) and take the cravings away...am I right? Can someone tell me if I'm totally crazy?

It's been 6 days today and I feel worse than ever...and I'm getting just a really bad attitude about it.

If I say anything that comes off rude or rotten here or offensive to anyone, I sure don't mean it ! So I'm apologizing now in advance!

The first 3 days were ok...I was just really tired and a little dizzy...
But since Friday I have had a excrutiating back/hip ache...I don't even think "ache" is the right word. It's more like a mixture of bursitis, a pinced nerve, and pain from my former broken pelvis. The pain just radiates down my leg, then up between my shoulder blades, and all my muscles on the left side of my body are really tense and knotted up. And the meth is doing absolutely nothing for all this pain, in fact it seems like it caused it. I can hardly stand up and walk after sitting.l...I did a whole bunch of stretching a couple of times yesterday for about 45min each and used a heating pad and took hot baths and it is a little better today, but if I had been taking my regular Lorcet, I would not have hardly any pain at all...

I'm so sleepy I can hardly keep my eyes open and I'm half way nodding out and going cross eyed. I'm very irritated, almost to the point of being plain mean...I have caught myself just jumping on my poor 6 year old for nothing or getting more aggrivated about stuff than I would normally...I have apologized over and over to him, it seems like I almost can't help it...I'm glad he is so understanding, he knows I'm not usually like this....

The least little tasks are so annoying and I'm having trouble just making a piece of toast!

Arrgghhhh!!!
I feel like I'm going crazy! You guys!!! Can ya'll tell me what's happening?!?

What's weird is by the night time, like around 11pm or midnight, I start feeling better and getting energetic.

My doc and I thought (as of Friday) that I was just having some w/d's from the hydro, at the same time trying to get adjusted to the meth...but I just seem to be getting worse instead of improving!

The bad part is, because it's meth, I can't take extra if I need to , and when I take a pill it doesn't zap the pain in 30 minutes like pain pills do. The pain never goes away...and I don't even feel comfortable about taking ibuprofen with the meth cuz I've been scared into "dying" from an o/d since meth builds up in your body....

Help! When is this gonna get better? Is it ever gonna get better? I'm craving pills more than ever what happened to it replacing the cravings? I'm just gripey, whiny, b*!chy, and no fun to be around and feel like crud!

I'm so sorry for being like this everyone. Thanks so much for listening to me whine. I really hope someone can give me an explaination of what's happening. So many of you guys have experience with this or are taking it now, can you please write me back? Tell me your story, and if it changes and gets better....does it stay this way, is this all it is? I've tried finding answers on the internet, but everything is very vague about methadone....

Eeeekkk!!!
I would so appreciate any advice here! I'm about to tel my doc to please put me back on pain meds....I just feel like balling my eyes out!...after I punch a few holes in the wall!!!!...right after my 5 hour nap!.... (Just kidding!) sort of...Ha Ha!
Help!
Shay...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

mamabug HB User
Re: I am soooo frustrated! Can anyone help me understand this?

Hi Shay,

I don't have experience w/methadone, but I have pain issues that require me to take the opiates. I can imagine your frustration. If the methadone doesn't work for you can you talk to your doc and go back to the lorcet?

I haven't posted much here but I do read the posts and from what I've heard I don't think I'd want to try the methadone.

Don't be too hard on yourself. It's hideous to be in pain all the time. If things don't level out, maybe you can get a hold of your doctor for an adustment one way or the other.

I'm sure someone will be along soon who knows more about methadone than I.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

MB

Old 05-27-2007, 03:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello Shay

I came off oxycodone... pretty powerful straight opiate. Everything you are experiencing with pain right now is exactly what I went through in the eary stages of withdrawal. Exactly. Although you are on methadone, your body and brain are reacting to a lowered dose of opiate. You would have to ingest a heck of a lot of methadone to 'equalize' and that does not seem like such a good idea to me.

I know you are a chronic pain patient, but because we are on this particular board, please remember that I am addressing you as an addiction and recovery resource and a former chronic pain patient, okay?

What happens when we reduce any narcotic, in particular an opiate for you, follows a pretty standard course of symptoms. The pain stage is, outside of the depressive stage, a longer one. It can last for days and into a few weeks. It is the body's attempt to make you up the amount of opiate (now methadone) It wakes up old pain because you have treated the pain with opiates and the brain has a long, long memory. It creates pains never even had before because you have a working brain that figures out ways around problems whether the soulutions are good or bad. The brain thinks, you allow the body to react to it. Like the brain thinks 'Hungry" and you decide whether or not to eat.

In withdrawal, the brain starts sending out messages to get more opiates, get more opiates. When that fails and we don't get more of an opiate, it starts on a stronger course. It sends out search parties looking for remnants that have become part of our actual cell structures. Starts in the easy areas first like the digestive organs and skin. That is why skin 'crawls' in withdrawal a lot of times. It moves to deep muscle tisssue towards the ends of its search and looks realy hard there. That is why many have backaches, especially low back, during and after withdrawal for a time period. last, it searches in the very marrow of our bones. This REALLY hurts... joints and bones ache unbelieveably.

And all of this is exhausting and we feel angry, tired, irritable. ( This is often part of what leads into the depressing stage of withdrawal and recovery).

What to do about it? Two choices... keep using the opiates or stop. I stopped and went through the crap and have no residual pain now. I finally have a 'true' reading on my pain levels and they just don't exist before. (And that is because on opiates, I was getting all those signals I talked about to up my dosage because tolerance built so quick....and that is where you seem to be right now). So choice #1) for you is to get off opiates altogether. Choice #2 would be to tough it out on the methadone dose you are on now and wait until your body adjusts to the lower dose. It will eventually and the adjustment period would last for some unknown length of time. However, my own experience, which started many years ago, leads me to believe that tolerance will eventually be an issue again.

I can not advise you what to do, Shay. I guess my biggest fear for you is that you need to know that if you plan on ever coming off the methadone, that time will prove a big strugle again. And of course it is not impossible to come off methadone because others here have done it. Just have to balance it out between you and your doctor.

Wishing you well
reach

Old 05-27-2007, 03:57 PM   #4
(female)

shay4bliss HB User

Thanks MB and Hi,

My doc MIGHT let me go back to them....the problem is I like them.

I mean I NEED them too, but I love the dang things and I just take them and take them like they're candy. Then I run out and I'm hating life until my next refill. I had addiction issues before I was injured so badly and I hate to say it, but when I was put on 180 10mg Lorcet a month-long term-it was an addicts dream come true. That sounds so bad, and only another addict can understand that. I have to be brutally honest with myself here!

I wish, and have tried, to take them like I'm supposed to and it's pretty impossible. First off, I HAVE to take more than prescribed because they don't work on the pain unless I do. Second, I take even more than I NEED because I like them. I'll take them even if they aren't doing any more for me...Like a bag of potato chips...can't eat just one....gotta have the whole bag-even if I'm full on half a bag.

I even tried having my Mom hold them for me and divvy them out to me. I would find some excuse to have to have more!

I dunno though, after this experience, maybe I could go back to them and try taking 10 a day instead of 15 or 20. I'm gonna have to do something different than what I'm doing if this methadone thing doesn't get better.

I'm glad you replied to me, cuz you really made me think. You should post here more often! I was wondering who you were until I read your post, even
though I haven't been here that long myself....

