It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Help!! I am still so sick! No Methadone since Sunday Night!

Hi everyone.

I can't believe how sick I am. I have even been to the ER Yesturday. I got pumped full of fluids and antinause stuff and Ativan in my IV. When I got up this morning I felt okay with a slight nausea. I ate an english Muffin and took the meds for the morning. Actually I took the anti nausea stuff before anything else!
I took a shower and fiddled around the house and then out of no where I just got sick to my stomach. I mean like it came with a vengence! This went on for about 2 hours. The nurse case manager came by to see me this morning and decided that it be best to ony try to take the anti nausea stuff and a valium so I was not so jerky and tensed up. I did that at about 11 am with some ice chips. I did not exactly swallow them just put them under my tounge one at a time untill they disolved. Yucky!

I slept and woke up every so often and took a bite of a cracker and some ice chips and then slept again. My mom called and I realized it was 4pm so I tried to take another anti nausea med and that came right back up along with the crackers.
I now have made a call to the doc for the up the you know where kind of anti nausea stuff.
I am so depressed, this stuff can't possibly be in my system still? Can It?
This is almost worse than when I detoxed off of MEthamphetamines. But that was gone from my system in like four days I was like new.
I just want to eat real food! The thought of crakers and broth just disgust me. Ice chips suck!
There is only one thing that has stayed down as weird as it sounds and that is ice cream. DOn't know why.
Well my sponsor is on the way to the store to pick up the supositories (YUCK)
some broth and yes of course Ice cream.
I am in school right now, and online class but I am totally behind in my reading. It really is hard to read when your that sick especially history stuff.

So how long do you think this is going to continue? DO you guys think it is still in my system? I know it has the longest half life ever!
I know I won't die or anything but at some point I gotta be able to drink a full glass of water without haing it come back up. ALl together I was I the Methadone for about4 months and before that I was on some type of opiate for about two years.
Need a break guys.
I need some words of encouragemnet because the tears are coming and I am so sad right now and I want to go to a meeting and see my friends. I did have a cool e-mail and call from a lady today, she said eveyone misses me at the meeting.
I am crying right now so I gotta go....Chrisssy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2007, 06:58 PM   #2
(female)

shay4bliss HB User
Re: Help!! I am still so sick! No Methadone since Sunday Night!

Hey Chrissy,

I am so glad to hear from you, but sorry you are so sick. Yes, from what I've read and heard this is all normal. When I went off that meth only after 11 days (I think), I was sick and I had Hydro...so go figure! I mean, nothing like you're talking about, but it took exactly 5 days to feel the hydro, and not be sick to my stomach...

For you, it's probably gonna be longer. How long has it been now? Just hang in there...please...it's gonna be over real soon. I know you're sicker now, but just think how sick you were for 5 weeks! This will prob be gone in about 10 days....strictly a guess!

You're doing so well, just hang in there! I swear, I think librium would be better to detox off this stuff...just a feeling.
I can't believe you were able to put valium under your tongue! That's some nasty stuff! blahph!

Ya know something I've heard forever? That water can actually make you more naseaous......(however you spell that)....that you should actually drink like gatorade or something like it. Icecream always helps my upset stomachs....kinda coats the stomach.

Hang in there girl!
Shay

Old 06-22-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Hi Chrissy!

The post by reach on another thread helps to put our pain and suffering in to another perspective, huh? It is such a powerful thread.

You, like me, probably have a lot of mu-opiate receptors in the spinal column and brain. The result is that detox and recovery are more difficult than they are for the average Joe. Just the other day, a poster with a pretty substantial vicodin habit went CT, and had only a whisper of withdrawal! Life is not fair!

Look at how close you are, Chrissy. Saturday, statistically, should be peak day and it will only get better from that point on, right?

You are sooo close! A little more misery and good days will come. Like me, when you look back on this, it will seem like a bad dream. But, for every pill that I took, there was a price to pay. Your situation is different because you never "enjoyed" the high; you were thrown into this chemcial prison by circumstance.

God bless, my friend. You will soon be coming out of the woods into the brilliant sun; you will trimble from the whisper of fragrance from fresh blossoms, and the magnificant trees, their branches reaching for the sky, their leaves singing and whirling in the wind. Oh such joy in the creation! The beauty of it is yours, mine, everbody's.

Stay strong,

Mike

Old 06-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Question Re: Help!! I am still so sick! No Methadone since Sunday Night!

Thanks so much guys,

I did read that other post. It was very powerful. I have seen some of Reach's post in another area and she is an amazing woman. She knows what she is talking about and has such a considerate way of putting her words out there. Gotta respect and admire her for all she has been through and done for herself and for others. I hope she reads this! If not I might just have to tell her in another thread.

As for me...you guys are so good. I need you guys today and everyday. Even after this yucky stuff is over. I will still be here onthis board reaching out.
I had to do the suppositiry thing and yes as unpleasant as it is I really think it helped. I have only a slight bit of nausea at the moment. Mike did you get all sad and weapy when you went through this? Or anyone else for that mater?
I just keep thinking why did I let my self get here? But inside I know I took the prescriptions the way they were meant to be taken and I know it is not my fault. They really did help me as much as I dis liked them they were all that would help for me to be able to continue to go to school and have some level of comfort through all the pain, surgeries and procedures etc.

I am just going to have to be sad right now and if it means crying than cool with that. Please keep up with the pep talks cause I really need the encouragement right now! One big ball of ick and emotion.....Chrissy

Last edited by skych; 06-22-2007 at 08:28 PM.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #5
(female)

shay4bliss HB User

Hey Chrissy!

Duh me! I just noticed your post's title said you haven't had the meth since Sunday...and now I can remember sitting here posting you on Sunday watching a bio (kind of a bit of a stretch for a word) of Anna N Smith....oddly enough!
Talk about sad and pitiful!

Anyway, just like Mike said you are nearing a week, which is the peak period for w/ding here and you are just almost out of the woods!

You have such a good head on your shoulders!You are gonna do fine...just keep on doing what you're doing! Remember...this is TEMPORARY...and not the way it's always gonna be. And keep thinking like you are about facing this pain head on....surpass it, overcome it...that you can control....and the pain you are more powerful than, unlike the drug!

Please keep us posted! Okay?!
You are really a work in progress and when I get there I will certainly be re-reading your posts and progress and looking to you for help!
Shay

Old 06-22-2007, 09:50 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Shay:

I feel kind of emotional tonight and have the urge to gush, gush, gush. Isn't that pitiful? Shay, how can I ever repay you for what you have done? These boards don't let us get too personal, so here, provided it is legal, is a great big cyber hug from me.

I will most likely never be able to help you as you did me. Thank you.

Hug, hug.

Now you are here for Chrissy. So much compassion for others... you are a curiosity.

Mike

Last edited by mk7657; 06-22-2007 at 09:55 PM.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #7
(female)

shay4bliss HB User

Hey Mike,

You just so happened to catch me before turning in...just saw you just now posted...

Thanks for the compliments...I never know how I'm coming off. Sometimes I really can come off too forward and other times, cant' get my words together and ramble not making one bit of sense, and sometimes my mother creaps into my being and that we certainly do not want! A curiosity huh? hmmm wonder what that means?

So what's going on? Why so emotional? Just the normal? w/d related? Have you figured out yet your 'triggers'. Sometimes we just can't avoid the emotions...and we shouldn't really...but sometimes we have little things that trigger them and when that happens it's not always a positive thing because we can really get stuck in them. It's good to pay attention to what might set these things off and avoid them.
You know what I mean?
There's a good way of facing emotions, but when triggered they can lead to old ways....

And don't you ever think for one minute that you won't or don't or can't help me....in about 2 months I'm gonna really need you...I already do....I stop everything when I see you've posted to see what great things you have to say...not just to me...to everyone. You always hit on something I need to hear!

In fact, what am I talking about? I'm gonna need you asap! Haven't shared this yet, but I'm going back to the hydros on Monday....can't deal with this fentenyl....as you know my story, I can't w/d and RECOVER right now...there's just no way. Besides everything, I know when I quit I'm gonna have to tell my doc so she can help me, and once I do, that's it. It's in my file at the county hospital! There will be no doc shoping for me! So I'd better be serious!

