It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
(female)

lilacs4me HB User
been lurking....finally time to say HI

Hello. I am not going to tell my story yet. I just wanted to introduce myself...I have been coming onto this website for a few weeks now..on a daily basis...finally today i decided to register for an account so that I could post and reply to posts etc. I am a really private person and not real social...so this is very new to me.
I find all your posts so inspiring. I sometimes cant wait to go online to see whats going on with everyones battles...how everyones will power is...how tapering is going...lol...
All i will say now is i am 32 yr old mother of 2...wife...and have a bad addiction problem...beene going on for about 2 years.
Anyways...hope to make some friends...offer support and also obtain some support!

Old 09-19-2007, 04:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
Re: been lurking....finally time to say HI

Lilacs-
Welcome to the boards, and thank you for trusting the people here enough to introduce yourself and tell a bit about your story. It takes courage to be able to admit an addiction- even to strangers.

Please, if you are comfortable, tell us more about you. If you are not comfortable with that, then continue to come here and read as well as post as you are able. I hope you will be able to trust everyone here enough to open up eventually, because when you do you will find so much support and encouragement.

I will tell you that my husband has battled and overcome two separate addictions and is a much better person for it. He battled addiction to coke many, many years ago, and several years ago battled alcohol addiction. He has been totally clean, dry & sober for a very long time now.

Just know that everyone here cares about you and your situation. Nice meeting you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2007, 06:08 AM   #3
(female)

lilacs4me HB User

hey thanks ozzy for the warm welcome! seems like a friendly community around here.
I just recently admitted that my addiction is a problem.
I was enjoying the percs and oxys too much to admit that there was anything wrong with what i was doing. I now know there is and i am exploring my options for getting off these things.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello Lilac

Good to see you posting. It is the beginning of the emergence from adddiction into a real and normal life again. It can become a reality for us. It took me nearly a year to get off oxycodone and then Xanax; a rough ride, but I have come out of it whole annd healthy and happy again. Hope you stick with the board as you begin your own journey.

As I think you will find in black and white here, it is only with a solid plan to first come off, and then stay off, that we can be successful. It takes not only tremendous determination, but a heck of a lot of support systems in place. I worked with my doctors, a clinical social worker, the board here, and my fqamily and friends. Without this large system of support, I do not see it would have been possible for me.

The Sample Home Detox, one of the first threads on this board, is a great source of info for helpful things no matter how we decide to detox and withdraw.

Good wishes to you
reach

Old 09-19-2007, 01:24 PM   #5
(female)

lilacs4me HB User

Thanks REACHOUT..I appreciate your words of encouragement and advice, and I do plan on sticking around this community board. I need help and I will also give whatever help I can to others....which right now may not be much in the way of knowledge of quitting...but certainly encouragement to others whenever I can!

Last edited by lilacs4me; 09-19-2007 at 01:30 PM.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #6
(male)

acaptainn HB User

welcome an trust me your NOT alone in this thing, youve made the right 1st step,,have u stopped or tried to stop b4?

Old 09-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #7
(female)

lilacs4me HB User

well...i had a short term addiction (8 months) a couple years ago to percs...and quit when i went into the hospital to have a surgery...i was in for 6 nights...it was a major surgery....so i am not sure if i had withdrawals or if it was recovery or what lol...now since i have been pill popping again i can say NO i havent put any effort into quitting as of yet. I have ran out and been unable to get my hands on percs or oxys but the longest they have been unavailable to me has been approx 24 hours....which was hell!!
I have had other addictions in my life that i have quit that made me suffer with withdrawals....my benzo addiction back about 5 years ago.. i didnt think i was gonna EVER quit that one. i felt dead for a long time even after a fairly slow taper...i am such a wimp with withdrawals...and such welcome mat to addictions.....
so yeah...i am ready to quit. i am trying to put together my 1st plan of action. from what i see on these boards...likely there will be 2nd plans and 3rd plans and 4th plans lol

Old 09-21-2007, 05:04 AM   #8
(male)

acaptainn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacs4me View Post
well...i had a short term addiction (8 months) a couple years ago to percs...and quit when i went into the hospital to have a surgery...i was in for 6 nights...it was a major surgery....so i am not sure if i had withdrawals or if it was recovery or what lol...now since i have been pill popping again i can say NO i havent put any effort into quitting as of yet. I have ran out and been unable to get my hands on percs or oxys but the longest they have been unavailable to me has been approx 24 hours....which was hell!!
I have had other addictions in my life that i have quit that made me suffer with withdrawals....my benzo addiction back about 5 years ago.. i didnt think i was gonna EVER quit that one. i felt dead for a long time even after a fairly slow taper...i am such a wimp with withdrawals...and such welcome mat to addictions.....
so yeah...i am ready to quit. i am trying to put together my 1st plan of action. from what i see on these boards...likely there will be 2nd plans and 3rd plans and 4th plans lol
WELL some take more than one shot at it, but not all i,ll be hoping you can do it the 1st time.
My advise would be to do it on a taper (if possible ) rather than cold turkey.

I would also suggest N/A,for me it is very beneficial( go to different meetings till you find one thats comfy for you) goodluck !

Closed Thread