It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User
Checking in.

Hi guys and gals. Just a quick "check in" to let you know that I am still doing well. The mind can WANDER sometimes, but I have not fallen. I was away for about a week without any internet, so I apologize if I missed anything. I will try to be better about responding. It is crazy that it has been almost 2 months without anything at all in my system. I was around some guys the other day that were all talking about using "percs" and was very tempted to ask for one. I didnt and felt very good about it. Another milestone met. It does get easier as time goes on. Cravings get less and you start to forget. Forgetting is what got me in trouble last time and the time before that! I am glad to see and hear that you all are getting by and continuing to fight the fight. 4th of july will be fun and sober.

D

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2007, 04:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Checking in.

Meddguy!

So very, very good to hear your great check-in. great job on facing the challenge of taking a perc and not doing it. You know what? I can almost quarantee that even one percocet would make you feel ill at this point. Uh, not to test the waters with this observation, okay? Just take it on faith! Chuckles.

Meddguy, something that has happened for me: I don't think or not think about taking meds anymore. Oh, I have a healthy strong memory NOT to take opiates or benzos, but do not think I will ever do so. Not just for fun anyway. I just know it is not something that can ever be part of an agenda for me ever again and my life is just cruising right along in a n opoate, no benzo mode. So while we can never forget in the sense that we must ALWAYS be aware of our issues, the not using drugs, somewhere along the line, becomes just a natural part of our daily rhythm. At least this is what has happened for me. I think it has for many others also.

Enjoy the 4th. Independence Day, indeed, for so many of us, huh? Hurrah!!

From the red, white and blueberry patch
reach

Last edited by reachout; 07-03-2007 at 04:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2007, 07:40 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Meddguy...

Wow...It is so nice to hear that you are still doing so well!!! Good for you for not taking a perc

Yes I too forget about things. I think we all do.

I am glad to hear that you are doing well and looking forward to this holiday sober.

I am just going to lay low around my pool with a friend after the noon meeting and then tonight tidy the house and pack for the trip to the weddng.
Nothing special.

Keep up the good work....Chrissy

Old 07-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

coder HB User

Hey Meddguy,
Great to see you are doing well. As you may remember, we both started our detox on exactly the same day. So, like you, I am approaching the 2 month mark clean. It's funny you mentioned about being tempted the other day by the percocet. Just a couple days ago, I had someone at my work offer me a couple hydros. This was an innocent gesture by a well-meaning co-worker who knows about my chronic neck pain (but is unaware of the addiction issues). I can honestly say that I have had ZERO cravings to use the drug since I quit (other than wanting ANYTHING to relieve my pain)....but when this was offered to me, my mind started racing. All those addictive thoughts immediately filled my head: "Just a couple will not hurt anything; Surely I am no longer addicted....etc etc". But I had the presence of mind to turn down the drugs and maintain my sobriety.
How are you feeling physically? I am still suffering from the general "blahs"....not feeling at all like my old self. I keep waiting for the day that I wake up and actually look forward to living again, instead of this feeling like I am going through the motions. Let me know how you are doing and what, if anything, you found helped your physical and emotional state.

Take care and keep in touch!

Lou

Old 07-05-2007, 06:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Hi again --lou --I have found that the emotions come and go. I was on a real high for a bit and now I am kind of in a funk again. Its weird, your mind tells you that you need something to yourself out of it. I was doing so well, so it kind of bums me out that I feel this way right now. It could be the weather also. The sun is not out and the forecast is grime! We are still clean tough! That is a great thing. Day by day. Love to all

D

Closed Thread