It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 05:20 AM   #1
(male)

Marengo HB User
Clonazepam: arbitrary dosage and sublingual administration

Hi, I've been on Clonazepam for almost 2 months now, but before that I took it on a regular basis, ~2 years ago, for about 1,5 years, as a support med for a SSRI antidepressant treatment.

Question is, I've been using it quite randomly, sometimes I take six 0,5 pills a day, and sometimes I only take two. On weekends I usually don't have any. Sometimes I take three pills on a row, just to get the buzz.

I suppose I'm starting to abuse on clonazepam? How threatening is that? On the last days it feels like a tolerance has developed, although from what I've read, tolerance is minimal with clonazepam.

And I've been trying sublingual administration, in order to bypass the gastrointestinal tract metabolism, loss of drug and to get a quicker effect. First I started with the proper 0,25 sublingual tablets, but now I'm doing it on the regular 0,5 oral pills. Is this method of any worth at all? Is it less harmful for the liver or any other organ in any way?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited by Marengo; 08-07-2007 at 05:23 AM.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Clonazepam: arbitrary dosage and sublingual administration

Hello Marengo

Welcome to the Addiction and Recovery Board.

Honey, you are especially welcome ... you have a serious problem going on. Misuse and abuse of drugs of any kind is a serious problem and you are doing both! It is time to get the act together and here is a giood place to start. Many have gone befor you in cleaning up the act with opiates, benzos and alcohol. It is a very dzangerous path to follow and lead only to physical and emotional destruction.. our own and all those involved in any degree at all with us.

I don't know about using oral tablets under the tongue. Truthfully, I wouldn't share if I did... it is an abuse of the drug and what it was prescribed to help you with. It was to help with anxiety, niot prescribed to get a buzz.

Clonazepam is a benzo. It depresses the breathing sustem as well as calming the nerves. You are setting yourself up for a self-induced heart attack. Benzos also bring us down (downers?). Overusing them is self-defeating if we are on an SSRI to help with depression. It is counteracting the SSRI the way you are using them.

The situation is not a matter of tolerance. It is a matter of addiction and addictive behaviour. If you can recognize and accept this, then we can help you here. We can help you to understand addiction and how it applies to you. Then it will be possible to straighten out your life here! Yes, there is much hope in doing so, but it all starts with acceptance of a serious problem in the thinking.

Come back and share some more.

reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread