It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #1
(female)

Ladywicked HB User
My marijuana addiction

Hey everyone, this is my first time using this site, and thread. But I feel I need to get some things of my chest about my addiction that maybe fellow recovers can understand, and maybe lend some of their advice.

I started using marijuana in June 2005, I was 28. First it was just at night times, then it turned into a few during the day, now I'm an addict. Hopefully a recovering one. The reason I started was because my ex hubby and I had a boarder staying with us, one night my ex and her thought it would be a good idea to make a bong. The green was easily accessible as I already had some in the house, cause I used to make muffins with it. My first ever cone went down as smooth as the last one I had. Anyway by the time September came along it wasn't that bad, but I'd had had enough of the boarder sucking us financially dry and her always putting herself before my own boys, so I kicked her out. Five days later my hubby left me. The day after he left my dad gave me $100 to buy food, but instead I brought green.

From there the smoking got worse, to the point that I would smoke it like I was smoking a cigarette. For example, after dinner, after sex, after getting home, before going out etc. At the beginning it was good, friends would come over and smoke with me. I was living in the garage, where it was all kept, and where people smoked and drank. Then I realised in May last year that I had a problem, and decided it was time to quit, so my ex bf and I went away for 10 days and I detoxed. When I came home it wasn't there anymore and I didn't need it.

Three and a half months later, I was having cravings, I was depressed, and wanted a smoke. So I went over to my friends place, and had a cone, I remember how relaxed and complete I felt. So my friends other half had to go buy some and asked me if I needed any, well of course I did!!!! The next day I went shopping, new bong, lighter, and grinder, I was set to start smoking again, so I did. This time I smoked in my bathroom, so the kids wouldn't see it. Wasn't till one day that my eldest turned to me and said, "You smoked a bong, and put marijuana in it!" it was like being slapped in the face. So I decided when this quarter was gone, I was quitting. So I did, and it was easy. I packed it all up, put it in a bag, and my ex bf went and put it all in a bin some where, while I cleaned the bathroom, to make a new beginning. I was fine, even at new years I could have a few cones and be fine, go home, and no cravings.

January this year, I met my now boyfriend. About two months ago the cravings started again, to the point that it was almost like I had just quit, and was still trying to change my routine. A month ago we went to a friends of mine and I had a few cones, and it was so good, that relaxed feeling was back. Four days later I had brought it all again(much to the boyfriends disgust)!

This time around has been the worse, the "need" for it, I started to miss work, my eldest told me my bedroom smelt like how the garage used to smell, the bf was always saying I smelt, and I knew it had had a hold on me, and I had to do something.

It's been six days since my last cone, I just bit that bullet, and threw it all out. This afternoon is the best I have felt in about 2 months. I'm going to my first NA meeting tomorrow, I think now it's time to REALLY do something about it. As I figured out the times I have started to smoke again, it has been September! So I know it has something to do with the month, my hubby leaving, and I want to stop the yearly cycle.

ATM I'm going thru the sweats, the sleepless nights, I'm agitated, I'm thirsty and constantly feel sick. It is getting better. I've started to take St Johns Wort, which is prob why I feel good this afternoon. Now I'm just figuring out why I'm here, what do I want from life. I'm a mum, a new aunty, a gf, and the rest, so I'm working on being the best I can be at them. It's nice to be able to spend time with my kids, not be to stoned in bed, and not smelling like smoke, not trying to hide it when people come over, not having a smoke and thinking why am I doing this to myself.

Well I'm hoping the meetings will help, and this site, as the few stories I have already read have helped.

Thanx for letting me babble on and get my story out! (I needed it )

Lady

Last edited by Ladywicked; 10-01-2007 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Missed out a bit

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2007, 03:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

granny0 HB User
Re: My marijuana addiction

Hey Lady! Congratulations on your quitting! My addiction is to hydrocodone. I used to smoke alot of pot in my younger days, but it never became an addiction. Actually, I really didn't know you would have physical withdrawal from pot. I've been off the hydro for about 5 weeks now. No body knows of my addiction but the people on this message board. I became very depressed and my dr prescribed cymbalta which has helped some. My poor husband felt sorry for me/my depression and actually bought me some pot! I've smoked it a few times, but it does not make me feel like I want to. Actually feel a little paranoid on it. Anyway, I wish you the best beating your addiction - hang in there!
JB

Old 10-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #3
(female)

Ladywicked HB User

Hey, Yeah I have got a friend and also my sister who have smoked it with me, and they can walk away from it, and not have any cravings or w/ds, but for me if it's in the house I have to have it. Which really sucks. The only people that know that I'm getting of it is my bf, my sis, and a friend of mine. I was to ashamed to tell anyone else that I was on it. And also none of my family knew or know that I was smoking it in the first place. I think my dad would kick my arse lol. Besides being emotional and crying over nothing it's going ok, I don't miss it, or have cravings, I think it's just the hole point of it coming out of my system.

I hope your going ok, and we can only do this one day at a time.

Good luck to you, and thanx for your support

Mwahs

Old 10-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #4
(female)

StartingOver07 HB User

OMG, I just read your whole story and it mirrors mine. I have been smoking green everyday since I was 18 besides the two times I was pregnant and I am 32. I am in the process of tapering and I am crying over nothing and sooooooooooo agitated. I also have two kids that I have to hide it from, as well as my seceret life I hid from all my kids friends parents as well everyone around me. If they knew I was a complete stoner they would just DIE!! The biggest problem I have is my neighbor sells it and she is my friend. It SUCKS sooooo bad cause it makes it almost impossible to quit. I cant afford it anymore ( It is more than gold) and I just cant kick it. I dont know what to do. I cant eat, sleep, or just relax???????? I give you props for quitting the way you have and keep up the good work.

Closed Thread