So don't you go underestimating the power you have with me! You will get sick of me!
You're my bud!
Shay

Old 06-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

I am weak tonight. I drank some wine before bed, and am feeling a buz.

It is a moment of weakness, and I can't let it carry through. Tonight has to be it or the risk of relapse is very probable.

I hope that Chrissy pulls through. I believe that she has a good chance because she is very determined.

Your friend for life,

Mike

Last edited by mk7657; 06-22-2007 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

Old 06-22-2007, 10:32 PM   #9
(female)

shay4bliss HB User

Hey Mike,

I'm sorry you're feeling in the dumps tonight. I did the 3 minute thing you suggested...it works!

Hope you are feeling better soon

Sometimes writing helps!

Your bud,
Shay

Old 06-22-2007, 10:54 PM   #10
(female)

shay4bliss HB User

Mike,,

You are worrying me! Do you want to say what's going on? I don't like the way you are talking....you've come so far! Remeber all the bad stuff....the wine is only masking everything....we have a hard enough time drudging all the horrible memories of using up, much less when wine is involved!

I'm so tired I don't feel like I know exactly what to say to make things better. If you could elaborate more, I might could help out. This is just a temporary thing...you are gonna have to start all over....and it's so much worse everytime.....

Besides...I need you! Your recovery expertise!

Ahh I don't even know what to say.
Why don't you do what you were talking about earlier? I will be there for you. Okay? You should be able to by now Only 3 minutes remember?
I got it!
HUGS
Shay

Old 06-22-2007, 10:57 PM   #11
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Great!!

I hope that Chrissy doesn't think that were hijacking her thread.

Chrissy, this is about you, and I know that you will be successful. You have been in preperation for a long time, and you have taken action; you mind is ready. You WILL be triumphant!

Mike

Old 06-22-2007, 11:09 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Shay:

As a smoker, I know that relapse can happen. But, did it weaken my resolve. NO. I smoked a cig and moved on. Currently, I'm not gobbling up pills trying to find that false sense of joy. Tommorrow will be the test. Do I relapse or continue with recovery. My will is strong, shay, I will be back in recovery tommorrow. To make sure that you believe me, I will post in the morning (with a slight hangover) that I didn't relapse. Or did I and am in denial. The vicodin, BTW, are gone. I gave them to my brother-in-law. He didn't waste any time taking the pills away, HaHa.

Mike

Old 06-22-2007, 11:16 PM   #13
(female)

shay4bliss HB User

Mike,

Do you also understand my post...about your suggestion and how you would be around for 3 minutes? I took you up on it...check it out!

You know I've been so depressed on this fentenyl that I haven't even checked my emails until tonight!!! But there were lots to delete, but I wrote a few too....
Hopefully I will surely get my regular meds Monday and be a bit more of myself...I'm so gripey on this stuff!

Shay

Old 06-22-2007, 11:20 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

kadee HB User

Mike- can you please go outside into the nite, look under the moon and the stars and tell yourself how fortunate you are, Say a lil prayer, for you, for us..don't let us down.....Jesus has already sacrificed that..

Chrissy - I am copyin and pasting some information, I hope will be of somewhat of a help for you.I am so sorry you are`experiencing this madness.'this malady.

"Meth blocks the reuptake process for dopamine for approximately 12 hours. It takes this long for the body to break meth down. During this time the body's natural protection mechanism spends all 12 hours destroying dopamine in the brain. (It is a reaction to being flooded with dopamine, and is a natural process within everyone's brain.)

Normally, the reuptake process catches most of the dopamine and recycles it. The MAO process usually does not have time to destroy a lot of dopamine, and is only there as a safe guard to the human.

So for meth, because it blocks the reuptake process, and because it takes hours to break down, this destruction of dopamine goes on for HOURS and usually, with continued use, DAYS.

With cocaine it goes on for mere minutes.

Is this a bit of help
kadee

Old 06-22-2007, 11:41 PM   #15
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Good night, my good friends.

This is the latest I have been up for a long time...

Sleep tight and have wonderous dreams!

Your friend,

Mike

Closed Thread