Keep in touch, don't go away for too long!
Shay

Old 05-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Hey Shay!
Im on pain meds and I am on the patch and hydro...I tried oxy for break thru pain this week but i dont think I like it as well for pain relief. anyhow methadone is TERRIBE it makes you so sleepy...Its a huge side effect that many ppl complain about. Also, Ive found it to be WAY harder to get off or taper than hydro.
you may have to REALLY understand llike I have to that you ONLY have so many a day, girl. Or you may not get anyone to treat you. You must have a super doc, becausde most docs woulkd have taken you off right then or tapered you and given you 2 weeks to get off and then never prescribe to you again.
Pain meds are getting harder to obtain for legitimate pain than ever. go over to the pain mgmnt board and reasd some of our posts there. It hopefully will scare you enough to start taking them as you need, not as you want. Im SO not trying to be naggy or b*tchy, I just want you to get the relief you need, and not get them taken away so you start to doctor shop or get even deeper into this craziness.
Shay, most ppl get alloted 8 per day, of the lorcet you are on. THATS generous even....if you can take 10 or 12 tops, then that maybe should be your goal. 20 a day is going to make you SO tolerant that nothings going to help after awhile. If you can cut down, they will work better for you anyway...and you wont be chasing it all of the time. also, the days you cut down, just think of it as a tad uncomfortable...id rather have that than full blown withdrawls until I could get my meds filled.
No matter how good of doc you have, and mauybe she lets you refill early sometimes, she is still not going to get her practice and liscence taken away for you or any patient.ever. Just be thankful you have a good doc and really tell her youll do better at your hydros...sign a contract if you have to then to get back on...
Again, i really hope youll go over and read some of the horrors on the pain board where ppl HAVE lost their meds, or their docs have cut them off. you can do this! Methadone would be the last thing Id want...ugh...I cant function on it...I am not under contract because I have a doctor patient relatinship with my doc that is brutally honest. Not many are that fortunate. Im on the opposite end as reach, I am a chronic pain patient giving yoou my side, but Reach is correct in what she is telling you.
Hang in there girl! hope to see you over on the pain mgmnt board as well! there are alot of ppl on methadone over there.
xoxoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

p.s. What dose of methadone are you on? That would help me alot to answer some of your questions. Im taking my doggies for a walk but ill be checking back later!

Hidy reach!!!

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 05-27-2007 at 04:31 PM.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:24 PM   #6
(male)

randy6802 HB User
Cool Re: I am soooo frustrated! Can anyone help me understand this?

After 1 month of being clean off fentoyl and oxi i was in my pain that i always have had since my injurys happenend, guess what i took 600 mg of advil and it worked on the pain, enough to get me through work and sleep, no buzz, haha but no pain. Love Randy

Old 05-27-2007, 07:39 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Hey Shay,

I am sorry that you are having such a rough time.

When I transitioned to Methadone it was just that. I weaned of the percocet as I started to take the Methadnone. I would only use the Percs for break through pain and after about two weeks I did not have breakthrough pain any more.

I was told that the Methadone will not work right away. It has to titrate up in your body, that is why the doctor ups the MG's every week or few days. So if you take a piil today it doesnt really work untill 2-3 days later. The reason why you can't take more than is prescribed is because you can OD yourself. It is very important to take them as directed. I don't know how much you are on at this point but give it a chance. If the side effects are to much then maybe you need more time inbetween upping to the next dose.

I know all to much how frustirated that you are but,when you are angry and upset all that does is just make the pain worse. This has been my experience. The Doc also told me this as well. Try to take a bath and relax, or light some candels and watch t v.

I don't know if you are married or what but I hope that you have some support at home. I have managed to do this living alone. My main support was and still is my Mother and she lives 2-1/2 hours away.

Please just give it some time. I will say a prayer for you. Chrissy

Old 05-27-2007, 07:50 PM   #8
(female)

shay4bliss HB User

Hey all,

Thanks for all the help and advice!

Izzy, I'm only taking 30mg of methadone a day! And I take 1 3xday. From what I understand, that's nothing.

Maybe I should explain a couple of things to make it a little more clear of what's been happening. I, unfortunately, am not a stranger to w/d's. First of all, I have "played" with pain meds throughout my life (40). But never actually needed them, and especially for long term. It's been a long time though since I've "abused" hydros for any legnth of time, but I have w/d from them before. Also, Izzy, you were asking about how I managed to have them w/o w/ding or did my doc approve early refills. Well, what's been happening for about 6mos is that I DO run out half the time. I usually taper right before I do, and it's not too bad, plus I know more is coming so my brain doesn't freak out as bad. But I do have w/d's. just easier to deal with.
But this last time I just zoomed through the things without any regard! DUMB!
I also have detoxed from alcohol a bunch of times! I haven't drank in a 1yr 1/2 thank God. I was dying from alcoholism. So I am real familiar with detox and severe w/d symtoms. This going on with meth just doesn't seem like that at all...I dunno. I mean maybe it is, just has a different twist on it cuz of the meth. I mean I usually get comatose, cannot sleep at all, feel I'm dying, throw up, can't eat, get severely dehydrated, on and on and on....
I was even hospitalized twice last year during w/d's for dehydration and other stuff....I just didn't tell them what the deal was.
In fact, that's when things got really bad, was in the hosp. They were giving me i.v. Dilaudid for 2 wks every 3 hours! Talk about "chasing" when I got out! Strongest pain killer there is. (I think)

So I dunno, but I do know that I can't go without some kinda pain meds for awhile after what I 've been through. I mean my injuries. I don't know if anyone remembers I was run over, literally, by a car.

My knee was busted in half by the car bumper. Broke my tibia plateau into pieces. Ran over my torso breaking my pelvis and chiped a vertebrae. Anyway I'm not looking for sympathy or anything-Really-I just feel I should explain because this isn't something you bounce back from quickly...especially my leg. And I have not been able to work this whole time, but I am cleared to work now. There is no way I can start working after not working for 1yr 1/2 without alot of pain. I know because even when I mow the yard or shop for several hours, I am pretty much laid up for a couple of days recouping.

Anyway....not making excuses, believe me! I'll be the first to say I am an addict, and I love the d*mn things!
But here's what I don't get about methadone.
I thought it was supposed to help with pain, and w/d's. But it's not.
They talk about people being addicted to meth as well and the w'd's....w/d's from what...I don't see that there are any w/d's to have. If this is supposed to get people off heroin, why can't it even help with hydro?

Again I say....AARRgggghhh!
I guess I'll have a little chat with the doc. Believe me, I DID NOT want to even start this. But I knew I couldn't keep running outa pills and I needed something for pain and my doc kept saying she thought I should try it.....
I'm scared of the stuff!

Well thanks again, I'll keep yall updated on what happens!
Shay

Old 05-27-2007, 07:55 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Hi Shay~
Chrissy makes a real valid point regarding methadone. You can OD yourself really quickly if you take them the way you used to take the hydro. Very dangerous. After reading some of your threads, IM not sure why youve been i rehab, but if it has to do with pills and taking too many, or too much, Id be scared for you on methadone. Its your choice, Im just trying to answer questions youve raised. If you have been in rehab for hydro, ect, they never had methadone there for you to detox with? Sorry I just have a lot of questions and want to help you. If you decide to get off meds totally, then maybe sub would work for you because it helps with the urges and all...pppl say when they tsake it they have NO desire for the pills.
Oh well, maybe youll post tomorrow and Ill be able to see whats worked for you! Pain pts take sub, too... Having addiction tendencies and being a pain patient takes a TON of willpower.
xoxoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 05-27-2007, 10:03 PM   #10
(female)

shay4bliss HB User

Hey Chrissy and Izzysm,

Thanks for all the infor...Chrissy what you're saying about the meth makes sense and gives me hope....I guess I just need to give it more time...See, I just went straight from hydro to meth....no pills in between for break through. I was reading a web site for a Canandian university medical manual for med students about meth and they were showing conversions and dosages and stuff and they talked about how if a patient's pain is not responding to the meth after 4 or 5 days, that it may be neccessary to add pain meds for break through pain.They said morphine specifically, I guess because (I've heard) you do not feel anything or benefit from hydro. I might tell my doctor about reading that and see if we can try that until I'm adjusted and not having so much pain all the time.I had no idea what titrate was til you told on your post Chrissy.

I guess I wasn't very clear on my post, Izzysm. I was taking 15-20 10mg of hydro.....I'm scared to death of meth! I started out the first couple of days on 20mg and went to 30mg and I told my doc that I really did not want to go any higher than that. Izz, I'm even scared to take Advil for breakthrough pain! I only take 1 10mg every 8 hours. Meth is just something I would not mess around with so don't worry!

But I have another question for both of you. How come people using meth for maintenance, to stay off heroin or ppain meds take their whole dose for the day at once in the morning? I mean some of those people are taking 50mg-120mg all at once, you know at the meth clinics. Why do you take it throughout the day for pain? How did you take yours Chrissy?

Oh and Izzysm, I was in rehabs so many times for alcoholism, but never for pain meds. About 15yrs ago I abused hydro for about 4 years...I didn't need it for pain. I quit c/t then. The other times I've "played" around with it as I call it was here and there throughout the years for maybe months or weeks at a time...just as long as I could get them or afford them. But alcohol was the biggie with me and I was probably in detox and rehabs about 12-15 times...Not proud of that at all...I was so bad I could hold down a .045 , almost 6x's the legal limit. The majority of people would definately die at that amount. But I drank so much that it didn't phase my body at all in that way...I would just totally black out and not remember at all days, weeks, even years ./.. I never ate, and drank absolutely all day and night every single day...very bad...I'm very lucky to be alive! God wants me here, he must. And it is through his grace and power that I am here today and do not have any physical or mental damage from years of this. I, by all earthly terms and scientific knowledge I should not be alive many times over.

So that's my story...kinda conveluted, but I think ya'll can piece it together for the most part....of course there's alot more whens, hows, whys..but you got the jest of it all.

I'm really glad to have you guys!
I think yall will be understanding and hopefully not judgemental. I don't tell that story too often in that much detail. Things are totally different now, even taking the hydro.

Shay

Old 05-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Hi Shay!!!
Im just getting up to bed...my son is gone to his dads, and hubby is giving me the DREADED look...LMAO!!!!! i mean I need to spend some time with him!
BUT I am glad you posted, and i will read all of your posts tomorrow!!!
tons of xoxoxoxox,
Hng in there girlie!
IZZY'SMOM

Old 05-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

maggie0704 HB User

Hey!
I wrote to u a few times regarding me taking Methadone a few yrs. ago.
I see that u say that u need to be on some sort of pain med. for chronic pain, and if that is true, than why would u need to detox off the methadone at all? Are u planning on staying on it long term for pain management?
It sounds like due to all of the injuries, u will need to be on something and your dr. has chosen the methadone for that.
I know what u mean about why do they put heroin addicts on meth. if they are just going to have to detox off the meth. afterwards. I don't know, maybe it is bcuz when they use it for detox off meth., they do it for only a small amt. of time, and then when they decide to come off the meth., they do it very very slowly.
I do know that i was on only 30mgs of methadone a day, and i was extremely ill coming off of it. That was enough for me to lose an additional 10lbs. from the diarhhea, have terrible body aches, not sleep for about 1month, be foggy-headed for about 1 mo., and chills at night, anxiety for 1mo., etc.....
So yes, even if u are on a small amt., it can still be hard to get off of, bcuz it is the hardest drug to get off of.
But if it is for pain management, then your dr. would want u to take it for long term right??

Old 05-28-2007, 07:57 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

mamabug HB User

Hi Shay,

The reason I started reading this board is because I was doing the same thing with my hydros that you are doing. I'd get 120 for the month and they'd be gone in a week. I gave them to my neighbor at one point and then realized how badly I was abusing them.

I asked her for my bottle back and of course, afraid of ruining a friendship, she returned them to me. This opened my eyes and I knew I had to do something. My PM doc has me on 60mg 2x per day of the long acting morphine. This is what helps the pain more than anything. I am allowed 4 hydros/day. I have found that taking more hydros does absolutely NOTHING for my pain.

I have started putting all my meds in a cup each morning. Putting them in a med dispenser did not work for me. Once my cup is empty, I'm s------d. I have learned to take them as needed by following this practice. Most days I don't take all my hydros because they help pretty much zip. If I spend two hours on a trip to Walmart (it's quite a jaunt from my house) I will pop one or two when I get home. When I clean I usually take one or two. Just knowing that when I take more they don't make much of a difference has helped me.

"They" (whoever they are, usually chronic pain patients) like to pretend that if you are taking opiates for pain you are simply dependent and not an addict. You and I and most of the people on this board know that we are lying to ourselves if we believe this. There is no way to take this amount of opiates and not be addicted. We just need to be careful not to abuse them.

I am wondering if you PM doc had you on any long-acting meds before she tried the methadone? I am not familiar with lorcet.

If you are still reading this novel, what I am trying to say is that I have done the same thing you have done. I have experienced w/d's and it is horrible. I admire anybody who gets off and stays off these meds. However, if it is necessary for pain you must find a system that works for you not to abuse them.

Hugs
MB

Old 05-28-2007, 07:48 PM   #14
(female)

shay4bliss HB User

Hey all,

Thanks for all the input!
So much of what many of you are saying is stuff I had heard rumored, but didn't know if it was the truth or not. Like about horrible w/d's, and being tired and stuff.....I guess I keep hoping someone will say "Oh methadone was the best thing I ever did! There are no side affects, it's a breeze to come off of and it's just like taking hydro, but you don't get addicted!!!!!!" Yeah Right! Ha!Ha~wishful thinking on my part!!!! Wouldn't that be nice though!

I just didn't think GOING ON IT would be so bad! That's what surprises me!

Maggie~
I have seen your other posts about your meth experience. Does not sound like it was very fun! I can't believe you were only on 30mgs like me. I can't imagine what other people on higher doses go through. The only thing I can figure about even putting anyone on this is that it is not so destructive to your life while you're on it like hydro or heroin. And SUPPOSEDLY it is supposed to keep the cravings for both drugs at bay. I have yet to see that for myself! It's making me feel like you do when hydro is wearing off and you start to get real sleepy and you just want to pop a few more for a pick me up.
Did it make you quit craving? I read on some web-site that the insurance co.'s are pushing docs and hosp to prescribe methadone for pain instead of common narcotics because it is so cheap. The ins co's of course do not want to pay out on anything they don't have to, so this evidently, is the new trend in healthcare. Sounds right if ya think about it. Five years ago you never heard anyting about methadone except with heroin users. I was really surprised to see all the people with methadone experience here the first time I started reading the posts. I don't really know what my docs plan is with the meth...long term or what. As far as why she wanted to do this....I just think she kinda felt I was on hydro too long and knew I was "attached" to them and it seems meth is not as addictive or destructive, plus I think they (the docs) want to be careful with their DEA #. and there's the insurance issue. I would much rather try long acting drugs like Mama B was talking about...I think I'd do alot better with that. I will just take it if it's there...if I had a patch, I don't think I'd be able to abuse or have the urge to as bad.

Mama-B~
I swear, I have tried every game in the book with myself to try not to take more hydros than I'm supposed to. It'll work for a month or two, then it's back to the same ol' thing. If I could actually take them at all like they're prescribed, I wouldn't even be here! HaHa! I think I'd have to have a dispenser with a time lock on it! I sure can't discipline myself. But ya know, I have noticed when I do put some aside, seperately from the others, like you say you're doing, I do tend to take a little less. Also if you break them in half, it feels like you're taking more than you are. Another trick! I personally don't think anyone, I don't care who ya are, will get physically dependent at the least, after using narcotics for a month or two. I don't think everyone gets full blown addicted and can't live without them like I have. But the body is very sensitive to narcotics even when a person is not a general addict. You are so right though, I DO HAVE TO find something that works better than what I've been doing, because I do actually need the stupid things right now because I have legitimate pain. Believe me though, it does not take pain to make me just want to take the things for no reason at all...done that a miliion times in my life. That's what's so bad about abusing them, when you really do need them, you have an extrodinary tolerance, and just plain like them and they don't work efficiently.
Anyway, I got a novel going here myself! Oh and btw: No my doc, and she's just a regular doc, not a PM, has never had me on long term drugs. And Lorcet is just another name for Norco basically....10mg hydro/ 650 acetemenophen...Norco only has 325mg acetem....(I think) I don't remember really hearing your story about what's going on with you and the meds currently...I tend to get everyone mixed up though. I try to keep everyone straight, but it's hard sometimes with all the stories. I definately can relate the most to what you have told me, and Maggie and Izzy's stories.

It's funny how similar so many stories are with EVERYBODY. Very paralell with each other!
Gotta get my little stinker in the bed! I have been trying to write this post for about 3 hours! I keep getting side tracked with crayons, yelling, matchbox cars and america's funniest videos!
Look forward to hearing from everyone soon!
Take care!
Shay...

Old 05-28-2007, 08:16 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Shay,

When I got put on methadone I was told by the PM Doc. that it was a longer acting drug. I don't really know about if it helpsw for the craving of the Vic's and Perc's but I do know that if I had to do it all over again I would.
I hated the side effects but for me Methadone really took the pain away. Part of the reason for going on it was to break the pain cycle. I can't really explain that, but the Doc did explain it to me a bunch of time.
It is very tricky though, like I explained in my other post, you really need to follow the doc's and the perscriptions directions. Not to mention I had to sign that contract statinig I would only see him and only use one pharmacy.

Anyway you will figure out what works for you. Everyone is different?
Chrissy

Closed Thread