It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
(male)

rancidskater428 HB User
opiate addiction please help me with this question

i have a question that i can not figure out for my self i am a 22 year old male musican i tour alot of my life and what not and have addiction problems , my question is ive been doing opiates for almost 3 years now and everyday i do them never miss a dose every 6 hours , i mainly do loer tabs i take 12 10's blue watsons when i wake up and every six hours i repeat that , recently ive been goin to oxy 40s bc its cheaper for me to get high , i see all these people talking about death on them is it really that easy to die on these ? honstly i did 5 oc 40s when i woke up today at 11 am and at 6 pm i blew 5 more , i mean i feel good im not sick at all and i dont feel really that bad from it . i dont mix drugs with them at all or drink , does it matter on tolerance for death causes ? because im very scared cause i cant stop cold turkey but i dont wana die tonight either someone with some advice how i can be sure to be safe while i get high untill i can come to stop , i have alot of money cause of the music bussiness and i can afford my habbit as of now , im very confused about all this death talk i never really new it was so dangerous i never feel bad or puke or even get that sick off them , the withdrawl is horrible so i dont ever stop but how do i know if im overdosing ? i need some knowledge on it so i can be safe if i am goin to get high thanks to all who repsond

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2007, 08:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User
Re: opiate addiction please help me with this question

you know you have took to much when your cold,no pulse,and not breathing.in other words you know you have took to much when you are dead.dont worry about oding, you need to worry bout gettin clean off this junk.if you think its bad know give it 10yrs and see if your still around.the money wont last long i promise you that.you got a pretty large habit in the making and it will just get bigger the more you use.out on the road is fun and im sure alot of drugs are around,but imo opiates are the worst of the worst to get addicted to.it will be there the rest of your life.its the hardest drug to get off of.i would take meth,coke,anything and trade it for my addiction to opiates.they are alot easier to get clean from.opiates change the brain and noone knows for sure if it is ever the same again after bein clean for yrs.your in a tight spot but now is the time to do something about it.goodluck-spark

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
(female)

gabbygrace HB User

Let me tell you a little story.I had a friend who was eating lortabs like they were candy.I have no idea how many he took in a day but he couldn't function without them.He had taken them so long that it was the only way he could get going in the morning.He was always high and if you didn't know him you wouldn't know any different.He ran out one time for a couple of days and he was a nightmare to be around,let me tell you.
He didn't want to do anything.He wouldn't talk, he wouldn't bath, he just lived till he could get his next script filled or however he got them.Once he got them oh he was back to his old "fun lovin" self.
Well,one time he ate them all day and when anyone would mention the amount he was taking he just said "it's ok,I have a tolerance for them".
Well, I guess his "tolerance" ran out cause one morning he didn't get up at the usual time and we found him.It was not anything I would like to see happen to someone else.
So please,the amount your taking is lethal and your going to to wind up either like my friend or your blood pressure is going to cause you to have a stroke or something else.
My friend, you better open your eyes and see the road your heading down and get some help, before it's too late.
Gabby

Old 09-27-2007, 09:59 PM   #4
(male)

mlfoley HB User

rancodskater428,
I'm a 17 year junkie and I've done all the things you're doing now. My tolerance for the hydos, oxys, oxycotin (hillblly heroin) was just as high as you. I don't think the opiates are going to get you but what the pills are cut with ie. tylenol. 1 gram of tylenol will shut down your liver in 6 hrs. Then your dead. There's no way to get your liver going again.

You need to admit to a Dr. you've got a problem and get help: treatment,
counceling, Suboxone, support groups, etc. I'm sorry buddy that's how it works and I'll pray and pull for you but if I knew you personally I'd be watching the paper for your obit. Please get some help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peace.
mlfoley

Old 09-27-2007, 10:06 PM   #5
(male)

rancidskater428 HB User

well to tell u the truth the reason im so worried now is i blew 5 oc 40s since 630 tonight i just been reading all this **** online and its got me paranoid im gonna die now and my high is ruined and im scared and pacing , do u think ill die tonight ? is it easier or harder to die if i have a tolerance ? and is oxy better then hydros for ur body cause theres no tylenol , also the last thing is why do must people die on oxys is at a mix of coke or alchol with them or is it simply just the oc ? thank you all so much im actually setting a planner for myself on how im weening off these starting at 7 am tomrow im gonn cut down 10 mg a day untill gone ! but im doing 400 - 500 a day now is that un heard of ? or do other people use that amount also thank you .

Old 09-28-2007, 02:35 AM   #6
(female)

vdubsickgirl HB User

Hello~! I was doing only 1 80 a day and then those got to expencive so we started doing heroin. Listen I just myself got clean off of methadone beccasue our heroin prob was getting too bad. There is no way you can go from 400-500 mg a day to 40. You will be so sick. I am not telling you this so you don;t do it beacause it can be done you just have to do it right. You can also die from withdrawl aswell if you do not do it the proper way. I know how it is trust me. But if you listen to at least ONE thing I say is don't go on a MEthadone Matanaince Program cause you'll just get hooked on that, that was what I was doing. I just quick after being on it for 4 years. It is worse then pills cause the half life is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY longer. Dont stress you are going to be ok. Just find an addiction doctor who know what they are doing and you will be ok!!! Good Luck!!

Old 09-28-2007, 08:08 AM   #7
(male)

mlfoley HB User

rancidskater428,
It sounds like my last post scared you, I'm sorry if it did. But I'm scared for you because you're taking soooooo much. I've had too many friends and relatives nod off on high doses and not wake up. Please, Please, Please get to a recovery DR. and come clean about what your doing and you'll be all right. Stay away from the Methadone and find a Suboxone Dr. I just came off and it was the easiest WD I've ever had. See my posts and threads under my user name. I'm praying for you friend.
Good Luck,
mlfoley

Old 09-28-2007, 03:05 PM   #8
(female)

mxchick HB User

Hey - I read your post and it reminded me of my situation. My boyfriend was into professional sports and made an extremely good salary. However, he spent all of his money on Oxycontin; up to 2500 a week. Needless to say he also lost his job because of the drug testing and now we are facing foreclosure and repossession. Fortunatley after 3 years of using; I went to his family for help and he decided he wanted to get clean and checked into rehab. He has struggled with suboxone but couldn't ever seem to wean himself off of it. There have been several other friends of his who have passed away from oxy and a combo of drugs and its scary. Please get help before its too late -- I know as his girlfriend we both have a long road ahead of us with meetings/relapse etc.. but get help before its to late spend your money on rehab not pills!

Closed Thread