It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 02:30 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

isitme HB Userisitme HB User
How does heroin make you feel?

It may seem a silly question, but I've be told it just makes you 'sleepy'.
It seems alot of money to pay to just feel sleepy for a while.
Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:41 AM   #2
(female)

2fast HB User
Re: How does heroin make you feel?

I hope you're not planning on finding out yourself. I understand being curious, I've been there and gotten into trouble like many of us here. I never tried it and never will because:

1. I don't want to just feel sleepy.
2. I've learned just how basd my addictive personality is.
3. The movie Train Spotting scared me out of EVER touching it. It's a good movie to watch if you've never done H. before. I think if everyone saw it first, there would be very few people on H.

2fast

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2007, 06:26 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

hi. i know you are asking because you want to know what it is that your son is feeling when he takes it.
first of all i need to tell you that it all depends on the type of person you are. most of us, who are addicts, will experience a rush when we first take it. i would get a great mind buzz, body buzz and a rush of adrenaline that gave me more energy. my house was spotless !!!! i would stay up all night baking cookies, cleaning, etc etc. the more years i took it though, the more it became just a matter of getting enough in me to feel normal, and not be sick. its a horrible, horrible merry-go-round. thats why its so hard to get off. once you experience the sickness from not having any it is so bad that you'll do almost anything to get more and not feel the horrible wretching, body aches, diahreah (sp?) and vomiting....
i dont know what else to tell you but that it takes a strong conviction to get help and get off. and stay off. because it's not only the drug that's addicting, its the lifestyle.
addicts spend their entire lives trying to fill this giant "hole in our soles". nothing seems to be able to fill it up except for drugs. we need to find a replacement. we cant just stop drugs, and not fill that empty space up with something. thats why the 12 step groups are so successful at helping us.
just be there for you son when he seeks help. be his support. he will need it.
i wish you all the Blessings God has to bestow on you and your son.
please keep us posted.

michelle

Old 07-09-2007, 01:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

isitme HB Userisitme HB User

That was my point - you take the drug because it gives you a high, a buzz. It DOESN'T make people just sleepy. I don't understand why he would say that. It just doesn't make sense!!!

Closed Thread