It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 08:13 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User
Side Effects from Opiate Use

I'm curious as to what the side effects are from opiate use. Like bladder or digestive problems. With so many people using so much per day, didn't it cause other health problems? I've heard opiate use can really do some damage in other areas of your body..like your stomach, hair, etc.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Re: Side Effects from Opiate Use

Hey Laye - thanks for posting that thread. I would also like to know the answers to your questions. Hopefully, someone that knows will reply.
JB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2007, 06:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

long term opiate use really effects the ear and ear drum.rush limbaugh lost his hearing due to extreme opiate use.it doesnt let the ear wax come out as it should and it causes damage to the entire ear.most of the time tho,if your liver is alright then most times other organs are fine to.its hard on siniuses i know for sure.im sure it does some damage to the heart in the long run.hope it never happens to you.good luck-spark

Old 09-30-2007, 07:50 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jules3 HB User

its also very hard on the bladder it like almost shuts it down...it takes a very long time to pee.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:18 AM   #5
(female)

tapergal43 HB User

I have actually had ear drum issues, trying to get them solved for the past year and my dr just said yesterday it might be from my long term use of pain meds. geez.

There is a powerful steroid that you can put into your nose that will dilate your nasal and sinus cavity to allow your inner ear pressure to come down so I am trying that, she also gave me a mild diuretic and told me to drink a gallon of water a day.............the diuretic will pull water out of your organs and thus make you really pee and drag this stuff out of your body. She said it is only for short term but she also suggested with the upset stomach, not to take the immodium and just let your body purge itself of these toxins.

It was explained to me like this, like a glass of milk, you drink the milk but then you have all that residue left in your glass. Our bodies are the same way, once we stop the pills there is years of residue built up and that is what takes so long to remove.

Complete loss of energy is another side effect. Funny, seems like we all take them at the beginning to aquire energy and in the end it is those same ugly pills that take our energy we thought they were so good for.

Best wishes!

Closed Thread